Forums

Miscellaneous

Vman info

Posted in General

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 7 April 2021, 12:54
Manningham FC wrote:
Just want to ask for future reference (if any crew could respond that would be helpful), if someone wanted to make some script similar to VMANinfo but make it private to themselves, would it be considered a violation of game rule 1.7 or would it be allowed? In other words, would someone making it get a ban? I always found it a bit sketchy that an outside interface was allowed like that to effectively nullify scouting, but just wanting some clarification for future smiley
It would depend what it would involve I suppose but I would advise you go through support and speak to Jeppe (Game Admin) before you do anything

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 7 April 2021, 13:21
All clubs who used these extensions should be re-set to start all over again bank balances wiped clean smiley

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 7 April 2021, 13:31
Coptic Titans wrote:
All clubs who used these extensions should be re-set to start all over again bank balances wiped clean smiley
smiley I've never used it tbh

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 7 April 2021, 13:38
Just trying to ruffle a few feathers however some sort of penalty should be imposed on clubs who have gained years of on unfair advantage resetting these clubs would be a hoot.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 7 April 2021, 13:49
Coptic Titans wrote:
Just trying to ruffle a few feathers however some sort of penalty should be imposed on clubs who have gained years of on unfair advantage resetting these clubs would be a hoot.
smiley smiley

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 7 April 2021, 13:57
Coptic Titans wrote:
I would have liked to seen this too

Final Whistle (join) 7 April 2021, 17:16
Eaglescliffe FC wrote:
It's a competitive market so the price will work out but it protects against big clubs taking advantage of newer less experienced players. So I can see why more established players don't like it, cuts out their margins. So if anything not having it is less fair it being gone.
So you argue that having experience from playing the game should be nullified by adding some site to level just the new Danish users (or some more intermediary/advanced english-speaking clubs)? How is that fair?
Eaglescliffe FC wrote:
Finally it was never as good as scouting anyway. Scouting still gave the most accurate overview of what a players real potential was. So even if you did like a player using vman info, you'd have to scout them anyway as it could have been slightly misleading. So again didn't really give any advantage.
It was better than scouting because scout only looks at the last 10 trainings and uses some randomness to increase or lower the perceived potential by using the hidden potential.
But if you had 10 players in the report, around 2-3 were overestimated potetial, 2-3 were underestimated potential and ~6 were showing the correct potential(including any hidden potential that was not displayed or if overtrained and player having better trainings than his potential).
However if the players were overtrained the Vman Info would show that and you coud have easily have predicted potential for players with more than 10-15 trainings.
It's how most money is made by those who know this and take advantage of it.

Helsingborg United (Seanacus) 7 April 2021, 18:51
Final Whistle wrote:
Eaglescliffe FC wrote:
It's a competitive market so the price will work out but it protects against big clubs taking advantage of newer less experienced players. So I can see why more established players don't like it, cuts out their margins. So if anything not having it is less fair it being gone.
So you argue that having experience from playing the game should be nullified by adding some site to level just the new Danish users (or some more intermediary/advanced english-speaking clubs)? How is that fair?
Eaglescliffe FC wrote:
Finally it was never as good as scouting anyway. Scouting still gave the most accurate overview of what a players real potential was. So even if you did like a player using vman info, you'd have to scout them anyway as it could have been slightly misleading. So again didn't really give any advantage.
It was better than scouting because scout only looks at the last 10 trainings and uses some randomness to increase or lower the perceived potential by using the hidden potential.
But if you had 10 players in the report, around 2-3 were overestimated potetial, 2-3 were underestimated potential and ~6 were showing the correct potential(including any hidden potential that was not displayed or if overtrained and player having better trainings than his potential).
However if the players were overtrained the Vman Info would show that and you coud have easily have predicted potential for players with more than 10-15 trainings.
It's how most money is made by those who know this and take advantage of it.
Unsure why your complaining - you have links to it in your bio along with all the other so called "cheats".

It was an advantage to those who decided to use it, although not as if it was kept a secret by anyone - almost everyone I know who has played this game at some point used it.. including those in this thread...

If anything the game should look at what drew people to it in the first place and use some of the ideas etc.. the VTR system was great.

In this modern-era of gaming where information is easy to spread there are plenty of websites that offer information like this that you wouldn't get from just playing the game yourself, Football Manager is the perfect example of this as a direct comparable.

Either way - its shut down now not sure why we are sending a witch hunt to "punish" the people who used it.. the game would lose most of it's player base at that rate.