Forums

Miscellaneous

Repair

Posted in General

Bucaspor (Rabias Harry) 30 September 2023, 18:58
How much does stadium repair affect attendance and income?

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 30 September 2023, 20:58
My understanding of this if your stadium falls below 80% over all then this will effect your attendance on a increasingly sliding scale depending on how poorly maintained your stadium gets.

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 1 October 2023, 07:12
Coptic Titans wrote:
My understanding of this if your stadium falls below 80% over all then this will effect your attendance on a increasingly sliding scale depending on how poorly maintained your stadium gets.
According to the manual 80% is correct.

https://www.virtualmanager.com/en/manual/stadium

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 1 October 2023, 07:18
What I would like to know is cost. Is it more efficient to keep on top of it or does it end up costing more per percentage if you leave it. Or does it still end up costing the same.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 1 October 2023, 18:22
I never left any stand fall beyond the 85% mark before repairing and I find it cost more effective than 90% mark also usually update 2-4 stands a week depending on condition and if I feel the need to recruit might skip a week. The same with contacts stagger then on a weekly basis which can be flexible depending on circumstances, finances or planned recruitment .

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 2 October 2023, 08:34
Sounds good advice thanks.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 2 October 2023, 14:35
So, I don't have a definitive answer here, but, as i understand things:

there is a "base payment" every time you Repair a stand.
I don't know how much it is, or whether it is different for the size of the stand ...
but for the sake of arguement, let's just say it is 10k each time you make any repair.
Then, I don't know whether the cost to repair every 1% of decay is the same?
Again for the sake of the arguement, let's accept that it is, and let's set it at 5k per 1%.
Larger stands cost more to repair (and take longer).
I also don't know whether stand condition decays at the same rate - ie if decay from 100% down to 95% takes 100hrs, does decay from 80% down to 75% also take 1000hrs? and does decay from 50% down to 45% also take 100hrs?
- If decay time decreases the lower the stand condition gets, then making repairs sooner rather than later may be cheaper overall ... ?

So, if you repair stand x at 95% decay, you'll pay the base rate of 10k plus 5x1% @ 5k = 35k total.
If you do that a further 3 times over the next couple of weeks, you will spend in total 140k.
If on the other hand you wait until 80% decay before you repair, (and the decay rate is the same?),
at that point you'll pay the base rate of 10k plus 20x1% @ 5k = 110k in total.
We know that you won't lose any attendance revenue either way so far.

The next thing I don't know for sure is whether attendance for a stand starts to fall when that stand drops below 80%?, or whether attendance depletion only kicks in when the overall decay of the whole stadium falls below 80%? - and we get the system message telling us it's time to make repairs.
I believe it's the latter overall Stadium condition that matters.

There is so much here that is unknown, that I find it impossible to assess with any certainty the optimum time to make the repairs, but, personally, I let them drop just below 80% each before I make mine
(- keeping the overall average condition above 80%, - and making very sure that I don't have an upcoming Home match before the repair will be complete - as the relevant stand(s) will be unavailable completely during the time of the repair!)