Forums

Miscellaneous

Bought him by accient make of it what you will

Posted in Player Sales - 16-22 Year Olds

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 9 October 2023, 09:09
https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/15962658-trevor-craigen/training. Didn't know I had him until this morning. My youth squad is not my primary concern.

FC Crystal Palace (Jurgen Meltz) 9 October 2023, 10:30
Not sure if you're aware or not but putting players on auction above their market value costs you each time.

Nice little pickup though but don't lose out on coins setting the auction start price too high.

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 9 October 2023, 15:09
FC Crystal Palace wrote:
Not sure if you're aware or not but putting players on auction above their market value costs you each time.

Nice little pickup though but don't lose out on coins setting the auction start price too high.
I know he could be a donkey. Not really bothered. Used to be a veteran at this game. Played it 10 years ago. Used to have WCFT. I am making bread. He is first auction that is costing me. I dont sell on auction. Started off in the auctions buying 1C players. Sold 3 today so far. I buy on auction and transfer list. Its easier and more profitable. I don't buy retiring old players now. Looking in the 3-400,0000 credits range 28 or 29 yrd olds. Youths are a bit different though. Need to look at my asking prices again. I put a youth I created on transfer llist at first for 200,000C then changed it to 400,000C. I under sold him. Someone bought him and flipped him for 1.2 mil. I wont be using that value chart again. I always buy under value I like both footers they flip quick. If I can make 100,000C off a player I will buy it. When I buy a player I check what is on the transfer list. Mine is nearly always less than anything else on it. Don't care if he is under sold its a quick turn over. Profit is a profit. I make sure if I cannot sell a player he can stay in my squad.

FC Crystal Palace (Jurgen Meltz) 9 October 2023, 19:20
I understand that, I'm saying you could make more money with these 1c players you buy by listing at 1c as you can't lose. Placing a 50k starting bid costs you coins diminishing your profit.

If it works for you thats great, I've lost tons flipping as like you I played years ago under a different account. Back then you could make tons on flipping but the game has changed so much in the transfer market.

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 9 October 2023, 20:05
I get what your saying but they are small profits. Its too time consuming getting nowhere slowly. Initially it worked well. Not going to sell a 1C player for 100,000C very often. If this guy don't sell on auction not really losing in the grand scheme of things. I woke up and found I had a talent in my squad. I didn't buy him to flip. Speculate to accumulate. I am testing the market see what it says. I suspect not much. Probably past it. I am not in the youth market. I don't see profit in oldies much. I wont buy one unless I can max out the contract. Usually outweighs the value.

FC Crystal Palace (Jurgen Meltz) 9 October 2023, 20:23
Ah that makes more sense if you're watching the market and how people are buying selling etc.

I miss the old days when the community was tops.

Had some great characters about.
The forums were alive. Sunday update was exciting.

The game is so basic now and doesn't seem as fun or worthwhile.

I've still never understood why they don't make an app.

The amount of users would rocket imo

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 9 October 2023, 20:29
I've noticed its quiet on here these days. I remember Penny or Penelope was her name she was from the states. She was always getting forum bans. She was like marmite. You either like it or you don't. Don't think she is here any more. I got on fairly well with her. I've not seen her. She made a lot of contributions to these forums. I will try and bring a bit of life back to the forums. Lot of clubs I remember still here.

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 9 October 2023, 20:44
I get why there is no app. The only advantage would be to advertise the game. Some parts of this game don't work great on a small mobile screen which kind of restricts the game. 10" tablet yes. Better on the PC though. I can play the game on my mobile but its not good. I've got and 8" and 10" tablet I have been using to play. The 8" has cracked screen though. They are my 4yrs old sons really so I have to fight to get my hands on the 10". He watches netflix on it a lot.

I left this game because I had to get a job got very busy for last 8yrs. 6 days a week. Became supervisor. Found my partner and had a kid ended up with two mortgages. I am at a loose end at the moment. Got made redundant in July. Was supposed to start a new job in September. New factory being built in Rochdale. Bacon and gammon curing plant 32 loading bays for Danish Crown. Ive worked for them before. Fairly appropriate considering this game is Danish.My boss was Danish. Mr (Dennis) Sorensen. I can run a loading bay very well. I know how to do post Brexit exports. Last I heard it not even got a roof on it yet. Looking at January now. Probably going to get something keep me going until Christmas. Apparently Dennis was offered a job. He might still be my boss. The planners and other departments are ready and waiting .I've got a good team ready and waiting to go. Wont be the same but i will be working with a lot of same people.

FC Crystal Palace (Jurgen Meltz) 9 October 2023, 21:00
Fc blyski. Penny. She got permanent ban.
Polski (Tom
Paul
Sheepy
Moody
Johns Army

Some of the guys I remember.

Shame the game seems to have declined rather than developed.

I have gone for oldies since I returned and hoping to gain some ticket revenue since upgrading the stadium.

Then invest a little younger and work my way down the chain.

Flipping for me is impossible unless I Transfer list players. I make some good profit on transfer listing.

Auctions I've always lost so far.

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 9 October 2023, 21:09
Initially I did okay in the auctions it was hard work though. Small profits then you hit the buffers. Did okay with oldies. Got two retiring. But price I paid no problem I max out their contracts every day or so. I will buy anything below retirement age now. I don't renew contracts when I buy them. Want a fast sale.

I remember some of those names.

Understated Excellence is still here. I think he kickded off about same time as I did.

Penny getting a permanent ban doesn't surprise me. Shame really she put a bit of life into these forums.