Forums

Miscellaneous

Replacing useless stats in VMAN

Posted in Ideas/development

Final Whistle (join) 18 December 2020, 23:48
Johns Army wrote:
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Johns Army wrote:
I watch all my games and there are multiple set piece situations so nothing wrong with that. Mostly comes from free kicks.
So you're saying that if during the free kicks a player passes to a forward the finishing is not used and the set pieces is used instead? I highly doubt that since played with 30 set pieces scored often against 80+ keepers.
If a player passes to a forward than you have set pieces (free kick/corner) and passing stats in play. Never seen from a free kick the player directly shooting at goal, so that's something perhaps could change. Finishing wouldn't be used as not shooting at goal.

For pens than you got set pieces and finishing of course.
Here is the skill description in-game:
Set pieces
Power and accuracy of shots on goal during penalty shootouts etc
-----------------------------------------
So this kind of voids your supposition that set pieces is used.

Also take a look at goals scored by forwards with or without set pieces and notice that it doesn't seem to matter.
I think this is more clear in 2nd div and below, when comparing 80+ Finishing and between 30 and 70 Set Pieces vs 75+ One on One for Keepers that is supposed to intervene in this situations:
One on one
Determines the keeper's chance of catching the ball during set pieces.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also the manual is so outdated that is speaks of Marking, a great skill for Defenders(which I agree it is, but it seems to have been removed even before I started playing):

A players' overall performance are expressed through 18 attributes, which can be seen in the bottom of the player profile page. These attributes are divided into three main categories: technical, mental, and physical. Each attribute affect players performance during matches.

Some attributes are more important to some players. For example, a Forward benefits more from having good finishing attributes than others - and Defenders benefit from having a good marking attribute. The manager can also affect the importance of each ability by placing a player wisely on the field or by giving him certain instructions. For example, a midfielder that is good at finishing will perform better if he is instructed to finish often. In this way, the manager can exploit players strengths.