Forums

Miscellaneous

Where is everybody?

Posted in General

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 20 February 2023, 11:57
I have just bought a "proper" player valued at 991,000C off the open auction list - for 1C

I can only presume no-one else checked the list during the preceding 15 minutes?

- Where is everyone?

Orient CF (George) 20 February 2023, 13:06
That is mad....

I do wonder how many active managers there are on this game now? Does seem awfully quiet, only ever see the same few names in the forums too....

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 20 February 2023, 14:41
I've a 90-rated defender on the auction for less than his value, only a few hours left and not a single bid...this is a zombie game now.....

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 20 February 2023, 15:49
Newcastle U FC wrote:
I've a 90-rated defender on the auction for less than his value, only a few hours left and not a single bid...this is a zombie game now.....
Yep. Stick a fork in it. At most, I`d say there are perhaps 300-400 active players. The game is just a shadow of what it was 10 or so years ago. And I`d say maybe 10% of those take the time to ever post on the Message Board. I remember when the General Board would get 50-100 posts in a single day. Pretty sad state we are in here.

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 20 February 2023, 23:54
Orient CF wrote:
That is mad....

I do wonder how many active managers there are on this game now? Does seem awfully quiet, only ever see the same few names in the forums too....
It's a lot harder for new players to succeed unless they are prepared to spend lots of time on markets. And that's harder too. No opportunity to pick up 1c untrained, player wages hiked at the top levels, etc. Costs a lot of credits to win trophies at the top level, whether you buy oldies or develop players. 25m per trophy when I last won something worthwhile.

I'm not sure I'd go through with it if I was starting out now.

Derby Boyz FC (azz) 21 February 2023, 06:10
I came back after 6 years out and while ive still got a half decent team im finding it harder to catch the top teams up it's alot harder than what it used to be

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 21 February 2023, 20:22
This maybe controversial motion so here goes , make the transfer list obsolete this will certainly liven up the auctions as it will be the only way too move players or buy players also make the minimum time at least an hour duration.

Edit after a rethink 15min auctions only allowed to start 1c

ryanthelion (Ryan Micallef) 22 February 2023, 00:20
I log in once every few months to check if the game is still alive or if anything's change. I've had my account for years. I loved this game, I don't think I ever got higher than division 4 but still logged in every day, used to actually enjoy watching the games in 2D. I think when they moved the match engine to 3D it started to go downhill and I didn't like the way attributes changed, personally I never handle change that well.

This game will always have my heart though, sad to see the forums so desolate

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 22 February 2023, 00:39
Coptic Titans wrote:
This maybe controversial motion so here goes , make the transfer list obsolete this will certainly liven up the auctions as it will be the only way too move players or buy players also make the minimum time at least an hour duration.

Edit after a rethink 15min auctions only allowed to start 1c
I get 99% of my players off the Transfer List, so I`d be totally against doing away with it. There are 6-8 hours time differences for some managers, and Auctions only could never work. I personally would leave the game because no players would be available by the time I get online. If anything, I`d rather see them eliminate the auctions and have TL only. Real-life football has no such things as auctions. But VM has never made much effort into trying to make this game anything like real life football. I`m still waiting for the 5 substitutes to be instituted. JMO though.

A Z Magma (floki) 22 February 2023, 01:09
been on here 13 years went 5 years without playing i think,can remember 1300 players online many years ago last time i checked 400