Forums

Miscellaneous

Game is Dead

Posted in General

Albania FC (Erik Ten Hag) 18 July 2019, 09:25
I officially give up with this game after 11 long years this game is getting so boring now its hard for me to play anymore.

Thanks to everyone that helped me before

Whittall United (Grant) 18 July 2019, 11:11
You'll be back, you always are smiley

The Goon Squad (Very) 18 July 2019, 11:58
Unfortunately the game isn't what it was 5 years ago before 'New' training, match engine and abilities, we've lost so many great managers.

All the best mate, let me know when you make a come back smiley

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 18 July 2019, 14:52
[quote=The Goon Squad]
Unfortunately the game isn't what it was 5 years ago before 'New' training, match engine and abilities.

I absolutely agree there have been a number of mis-steps. Players ageing prematurely is a personal bugbear, the concept is fine in principal, but 28, 29..really? Offsides and corners need to be fixed too as it is just lame how these simply don't work properly after all these years. And don't get me started on players in top divisions agreeing privately between themselves to swap leagues. That stinks to high heaven as I have said many times before and is symptomatic of the hands-off attitude of the game's staff, looking after their buddies rather than doing the (clearly) right thing.

There are a number of serious problem issues with the game but in all the 5 years or so I have been here, I cant recall a time (at least in the last few years) that I have been asked my opinion about what is good in the game, what needs attention - instead these "enhancements" just steadily appear whilst important (to some) problems are unaddressed, leading to players such as this saying goodbye. Running any company requires the customers' views to be heard - but if you don't even ask....

Final Whistle (join) 18 July 2019, 17:38
Newcastle U FC wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:
Unfortunately the game isn't what it was 5 years ago before 'New' training, match engine and abilities.
I absolutely agree there have been a number of mis-steps. Players ageing prematurely is a personal bugbear, the concept is fine in principal, but 28, 29..really? Offsides and corners need to be fixed too as it is just lame how these simply don't work properly after all these years. And don't get me started on players in top divisions agreeing privately between themselves to swap leagues. That stinks to high heaven as I have said many times before and is symptomatic of the hands-off attitude of the game's staff, looking after their buddies rather than doing the (clearly) right thing.

There are a number of serious problem issues with the game but in all the 5 years or so I have been here, I cant recall a time (at least in the last few years) that I have been asked my opinion about what is good in the game, what needs attention - instead these "enhancements" just steadily appear whilst important (to some) problems are unaddressed, leading to players such as this saying goodbye. Running any company requires the customers' views to be heard - but if you don't even ask....
To a new player such as me it's amazing to see so many people leaving.
And all this after what it seems like a daunting task to get to WCTF.
Maybe with the new change in ownership things start heading to the right direction. Check again in 6 months maybe Sunnyvale opens his ears to older managers opinions. Agreed that since it's mostly a payed game (meaning most of the income is from subscription as opposed to advertisement I guess), user opinions should be respected more. Hopefully soon the youth squad will be release also, I'm waiting impatiently to see that (also to extend the squad to 44 players!).
I agree that from a match engine point of view there seem to be some tweaks to be made on the tactical side and on the engine side. What it amazes me is that there is no "heading" and "crossing" attribute since the match engine is supposed to be using a 3D coordinate system.

Well, all in good time I guess.
Sorry to see you go.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 18 July 2019, 18:21
Newcastle U FC wrote:
And don't get me started on players in top divisions agreeing privately between themselves to swap leagues. That stinks to high heaven as I have said many times before and is symptomatic of the hands-off attitude of the game's staff, looking after their buddies rather than doing the (clearly) right thing.
Can you explain what exactly about this annoys you? It doesn't affect promoted/relegated teams, all it does is swaps two of the top flight clubs around preventing them potentially moving into the fourth tier of a league and losing millions for no good reason. If this was prevented, then nobody would ever move countries and the same teams would dominate the same league until they got bored and left the game.

There's lots of things wrong with VM but I'm a bit baffled as to why this is an issue?

The Brahma Bulls (nothingtoseehere) 18 July 2019, 19:01
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Newcastle U FC wrote:
And don't get me started on players in top divisions agreeing privately between themselves to swap leagues. That stinks to high heaven as I have said many times before and is symptomatic of the hands-off attitude of the game's staff, looking after their buddies rather than doing the (clearly) right thing.
Can you explain what exactly about this annoys you? It doesn't affect promoted/relegated teams, all it does is swaps two of the top flight clubs around preventing them potentially moving into the fourth tier of a league and losing millions for no good reason. If this was prevented, then nobody would ever move countries and the same teams would dominate the same league until they got bored and left the game.

There's lots of things wrong with VM but I'm a bit baffled as to why this is an issue?
It bothers me also as most teams do it just cause they think it's a weaker league they will go to so they pester you with messages trying to convince you that their league is easier same as those that buy youths and then sell to so called affiliate clubs so they can grantee themselves a profit same goes for those that wont outbid a so called game friend so many little things like this causes the game to suffer.

The Goon Squad (Very) 18 July 2019, 19:26
The Brahma Bulls wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Newcastle U FC wrote:

It bothers me also as most teams do it just cause they think it's a weaker league they will go to so they pester you with messages trying to convince you that their league is easier same as those that buy youths and then sell to so called affiliate clubs so they can grantee themselves a profit same goes for those that wont outbid a so called game friend so many little things like this causes the game to suffer.
Well I'd intentionally never out bid let alone bid on a player No Pukki has bid on with consulting him first, partly because he's a virtual friend, and partly because what's the point in Driving the price up for either of us.

Example

If a player is worth 20m and is currently selling for 18m and a 'friend' is leading why drive them up? Now if you speak to that 'friend' after the auction and say I was interested in that player I'll give you 19m that 'friend' makes a quick million and you save a million.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 18 July 2019, 20:04

[/quote]
See my press releases. It explains all there. Thank you for your interest. Rolf

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 18 July 2019, 20:07
(May 2017)