Forums

Miscellaneous

VAR

Posted in Off Topic

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 30 December 2019, 22:16
I don't know exactly what aspects of VAR should be changed and how to make it as fair as possible without killing all the atmosphere. All I know is an armpit being offside is ridiculous to me

The Goon Squad (Very) 30 December 2019, 22:19
For me Pukkis goal was stupid, there was NO flag so the goal should have stood, that's why we have lines men, that's is one aspect that could be changed

Razey Rovers (Daniel Razey) 30 December 2019, 23:17
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Becoming increasingly clear it is just a matchfixing tool for the FA to ensure that the big boys remain dominant.
I find it stupid that you think VAR in conspiring to give Liverpool the league, have we forgot about these 2 "Offsides" given against Liverpool by VAR

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 30 December 2019, 23:30
Razey Rovers wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Becoming increasingly clear it is just a matchfixing tool for the FA to ensure that the big boys remain dominant.
I find it stupid that you think VAR in conspiring to give Liverpool the league, have we forgot about these 2 "Offsides" given against Liverpool by VAR
Yeah, it's definitely not happening because the whole footballing world is permanently conspiring against Liverpool. Always the victims.

Razey Rovers (Daniel Razey) 31 December 2019, 00:00
I'm not saying Liverpool are always the victim, I'm just telling you to get off your high horse that VAR is a conspiracy to keep the top teams at the top. But I agree the implementation of VAR has been an absolute joke at this point.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 31 December 2019, 11:04
Fifa are considering changing the offside rule ...something needs to be done

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 31 December 2019, 13:07
Razey Rovers wrote:
I'm not saying Liverpool are always the victim, I'm just telling you to get off your high horse that VAR is a conspiracy to keep the top teams at the top. But I agree the implementation of VAR has been an absolute joke at this point.
Spot on. Liverpool and Leicester are on top because they are playing the best football this season, not because of some ridiculous conspiracy. Norwich are deservedly at the bottom because they are playing the poorest. Any stupid notions of conspiracies need to stay in the playground where they belong smiley

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 31 December 2019, 13:14
Harlem Heroes wrote:

Spot on. Liverpool and Leicester are on top because they are playing the best football this season, not because of some ridiculous conspiracy. Norwich are deservedly at the bottom because they are playing the poorest. Any stupid notions of conspiracies need to stay in the playground where they belong smiley
I'm not saying we should be top of the league, but have you actually watched Norwich this season? If so, are you seriously saying we're bottom for playing the worst football? Worse than Burnley's hoofball? Really?

If anything we're bottom because we're not playing the worst football and we play decent passing football. We might not be good enough but the football we play is phenomenal. Were you watching when we played Spurs off the park on Saturday? Or deservedly beat Man City? Or when Buendia became the only player in the entire Premier league era aside from Hazard to play 10+ key passes and complete 10+ dribbles in the same game?

Talk about stupid notions and then come out with that uninformed nonsense. Oh dear.

Even Leicester fans are saying they get the benefit against lesser teams but screwed against the big boys. Which is sort of backed up by the penalties stats I mentioned earlier?

Are you seriously saying that VAR is being applied correctly and fairly? Even though the International FA group disagrees with you?

Razey Rovers (Daniel Razey) 31 December 2019, 14:09
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Fifa are considering changing the offside rule ...something needs to be done
Graeme Souness had a nice idea where basically if any part of the attacker is onside you cant be ruled offside or something like that.
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Even Leicester fans are saying they get the benefit against lesser teams but screwed against the big boys. Which is sort of backed up by the penalties stats I mentioned earlier?
VAR didnt screw them over boxing day where they got romped 4-0 by Liverpool.

In fact the top 3 teams that have benefited most from VAR decisions. Brighton, Southampton and Manchester Untied.

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 31 December 2019, 14:51
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Harlem Heroes wrote:

I'm not saying we should be top of the league, but have you actually watched Norwich this season? If so, are you seriously saying we're bottom for playing the worst football? Worse than Burnley's hoofball? Really?

If anything we're bottom because we're not playing the worst football and we play decent passing football. We might not be good enough but the football we play is phenomenal. Were you watching when we played Spurs off the park on Saturday? Or deservedly beat Man City? Or when Buendia became the only player in the entire Premier league era aside from Hazard to play 10+ key passes and complete 10+ dribbles in the same game?

Talk about stupid notions and then come out with that uninformed nonsense. Oh dear.

Are you seriously saying that VAR is being applied correctly and fairly? Even though the International FA group disagrees with you?
I did not comment on how VAR was being applied, I was simply stating that your conspiracy theory was ridiculous. As for Norwich, they have lost the most games, conceded the most goals and have the least points. But hey, they are only stats, if you think their football is phenomenal, crack on smiley