Forums

Miscellaneous

What are you working towards?

Posted in General

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 11 December 2019, 16:57
Hi everyone,

I've been playing VM on and off for almost two years but pretty much kept myself to myself within the game but I figured its about time to get involved more with some other managers.

As progressing is slow going to climb towards the top I thought why not check in with you all to see what everyone is aiming for and whether you think you're on course for it.

For me my target is to continue trading on the market with the intention of reaching WCTF, I can almost afford PTF now so I feel close to the goal but this is probably where its going to becoming the most challenging to keep pushing on. I also want to keep a couple of talents that came through my youth system and see how good they can become.

Enough about my average team! What are you aiming for?

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 11 December 2019, 17:52
Welcome to the Forums smiley

To answer your question, I am still working towards Vifa Rank #1.
My team was savaged when the age related ability decline was brought in and we haven't recovered.

GL with the TF Upgrades, - I have to say that the period between PTF and WCTF was the most boring of my VM career as I didn't want to spend on anything else and it seemed to take ages ... smiley

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 11 December 2019, 18:51
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Welcome to the Forums smiley

To answer your question, I am still working towards Vifa Rank #1.
My team was savaged when the age related ability decline was brought in and we haven't recovered.

GL with the TF Upgrades, - I have to say that the period between PTF and WCTF was the most boring of my VM career as I didn't want to spend on anything else and it seemed to take ages ... smiley
Talk about inspiring confidence, I’ve got the most boring period to look forward to! smiley

What is the closest you’ve been to number 1 and do you think you are back on the right path towards it now?

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 11 December 2019, 18:55
Magic Monkeys wrote:
What is the closest you’ve been to number 1 and do you think you are back on the right path towards it now?
He's been #2, and no, with that team he's not back on track. smiley

Of course, with him it's just a matter of if he wanted to do it, not can he. He has plenty in the bank to make it happen if that was what he wanted.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 11 December 2019, 19:12
Bayern Munich wrote:
Magic Monkeys wrote:
He's been #2, and no, with that team he's not back on track. smiley

Of course, with him it's just a matter of if he wanted to do it, not can he. He has plenty in the bank to make it happen if that was what he wanted.
- Saved me typing out the answer ...

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 11 December 2019, 19:13
Win the quadruple again but this time from the danish league smiley

Plymouth Patches (Fanoir Le Patch) 11 December 2019, 23:30
I've been playing for 11 months, and built a team which made mid-division 2, got to STF and stadium to 16,400. Then about 6 weeks ago, sold the entire team, enabling upgrade to ETF, spent a couple of weeks building a young, reasonably promising squad, and dropped back to Div 5. Focus now on training for the next 3-4 months, with the target of selling the team for >50M and upgrade to PTF, and then do it all again. So medium-term aim to to get PTF by May 2020

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 11 December 2019, 23:42
Absolutely nothing, I go around in circles with my team & play style smiley

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 12 December 2019, 08:54
Johns Army wrote:
Absolutely nothing, I go around in circles with my team & play style smiley
Good to see you are aiming high smiley

Whittall United (Grant) 12 December 2019, 12:46
Aim is to have a side play in the top division made from my home-grown players, upto div 5 smiley