Forums

Miscellaneous

4 players retiring...

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 19 June 2019, 17:16
Also as a side effect I have the impression that there are a lot less players sold under their value on the auction, which may take away the only way to finance the team. which would make me and a lot of people quit.
There!

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 19 June 2019, 17:41
Adrianopol FC wrote:
Also as a side effect I have the impression that there are a lot less players sold under their value on the auction, which may take away the only way to finance the team. which would make me and a lot of people quit.
There!
There is constant fluctuation with players selling on the auction and T/L. I have been playing about 12 months. For the first 4 months you could consistently buy decent players on auction for less than 1/2 their value. A few months ago, it seemed like every decent player was going for OVER their value on the auctions and you could sell players on T/L way over the value. Now, it seems to be dropping back a bit again. I have a couple players on the T/L that would have been snapped up in an minute a few months ago at the prices I am asking. Instead, they have been sitting there for weeks.

You have to adapt to the changes in player sales prices, just like you would playing the stock market. That is what makes it interesting.

The process of buying old players (over 31) never worked for me. Retiring players are too much of a risk. I didn't start making progress in this game until I started flipping players at the beginning. That is the only way to get anywhere quickly IMO. Once you have a decent training ground, you can relax a bit and work the auctions and T/L.

Final Whistle (join) 19 June 2019, 17:43
What do you mean by "I started flipping players at the beginning"?

Eternauti FC (Corto Maltese) 19 June 2019, 17:45
Adrianopol FC wrote:
There!
I understand the frustration, but this has happened to everyone so it's a level playing field. If all players increase in value so should yours if a large number has been taken off the pool.

Plymouth Patches (Fanoir Le Patch) 19 June 2019, 19:47
Copper Ridge FC wrote:

A few months ago, it seemed like every decent player was going for OVER their value on the auctions and you could sell players on T/L way over the value. Now, it seems to be dropping back a bit again. I have a couple players on the T/L that would have been snapped up in an minute a few months ago at the prices I am asking. Instead, they have been sitting there for weeks.
I'm glad it's not just me; I was about to create a new topic about this, to ask if anyone else was seeing this. I also have about 10 players on T/L who would normally have been sold very quickly, but have had almost no activity for a couple of weeks now

Final Whistle (join) 19 June 2019, 20:03
Same thing, I reduced to 110% market value and only sold like 2 players

Final Whistle (join) 20 June 2019, 10:24
Also why do the devs that if they screw up they should hide the sh!t under the carpet and fix them without announcing?

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 20 June 2019, 12:10
Plymouth Patches wrote:
Copper Ridge FC wrote:

A few months ago, it seemed like every decent player was going for OVER their value on the auctions and you could sell players on T/L way over the value. Now, it seems to be dropping back a bit again. I have a couple players on the T/L that would have been snapped up in an minute a few months ago at the prices I am asking. Instead, they have been sitting there for weeks.
I'm glad it's not just me; I was about to create a new topic about this, to ask if anyone else was seeing this. I also have about 10 players on T/L who would normally have been sold very quickly, but have had almost no activity for a couple of weeks now
You're not going to get any activity on that talent player that you have listed for 3m.

Tbf, the bottom line here is, players will sell off the transfer market as long as they are at the lowest price in comparison to similar players.

Plymouth Patches (Fanoir Le Patch) 20 June 2019, 19:22
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Plymouth Patches wrote:
Copper Ridge FC wrote:

You're not going to get any activity on that talent player that you have listed for 3m.

Ah, not him ... I think he is undervalued an expect a good uplift on him in the Sunday update. So he's not really for sale, hence the 3M tag

Tbf, the bottom line here is, players will sell off the transfer market as long as they are at the lowest price in comparison to similar players.