Forums

Miscellaneous

Championship run in

Posted in Off Topic

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 9 April 2019, 21:22
Two from Norwich, Leeds and Sheff Utd going up - Norwich look massive favourites but we've all seen it turn dramatically before. As a Norwich fan I'm pretty confident we'll see it through this time.

WBA are collapsing in devastating fashion, Preston pushing for Playoffs as are about 6 other teams. Frank Lampard's Derby County still in the mix, Villa on fire at the moment.

Scum (Ipswich) are already dead and buried but 2 more relegation spots to be filled from 4 or 5 teams. Bolton looking pretty likely to be out of it too though tbf

What are your thoughts? Most exciting Championship season I can remember and loads of teams still with work to do to either get themselves into the playoff mix or to avoid relegation.

Who is going up? Who is going down? Who will make the POs? Who will win the POs?

And most importantly, are we all hoping for a chorus or two of this come the end of the season?

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 10 April 2019, 16:03
I'd quite like the top 3 teams to go up, but of course the playoffs don't make it that easy. But I really want Leeds back in the Prem.

WBA haven't looked as good since Harvey Barnes came back to Leicester, I know a Middlesborough fan and I'm getting fed up of his Pulis out posts! smiley

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 10 April 2019, 20:40
Leicester Fosse wrote:
I'd quite like the top 3 teams to go up, but of course the playoffs don't make it that easy. But I really want Leeds back in the Prem.

WBA haven't looked as good since Harvey Barnes came back to Leicester, I know a Middlesborough fan and I'm getting fed up of his Pulis out posts! smiley
See I did want Leeds up, until I started having a look at their twitter. Bunch of entitled knobheads who seem to genuinely believe that other teams play at a higher level against them, and try harder. Every team in the league apparently does this because they're such a big, wonderful club and the highlight of any player's career is to turn out against the mighty Leeds. They're literally delusional.

WBA are well and truly popped now, be surprised if they ended up going up.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 22 April 2019, 21:31
Leeds are falling apart....again

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 22 April 2019, 23:28
Norwich and Sheff Utd (pretty much) with automatic promotion.

Villa have won 10 in a row so have a great chance in the play offs.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 23 April 2019, 00:14
Leicester Fosse wrote:
Norwich and Sheff Utd (pretty much) with automatic promotion.

Villa have won 10 in a row so have a great chance in the play offs.
Aye, I want the bloody title though. One more point to go until promotion or Leeds fail to win. Sheff Utd have got Ipswich at home and then Stoke away, whilst we take Blackburn at home and then travel to Villa on the final day. We effectively need 4 points to seal the title, or if Sheff Utd drop any points at all then a win will do it (draw will do it if they lose but unlikely against the scum)

I strongly suspect Villa will field their reserves as they protect their main men for the playoffs, so not particularly worried about them if I'm honest.

WBA vs Villa is a really good looking match up for the neutrals in the playoffs, I also look forward to Leeds completing their collapse with an embarassing spanking by whoever finishes in 6th. They're proper bottlejobs.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 27 April 2019, 23:58

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 28 April 2019, 00:22
congrats on promotion smiley....I remember The Premier league smiley on a positive note though, the way things are going, I might make Bolton's team for the game against Brentford smiley

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 28 April 2019, 01:04
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
congrats on promotion smiley....I remember The Premier league smiley on a positive note though, the way things are going, I might make Bolton's team for the game against Brentford smiley
Was gutted to see you go down buddy - I really liked the Bolton fans I came across (apart from the 14 year old scallies who tried to give it the big'un outside the car park smiley ).

Easy to forget but we were there 10 years ago. Bolton seem to be in a bit of a state at the moment, but fingers crossed that the issues can be resolved (starting with getting rid of that odious cretin who just bought the club as soon as is viable).

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 28 April 2019, 11:29
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Easy to forget but we were there 10 years ago. Bolton seem to be in a bit of a state at the moment, but fingers crossed that the issues can be resolved (starting with getting rid of that odious cretin who just bought the club as soon as is viable).
tbh I'm fed up to the back teeth of Anderson and Bassini ...anyways enough miserableness .....well done to you guys for getting back to the Prem ...Sheff Utd to go with ya? Leeds to fail in playoffs? and where do you think you will finish in Prem next season?