Forums

Miscellaneous

Is this a joke? How is this possible??!

Posted in General

FC Viitorul Constanta (Gheorghe Hagi) 29 January 2020, 19:59
Way better team than the opponent, 0 chances to score...
Better overall perseverence, better captain. Better tactic... Wtf ?
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/71146938/summary

Absolutely that can happen. The VMEnhancer app says that you had a 78% chance to win, 15% chance to tie and and a 7% chance to lose with those lineups.

You also have to factor in fatigue levels, home field advantage, play style, mentality, tempo, etc.

If I am playing a team that is much better than me, I will deploy a defensive strategy and hope for a 0-0 tie.

Upsets happen, just like in real sports.

You will probably never see a team of 15 y/o players beat a team of players with a 70 average rating in VM. But, while you obviously had the better team, it is not by a long shot.

If the developers completely took out all the randomness in the game, VM would be completely boring and there would be no reason to even play the matches. I think they got it just about right.




Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 31 January 2020, 14:29
Tired of seeing these posts. It's football, anything can happen. While is may be annoying at times, that person feels great.

FC Viitorul Constanta (Gheorghe Hagi) 4 February 2020, 14:37
I have to admit that for every game like the first one I have also caused an upset, latest being:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/71300990/summary

But at least in this case I can say that his tactic is very poor with lots of players on wings and an isolated forward. I've convinced myself after very few matches that wide positions are pretty useles except maybe for top divisions where you could exploit some teams that lack some defense on the sides.

Black Rock Shooter (Debunoas) 4 February 2020, 15:29
Take a look at this for example

2020-05 Division 2, Group 1 16 -28 23
2020-04 Division 2, Group 1 4 15 56

My squad had no changes in that time, no injuries that I didn't instantly heal, and no tiredness, against almost all of the same teams I went from finishing 4th to dead last in back to back seasons... Sometimes your guys will have a bad game, sometimes they will have a bad season, same thing happens with training.

My team tends to underperform against worse opponents, dunno why, just happens, maybe yours does too

FC Viitorul Constanta (Gheorghe Hagi) 4 February 2020, 17:42
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
I have to admit that for every game like the first one I have also caused an upset, latest being:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/71300990/summary

But at least in this case I can say that his tactic is very poor with lots of players on wings and an isolated forward. I've convinced myself after very few matches that wide positions are pretty useles except maybe for top divisions where you could exploit some teams that lack some defense on the sides.
Yeah, so once that happend it just went to worse:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/71456025/summary

Seriously the oponents player had like 10% energy and were better than mine with 50% energy and 50% better stats. I really don't get how that's possible!
A 35 rated keeper and an 30 rated DC against a 58 rated FR. This is insane.

And I forgot, man of the match, 26 rated MC smiley)))))))))))
https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13512512-gennadi-kloskowyo

Whittall United (Grant) 4 February 2020, 19:41
You only played with 10 men, might have something to do with it smiley

FC Viitorul Constanta (Gheorghe Hagi) 9 February 2020, 01:18
What a joke!!! seriously why am I playing this game?
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/71303567

Whittall United (Grant) 9 February 2020, 02:59
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
What a joke!!! seriously why am I playing this game?
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/71303567
What are you actually talking about?
On average your teams are even and he has home advantage, nothing wrong with the result.

Plymouth Patches (Fanoir Le Patch) 9 February 2020, 04:58
Yep, at a glance, I'd have picked you opponent to win that one - more balanced range of ratings, formation, and home advantage
Reply