Forums

Miscellaneous

England in the Nations League ...

Posted in Off Topic

St Johnstone (WilliamFrazer) 24 September 2022, 05:37
Being top of the nations league isn’t for everyone smiley

Joking aside, was an awful watch last night seeing Saka at LWB and none of your players playing with any real confidence, down to his tactics for sure as we all know England have quality players and should’ve beat that Italy lineup last night.

Chaz City (Chaz) 25 September 2022, 11:48
We have the best international team in the world right now, managed by an average idiot. Won't get past Round 2 with him in charge.

Peemu Tukki FC (PT) 25 September 2022, 13:05
Chaz City wrote:
We have the best international team in the world right now, managed by an average idiot. Won't get past Round 2 with him in charge.
Squad is painfully average imo.

Swanski Swans (Swanface) 25 September 2022, 17:11
SuDoku AFC wrote:
For what it's worth, ...
I reckon he's treating this competition as a series of friendlies with no need to win them / it.

That may be ok if he really really needs to look for some "better" players than the previously fairly settled first team(?), but, it'not a good look otherwise.

What concerns me more is the mid season World Cup. I can foresee certain clubs either claiming certain players are not fit enough to be released to play, or pressure being put on the National management not to try too hard and get to the latter stages as they don't want their best players returning home absolutely worn out from so many games up to the Final.
World Cup competitions should not be played in places where the players wellbeing is threatened. That is the case this year, but it's all about money and 'expansion' of the game, isn't it. Nothing to do with the quality of football or the condition of the players. I shall not be taking any notice as I consider the whole event to be a farce.
With regards to Southgate and the England team - Congratulations on last place and relegation, thoroughly deserved due to the attitude of the management and the incompetence of the players. Enjoy league 2!!!

Chaz City (Chaz) 25 September 2022, 17:35
Peemu Tukki FC wrote:
Chaz City wrote:
Squad is painfully average imo.
Not really. Defence aren't the best admittedly, but there is a concerning lack of decent defenders world wide at the minute.

Our attacking players are plenty and amongst the world's best, only Benzema and Haaland are better than Kane at finding back of the next for e.g.

Our issue is the manager doesn't know what he is doing with them. We reached the final last year in spite of Southgate, and had we had a decent manager in charge we'd have beaten Italy.

Chaz City (Chaz) 25 September 2022, 17:39
Swanski Swans wrote:
SuDoku AFC wrote:
For what it's worth, ...
I reckon he's treating this competition as a series of friendlies with no need to win them / it.

That may be ok if he really really needs to look for some "better" players than the previously fairly settled first team(?), but, it'not a good look otherwise.

What concerns me more is the mid season World Cup. I can foresee certain clubs either claiming certain players are not fit enough to be released to play, or pressure being put on the National management not to try too hard and get to the latter stages as they don't want their best players returning home absolutely worn out from so many games up to the Final.
World Cup competitions should not be played in places where the players wellbeing is threatened. That is the case this year, but it's all about money and 'expansion' of the game, isn't it. Nothing to do with the quality of football or the condition of the players. I shall not be taking any notice as I consider the whole event to be a farce.
With regards to Southgate and the England team - Congratulations on last place and relegation, thoroughly deserved due to the attitude of the management and the incompetence of the players. Enjoy league 2!!!
Am sure we will be drawn together, maybe you can finally fill the Millennium for once? smiley

I am looking forward to the Welsh progress this winter, you would think Wales v USA would be a long way to determine who will come out of the Group with England - as long as we get our act together of course.