Forums

Miscellaneous

Can we learn from the match ratings?

Posted in General

FC Viitorul Constanta (Gheorghe Hagi) 13 October 2020, 19:59
Deepcar Dragons wrote:
Ardmore Rangers wrote:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/79217773/summary We can learn that this game really has issues!
You lost 1-0 in a tight match, am I missing something?
Yes, the match is not even close to being tight, and looking at ball possession 44 VS 56 and shots 4-1 while the home team was missing left midfield where supposedly 33% of the attacks should have been distributed and away team has far superior forwards compared to both defenders and keeper. Statistically home team had 20% to win according to Vman enhancer or vmaninfo, not sure which plugin I have în my chrome desktop browser.
But statistics doesn't take into account a faulty team lineup such as this home teams one. As there is a missing side midfielder there should be some penalty as is the cas for when you play with less then 3 midfielders as half the field is opened.

Deepcar Dragons (Matt Colley) 13 October 2020, 23:10
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Deepcar Dragons wrote:
Ardmore Rangers wrote:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/79217773/summary We can learn that this game really has issues!
You lost 1-0 in a tight match, am I missing something?
Yes, the match is not even close to being tight, and looking at ball possession 44 VS 56 and shots 4-1 while the home team was missing left midfield where supposedly 33% of the attacks should have been distributed and away team has far superior forwards compared to both defenders and keeper. Statistically home team had 20% to win according to Vman enhancer or vmaninfo, not sure which plugin I have în my chrome desktop browser.
But statistics doesn't take into account a faulty team lineup such as this home teams one. As there is a missing side midfielder there should be some penalty as is the cas for when you play with less then 3 midfielders as half the field is opened.
I think you need to have a lie down mate, he lost a game he was expected to win, its not the end of the world, it happens in real football too you know, regardless of your treasured statistics

Whittall United (Grant) 14 October 2020, 15:20
Deepcar Dragons wrote:
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Deepcar Dragons wrote:
Ardmore Rangers wrote:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/79217773/summary We can learn that this game really has issues!
You lost 1-0 in a tight match, am I missing something?
Yes, the match is not even close to being tight, and looking at ball possession 44 VS 56 and shots 4-1 while the home team was missing left midfield where supposedly 33% of the attacks should have been distributed and away team has far superior forwards compared to both defenders and keeper. Statistically home team had 20% to win according to Vman enhancer or vmaninfo, not sure which plugin I have în my chrome desktop browser.
But statistics doesn't take into account a faulty team lineup such as this home teams one. As there is a missing side midfielder there should be some penalty as is the cas for when you play with less then 3 midfielders as half the field is opened.
I think you need to have a lie down mate, he lost a game he was expected to win, its not the end of the world, it happens in real football too you know, regardless of your treasured statistics
Pretty much this.

Theres a few around these here parts that demand they should win if the stats say they should, they want a boring and predictable game it seems smiley

FC Viitorul Constanta (Gheorghe Hagi) 14 October 2020, 16:07
Explain this:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/79420037/summary

I for one can't be upset, this is one of the instances of winning a match with 5% chance.
But I bet the other manager is pretty p!$$ed smiley

Deepcar Dragons (Matt Colley) 14 October 2020, 17:38
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Explain this:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/79420037/summary

I for one can't be upset, this is one of the instances of winning a match with 5% chance.
But I bet the other manager is pretty p!$$ed smiley
What do you mean explain this?! You just said there was a 5% chance, there's your explanation, you gave it yourself buddy smiley

FC Viitorul Constanta (Gheorghe Hagi) 14 October 2020, 18:00
Deepcar Dragons wrote:
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Explain this:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/79420037/summary

I for one can't be upset, this is one of the instances of winning a match with 5% chance.
But I bet the other manager is pretty p!$$ed smiley
What do you mean explain this?! You just said there was a 5% chance, there's your explanation, you gave it yourself buddy smiley
That's not an explanation, statistics are based on previously played matches between similar teams (not sure how accurate is, maybe it' based on total ratings of the two teams).

So saying it is possible because previously it was possible is a circular reference smiley
It does not explain why it's possible. The explanation would be that given that there is a let's say 30% random and forwards+30% could be better than defenders -30% and also better than keepers -30% would be an explanation. But since we don't have any numbers about how random this game is we expect it to be more predictable than it is (when we lose smiley , seems no one is bothered when they win when only having a 5% chance) .

Deepcar Dragons (Matt Colley) 15 October 2020, 02:49
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Deepcar Dragons wrote:
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Explain this:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/79420037/summary

I for one can't be upset, this is one of the instances of winning a match with 5% chance.
But I bet the other manager is pretty p!$$ed smiley
What do you mean explain this?! You just said there was a 5% chance, there's your explanation, you gave it yourself buddy smiley
That's not an explanation, statistics are based on previously played matches between similar teams (not sure how accurate is, maybe it' based on total ratings of the two teams).

So saying it is possible because previously it was possible is a circular reference smiley
It does not explain why it's possible. The explanation would be that given that there is a let's say 30% random and forwards+30% could be better than defenders -30% and also better than keepers -30% would be an explanation. But since we don't have any numbers about how random this game is we expect it to be more predictable than it is (when we lose smiley , seems no one is bothered when they win when only having a 5% chance) .
You could talk the hind legs off a donkey lad
Reply