Forums

Miscellaneous

Youth Squads

Posted in General

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 30 March 2020, 01:11
Are the lucky majority making credits from youth squads?

If so, when do I get one because I'm losing out

6 years of subscriptions to be last in queue... Typical of my bad luck haha

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 30 March 2020, 12:22
Youth squads are fine until Div 4 where energy levels need tweaking or maybe a bigger squad to combat this, whatever it is going to be expensive with constant energy boosts or the other option lower training intensity its lose or lose at this level when compared to 30 man squad. If there was an option to return to the old system and refunded for upgrades I would bite your handoff.
The extra spaces have no benefit at all as I have had to buy cheap players with lower potential just to protect energy levels of the original players of my 30 man squad.

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 30 March 2020, 12:51
For me at my lower level where my senior team has just been promoted to division 5 and youth promoted to division 6 having the youth team is increasing my profit dramatically. I just had my season with the most profit which was my 2nd season with the youth team.

Prices of youth player have gone up as demand is way higher so if you can still find good deals you can make money very quickly.

I'm way ahead of my target of achieving WCTF and youth squads are definitely a big catalyst for that.

Bradford P A (michael hirst) 30 March 2020, 16:05
how can a 28 year old play in youth team ?

Newcastle United FC (James) 30 March 2020, 20:02
Can anything positive be said for youth squads?
From what i've seen is its just driven youth prices to ridiculous inflated amounts, and ruined a lot of teams planning with regards to training players due to the energy/mood situation.
Personal opinion is every 'update' this game has done or tried to do in about 5 years as put 1 step forward and about 5 steps back. Just look at the 'match sim update'. It was the lowest one on the voting table yet still got implemented (all to try and be a bit like FM in my opinion), which may I add they had to revamp the training to fit into it and also had to remove player by player instructions. Yes I know this is a new owner, but he was still part of that so in my opinion I take what he says and promises with a pinch of salt.
It seems to me these 'updates' just hinder players and are not beneficial to how the game could be ran.

When I started what got me excited was this game seemed to have a niche in the market. Now I feel its just became another bang average game trying to follow the crowd instead of being innovative and unique.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 30 March 2020, 21:52
Newcastle United FC wrote:
From what i've seen is its just driven youth prices to ridiculous inflated amounts, and ruined a lot of teams planning with regards to training players due to the energy/mood situation.
Personal opinion is every 'update' this game has done or tried to do in about 5 years as put 1 step forward and about 5 steps back. Just look at the 'match sim update'. It was the lowest one on the voting table yet still got implemented (all to try and be a bit like FM in my opinion), which may I add they had to revamp the training to fit into it and also had to remove player by player instructions. Yes I know this is a new owner, but he was still part of that so in my opinion I take what he says and promises with a pinch of salt.
It seems to me these 'updates' just hinder players and are not beneficial to how the game could be ran.

When I started what got me excited was this game seemed to have a niche in the market. Now I feel its just became another bang average game trying to follow the crowd instead of being innovative and unique.
+1

Whittall United (Grant) 30 March 2020, 22:41

This I agree with, I actually played this game before this current team, but stopped playing and my old team was deleted, but I came back, because this game was different to all the others, just better if I'm honest.

But things changed, and it has gone down the route of trying to be like others, difference being, these other games have the man power.

What I will say though, youth teams have been wanted for a long time, yes its early days and it is still in beta stage, and as more people use them, the faults will be found and I'm sure Dennis will sort them.

Also like to say, Dennis has not long acquired VM, let's give him chance to get his vision into the game, because when all said and done, he wants this to work more than any of us smiley

Solsbury Hill (Jigsaw) 30 March 2020, 22:49
Personal opinion is every 'update' this game has done or tried to do in about 5 years as put 1 step forward and about 5 steps back.
Yea a lot. It puts a whole new layer to the game. That is great. You should try it smiley

Try it, before you speak about it smiley

About the market? It is the same for everyone. You can also sell your youth players for more, nothing has changed.

Hindle FC (Florent Sinama-Pongolle) 30 March 2020, 23:38
Would be nice if the youth team benefited from playing experience to counteract the fitness situation

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 31 March 2020, 00:27
Wish I could comment but still waiting on experiencing it ha