Forums

Miscellaneous

Untrained youths on auction

Posted in General

The Goon Squad (Very) 11 August 2019, 11:36
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Paying over 100,000, let alone 600,000 on an untrained youth (15) seems a ridiculous risk to me. I don't know what the percentages are, but I would say 1 in 20, maybe 1 in 30 will be a good prospect, so you would need to be nice and rich or very lucky to make paying a high 6 figure sum for one a worthwhile strategy.
Rolf
It's supposed to be 5% so 1 in 20

Frankies acre bhoys (all players transfer listed) 11 August 2019, 15:58
The Goon Squad wrote:
Understated Excellence wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:
Newcastle United FC wrote:
I haven't really been taking notice of the auctions recently, but had a quick browse of the 15 year old market this morning to see 3 'untrained' youths who are currently selling for between 400-600k a piece!
Is this the norm now or has it got way out of hand?

EDIT: I have the links of the 3 players if anyone wants them, just wasnt sure if I could post them here
Inbox me the links please James
Vulture lol
This comment baffles me, since I was Posting 16 hours ofter the op at half past midnight when auctions have closed, furthermore he said that they are selling for 400 - 600 thousand if that's the case you must think I'm an idiot to spent potentially 1.8m on 3 lottery tickets when I'd rather send my scouts out and get cheap lottery tickets https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13564181-ignatie-anis-ene/history https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13530655-willy-steendahl/history
Total cost less than 1.8k
5 untrained youths with 22 days left each one went for 400 grand,,2 mill is a hell of a gamble smiley

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 11 August 2019, 19:20
The Goon Squad wrote:
Copper Ridge FC wrote:
Damn. I would be happy to sell all my untrained youths, if it were ;possible and ethical..

About 250 untrained youths and zero talents over 1 1/2 years. 250 x 200k = 50 million that could have been made from sales instead of ZERO. I would definitely take the stable income instead of the risk.
You have made 0 talents, I find that difficult to believe unless you haven't created any.

Edit: I've just looked at at 4 weeks of your transfers and you have only created 2 youth, out of twenty which will have a negative effect on the probability of getting a Talent.
This is absolutely true, although I guessed at the total amount before. I just looked at my history of all youth players I have discovered. I have 14 pages of discovered youths at 9 per page. So, the actual total is 126 youths created. I started playing VM in April 2918. I consistently created youth players until mid-april 2019. Over the last 5 months I have only created 4 youth players as I became pretty dejected.

The only player that even came close at all to being a talent was a guy I created recently. I thought he was going to break the run of bad luck after the first train. Then, he went into the tank.

https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13527338-jaakob-taulo

Looking through the list of players that I created, the current highest value player is now 28 years old and worth only 27,400c

I am not complaining about VM at all. I just realize that I have had terrible luck when it comes to creating youths.

I am sure that some day I will get back into creating more youths. But right now, I do better picking up other managers discarded youths for cheap and some of them actually turn into good profits.

The Goon Squad (Very) 11 August 2019, 19:37
We all have terrible look, but as the expression goes you gotta be in it to win it if you create all your players in one go say Sunday 11:30pm it will take you 5 minutes, if you get nothing you lost about 10k if you get lucky you could potentially get 100k upto 40m