Forums

Miscellaneous

Posted in Developer's corner

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 2 June 2023, 08:22
Please provide us your feedback about the recent blog post here.

https://www.virtualmanager.com/blog/1111-employee-changes-part-2

SV Baar (Alexander) 2 June 2023, 08:48
Is there something that would positively impact the search results then?

It would be suboptimal if you'd only get world class employees in 1/20, meaning it could easily take many days to find the right employee.

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 2 June 2023, 09:06
SV Baar wrote:
Is there something that would positively impact the search results then?

It would be suboptimal if you'd only get world class employees in 1/20, meaning it could easily take many days to find the right employee.
As written in the blog post, you'd search from employees with at least 45 attributes, shared in the three main categories.
So they will be usable - they will not be the best everyone single time.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 2 June 2023, 09:18
Thank you for responding and acknowledging the feedback which you received and your team’s willingness to reconsider its plans.
But
1. You haven’t clarified if you plan to drop the discredited and, frankly silly suggestion to ban trainers with two 20 stats.
2. You haven’t commented on why you don’t appear to be prepared to significantly increase the number of 20x20 trainers.

It seems a good idea in principal to change the way clubs are able to search for trainers to avoid time wasting looking for trainers that are not available and to prevent, if it does, players at 2.30am taking such unallocated trainers out of the available pool. But I think we are looking for some reassurance that whatever you come up with will address the problem of (most) players not having access to the best trainers.

Thank you
Rolf.

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 2 June 2023, 09:31
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Thank you for responding and acknowledging the feedback which you received and your team’s willingness to reconsider its plans.
But
1. You haven’t clarified if you plan to drop the discredited and, frankly silly suggestion to ban trainers with two 20 stats.
2. You haven’t commented on why you don’t appear to be prepared to significantly increase the number of 20x20 trainers.

It seems a good idea in principal to change the way clubs are able to search for trainers to avoid time wasting looking for trainers that are not available and to prevent, if it does, players at 2.30am taking such unallocated trainers out of the available pool. But I think we are looking for some reassurance that whatever you come up with will address the problem of (most) players not having access to the best trainers.

Thank you
Rolf.
1. We have not settled wether or not to include 20x20 or 2020x trainers. But in general they would be part of the 45 attributes or more.
2. This might be to parted - both explained in the previous blog post. If everyone has access to the best, there would be no point in having anything else.
We do plan on generate more and better qualified staff - meaning they will have more attributes.

Do mind that this is intended as a smaller change, that will be build up as we go a long. This is part 1 of the general rewrite of the employee system.
There will come more in the future, according to the bigger plans on the employee system.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 2 June 2023, 09:58
I still believe the fairest way to proceed with this is by allotting a certain number of top quality staff to all clubs regardless of status however they only come alive with a valid premium license.

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 2 June 2023, 10:54
Coptic Titans wrote:
I still believe the fairest way to proceed with this is by allotting a certain number of top quality staff to all clubs regardless of status however they only come alive with a valid premium license.
I do not like that idea, for a few reasons.

It would equate to not having a use for any trainers, if everyone with a licens would get free top trainers.
Seems like a p2w feature.

Ipswich Town Allstars (Dunx Adams) 2 June 2023, 11:20
I feel this soloution is going to have the effect of putting "trainer searching" back in my hands. This means that If a manager can be bothered or needs to find a trainer, then he at least has a chance to be rewarded with the best. Those who expect someone else to do all the work can go without.

It is a big thumbs up from me!

Kentrell Creek (Walter Dreher) 2 June 2023, 11:43
FC Apollyon wrote:
Please provide us your feedback about the recent blog post here.

https://www.virtualmanager.com/blog/1111-employee-changes-part-2
Very happy with this proposed solution.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 2 June 2023, 13:30
Sounds better than current system