Forums

Miscellaneous

Posted in Developer's corner

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 2 June 2023, 14:13
FC Apollyon wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
I still believe the fairest way to proceed with this is by allotting a certain number of top quality staff to all clubs regardless of status however they only come alive with a valid premium license.
I do not like that idea, for a few reasons.

It would equate to not having a use for any trainers, if everyone with a licens would get free top trainers.
Seems like a p2w feature.
it is already p2w feature you can only utilize staff with premium , what I suggest will give clubs an equal footing which will not only benefit the more experienced and wealthy clubs but all . it will be up to clubs weather to hire or go without a trainers /scouts .
Here is a breakdown which will satisfy most clubs these allotted staff do not retire only need premium and offering them a contact on an individual basis depending on the clubs finances

2 x 20 keeper + Youth.
6 x 20 youth + Outfield
2 x 20 maxed out scouts

If more staff required,by clubs they can find them in the usual way through staff search this will ensure all clubs are satisfied and take away the frustration of searching for the vast majority of clubs, with the added bonus of no more additional coding/recoding needed

After all we are paying for this ,so every club should have an equal right of top quality staff and we are paying your salaries collectively

Osbaston Tigers (Russell) 2 June 2023, 16:03
Personally would like to see a nationality filter, for if/when I return to the One Nation approach.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 2 June 2023, 20:07
Osbaston Tigers wrote:
Personally would like to see a nationality filter, for if/when I return to the One Nation approach +1

A much better solution than the initial proposal.

I still think there should a be a tiny smattering of 20x20x20 "Super" trainers, - & therefore 20x20x20x20 "Super" scouts - for those lucky enough to be offered them = keeping the interest a daily thing for those willing to work for the absolute best, and then at least as many as now of the 20x20 trainers in each skillset.
You could even "bar" the assistant manager from finding any more top quality staff than whatever number you are happy for each club to have ... then for goodness sake make that number public so we're not back in the same position as now of searching for people that aren't actually available ...
> You might even find that some managers will decline signing a 20x20 trainer if they already have some - in the small hope that the next batch of potential recruits includes a 20x20x20! smiley

Running it this way will even out the spread of the best staff, and why shouldn't they be available? = it's not harmed the game up to now ...

Enchiladas Mexicanas (Patatas Bravas) 2 June 2023, 22:29
What is the optimal number of 20/20/20 coaches that a single club can have?

Does a club need one for every single player?

If you have a squad of 40 players (or whatever) and the players are fine with being trained in, say, five groups, then there's no reason for anyone to have more than five 'ultra' trainers.

Just limit the amount of 20/20/20 (or even 20xx20, 2020xx etc) coaches that anyone can have to the minimum.

I don't like the idea of limiting those who don't pay for it.

NORTH LANARKSHIRE (Artyboy) 4 June 2023, 01:35
It sounds good as a start of a new change it can only get better definetly better than the current one

Canterbury City (Steve Ansell) 5 June 2023, 23:31
I can't help but feel that the areas of the game being developed don't actually ever help keep managers in the game. For instance, I would feel far more inclined to remain engaged if there was a change where when a player retires he does so at the end of a season rather than after just four games into a season! This is more realistic and gives us a bit of time to find a replacement before the start of the next season.

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 6 June 2023, 11:22
Canterbury City wrote:
I can't help but feel that the areas of the game being developed don't actually ever help keep managers in the game. For instance, I would feel far more inclined to remain engaged if there was a change where when a player retires he does so at the end of a season rather than after just four games into a season! This is more realistic and gives us a bit of time to find a replacement before the start of the next season.
He retires at the end of his contract, which I think make sense.
So keeping your old players on a longer contract period gives you more time to find a replacement, should he announce his retirement.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 11 July 2023, 09:38
Please can you update us on when the new staff search/recruitment regs will be active? I am not the only player very frustrated by the current situation where one player has been allowed, even following your official review, to hoover up all the 20x20 trainers meaning none are available to search for unless you happen to read his mail message within 10 minutes of it being posted. This is stupid. It reflects very poorly on VM. However.....

The new regs seemed a reasonable compromise and better than what we have now, but weeks and months pass and nothing happens, it is very frustrating. Please update us.

I'd be fine with some sort of interim solution if implementing the suggested change is proving difficult, but please, you really need to do SOMETHING soon. The situation is intolerable.

Thank you, Rolf

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 11 July 2023, 11:40
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Please can you update us on when the new staff search/recruitment regs will be active? I am not the only player very frustrated by the current situation where one player has been allowed, even following your official review, to hoover up all the 20x20 trainers meaning none are available to search for unless you happen to read his mail message within 10 minutes of it being posted. This is stupid. It reflects very poorly on VM. However.....

The new regs seemed a reasonable compromise and better than what we have now, but weeks and months pass and nothing happens, it is very frustrating. Please update us.

I'd be fine with some sort of interim solution if implementing the suggested change is proving difficult, but please, you really need to do SOMETHING soon. The situation is intolerable.

Thank you, Rolf
Liam is currently on maternity leave and will be back July 31st. So don't expect an answer before then.
Also Dennis is currently sick, so the development will be delayed for a bit.

Wycombe Wanderers FC (Shaun) 6 August 2023, 10:57
Hi

This current idea means you could be searching for days.

While maybe not perfect the current way works OK

The only change needed is to stop a team mopping up all of the good ones so why not either have a max number of trainers/scouts a team can have or a Max one new one a week or even a day to stop the selfish ones stopping others.