Forums

Miscellaneous

What's your biggest in-game weakness?

Posted in General

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 23 April 2019, 10:24
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
A lack of a balanced strategy to money making. I've funded progress primarily through cycles of player development and selling on auction. I should really spend some time on player flipping to balance it out, but never get round to learning this aspect of the game.
I used to flip players until I could afford an ETF. Once I had that though I switched to developing players like you said. Flipping was fun but it was a lot more involved and time consuming. Although I did really like the high risk/ reward aspect, I really don’t have the time to be properly flipping which is annoying.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 23 April 2019, 10:49
A Tribe Called Quest wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
why not lay a better pitch for your stadium or and increase stadium capacity, if money burning holes bid on my players + 5m please ,
There's no point really because I'm not going to be selling it out for a while so it'd be stupid to do it now just to shell out more money on repairs.
So wrong its not stupid if money burning holes in your pocket btw stadium repairs are minimal if you not attracting large crowds , laying a new pitch is a relatively cheap upgrade and in the long run prevents injuries and looks good to boot .

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 23 April 2019, 11:00
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
A lack of a balanced strategy to money making. I've funded progress primarily through cycles of player development and selling on auction. I should really spend some time on player flipping to balance it out, but never get round to learning this aspect of the game.
I used to flip players until I could afford an ETF. Once I had that though I switched to developing players like you said. Flipping was fun but it was a lot more involved and time consuming. Although I did really like the high risk/ reward aspect, I really don’t have the time to be properly flipping which is annoying.
I think it's the time commitment that puts me off. That, and the fact I'd have to invest time to improve my understanding of the transfer market at the moment.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 23 April 2019, 12:07
Coptic Titans wrote:
So wrong its not stupid if money burning holes in your pocket btw stadium repairs are minimal if you not attracting large crowds , laying a new pitch is a relatively cheap upgrade and in the long run prevents injuries and looks good to boot .
It's not wrong at all, everyone familiar with the game will tell you that it's pointless investing money in a bigger stadium until you're almost selling out your stadium on max ticket price.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 23 April 2019, 12:11
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
I think it's the time commitment that puts me off. That, and the fact I'd have to invest time to improve my understanding of the transfer market at the moment.
To be fair, you can do it with minimal time input it's just going to be slower. I can't remember exactly how much but I'm pretty sure at one point I was averaging about 3mil profit each week from flipping players, I was constantly scouring the auctions for bargains though.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 23 April 2019, 12:46
Coptic Titans wrote:
why not lay a better pitch for your stadium or and increase stadium capacity, if money burning holes bid on my players + 5m please ,
There's no point really because I'm not going to be selling it out for a while so it'd be stupid to do it now just to shell out more money on repairs.
We all have different approach and we differ on that , my approach is exactly the same as in gaining WTF develop two squads sell one invest some in youths and upgrade stadium once you got it no one can take it away .

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 23 April 2019, 13:01
Coptic Titans wrote:

We all have different approach and we differ on that , my approach is exactly the same as in gaining WTF develop two squads sell one invest some in youths and upgrade stadium once you got it no one can take it away .
Fair enough, I’ve always just decided to invest my profits back into youth players unless my facilities need an upgrade.

Whittall United (Grant) 23 April 2019, 13:22
Mines more a personal thing, just don't have the time to invest into the game as much as i'd like.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 23 April 2019, 15:46
Whittall United wrote:
Mines more a personal thing, just don't have the time to invest into the game as much as i'd like.
Me too. I'm at university so I go through phases of being really busy and then not having much on.

Cant Score (Hello) 23 April 2019, 16:44
Normally play the game in spells so have never tried raising players for long periods of time. Awful knowledge at flipping/valuating players other than the types of players (age and rating) my team currently holds at that point in time so generally depend on playing the leagues for revenue using older players prone to retire which leaves tight profit margins (if at all).