Forums

Miscellaneous

Where is everybody?

Posted in General

A Z Magma (floki) 22 February 2023, 01:11
ryanthelion wrote:
I log in once every few months to check if the game is still alive or if anything's change. I've had my account for years. I loved this game, I don't think I ever got higher than division 4 but still logged in every day, used to actually enjoy watching the games in 2D. I think when they moved the match engine to 3D it started to go downhill and I didn't like the way attributes changed, personally I never handle change that well.

This game will always have my heart though, sad to see the forums so desolate
yes they did ruin the game with their failed improvements

could have been so so much better than what they chose to make it

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 22 February 2023, 02:13
The 2D match viewer and retro scoreboard were definitely one of my favourite parts of the game, matches are obviously such a massive part of the game, and the 3D stuff is just so slow and tedious to watch, which is a shame. I very rarely watch them anymore.

I've been back playing properly for about 25-30 weeks now, normally only manage 5-10 weeks a year over the past 5 years - it's nice to be enjoying the game again, but i definitely think a large part of it for most is nostalgia and past fondness, so i can see why new(er) managers might not stick around for long. Especially in the International scene where the forums are so quiet now as well, at least for new Danish users their forums are a little more alive, even if still much quieter than the peak years.

To sum it up for me in VM terms, i think if we ran a scout report on VM itself it would display 'Ok' or maybe for some 'below average' when i think the true hidden potential really could be promising or even formidable smiley

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 22 February 2023, 14:10
AZ Magma wrote:
been on here 13 years went 5 years without playing i think,can remember 1300 players online many years ago last time i checked 400
Yes. I too remember the Sunday evenings, after the weekly update, when the & awards were adjusted and we had sometimes upwards of 1400 managers online.

I've just looked at the current Vifa # rankings, I read them to suggest that we have perhaps around 3,000 properly active clubs in total now.
Sad indeed if that's right