Forums

Miscellaneous

Everything you need to know about players

Posted in Locked Threads

Deleted club 26 June 2010, 05:36
At 17 and 18 a player is elligable for both the Talent Mark AND the Wonderkid mark. I assume he can not get both, so if he is good enough for both, which one would he get.

Also, any tips for spotting them both easily, given that a Talent is training based and Wonderkid is stat based.

My personal advice (taking into account Im no expert in talent and wonders) is that training on Lawn, STG and TG will probably never get you Wonderkid, and a player who trains on EFT, PTF and WCTF would probably not need to be a talent.

Would an understanding of the dice system help you tell?

Deleted club 26 June 2010, 14:11
I think Ive finished building my Potential Calculator, just want a willing person to have a play with it.

I dont really want to write a big instruction manual as its designed to be simple. If you need a manual then it isnt simple enough, but Ill obviouslt put down the ness.

This is designed to calculate the potential of a player GIVEN THE DATA AVAILABLE

Basically you put in the available training data under the relevant training ground (i.e. If the player trained on lawn then you put the trainng data in the green column).

There is only pace for 12 trains, as I wanted to put everything on one screen without the need for scroll bars.

I think Ive locked all the cells that I dont want people entering data into, but if anyone can find any I forgot then please tell me

So, that basics.

• Its written in Excel 97 - If you dont have anything that can correct run .xls you cant use it
  • If it isnt White, DONT enter data
  • If its written in red its telling you whats required
  • When it comes to shading Green is good, Red is Bad. Yellow means "Hmmm, not sure".
  • You MUST enter your training ground size in cell AO3 otherwise the program can not compare the player stats to your training ground
  • Entering Age and Skill (AM4 and AO4) is optional but if you do then it will roughlt project the players estimated skill between the ages of 20-30 in line 32

If you download the spreadsheet you do so on the condition that there is no manual, it is in Beta mode and that you agree to provide constructive feedback

Clicking the link is acceptance of the above conditions

(I run virus checkers, and its hosted on my own personal webspace, but I can not guarantee its virus free)

{Link removed - mail me}

Deleted club 6 July 2010, 19:23
Sky Blue Pink Chicks wrote:
I think Ive finished building my Potential Calculator, just want a willing person to have a play with it.
I guess thats something else ive made that the game doesnt need. Not to worry.

BTW - Please dont think Ive forgotten about this, its just that Ive had some personal problems and need to work extra for a couple of weeks.

Deleted club 29 July 2010, 20:58
Hey can't believe nobody has replied. Think it's a great tool, so thanks and keep up the great work. Two quick questions

- is there any way of a aggregating training data across different training grounds? I.E: players trains a couple of times on lawn, moves to small training ground, moves back to lawn?

- what does 'Est Skill @ Age' mean?

Deleted club 30 July 2010, 02:40
apologies, wrote the reply twice

Deleted club 30 July 2010, 04:03
Hearts of Noke wrote:
Hey can't believe nobody has replied. Think it's a great tool, so thanks and keep up the great work. Two quick questions

- is there any way of a aggregating training data across different training grounds? I.E: players trains a couple of times on lawn, moves to small training ground, moves back to lawn?

- what does 'Est Skill @ Age' mean?
For this example Im going to use Anselmo Banda since he hasnt got too much data but he has trained on 4 dfferent training grounds.

His data is as follows

Lawn
3 Sessions
Ave 1.71 - 19 Potential Points
High 2.2 Low 1.05

Expanded Training Facility
2 sessions
Ave 2.37 - 13 Potential Points
High 2.96 Low 1.78

Advanced Training Ground
1 Session
2.87 - 20 Potential Points

Small Training Ground
4 Sessions
Ave 1.5 - 15 Potential Points
High - 1.75 Low - 1.33

Now, I have an Expanded Training Ground (Brown) so if I was looking at that data I would enter "5" in cell AO3 and to confirm this is correct cell AP3 tells me that its an EPT

So, 10 training sessions (Cell AO10) gives me an acceptable amount of data (Cell AP11)

So, according to AM10 and AM11 the spreadsheet has calculated that had this player only ever trained on an ETG (Brown) then his average would have been 2.15 giving him 16 Potential Points. It also gives an consistency rating of 42.83%. What the consistency rating means is that the lowest training score is 42.83% of the highest score. So obviously the higher the better.

You need to look at the various bits of data also though. He scored quite low on STG and quite high on Lawn, Perhaps the club that had the STG didnt have a trainer? Perhaps the club that had the lawn did have a trainer?

Further analysis tells me he has trained best on ATG and worst on ETF. However, both of these are where he has trained the least.

Always remember that nothing this spreadsheet offers can be 100% accurate, but it provides you with a best guess. It simply designed to tell you how a player is likely to perform on a different training ground.

So, onto the Est skill @ Age.

This is an optional section but tells you how good the player is likely to be at a certain age. Again using the same player we enter 15 (His Age) into Cell AM4 and 61 (His overall skill) into Cell AO4.

Now, look along the 31 line. You will see a list of numbers starting with 20 and ending with 30.
The number below that is the estimated skill that he will achieve when he reaches that age.
So, if I was to purchase that player from you now and train him then when he reaches age 21 I would expect him to have an overall skill of around 422. Now, because this is only approx and doesnt take into account the numbers of days till next birthday you really need to look at the overall skill for 1 year lower and higher.

So, if I bought this player I would expect his overall skill at age 21 to be between 362 and 483. This is based on me training him at an average rate of 2.15 on brown.

I am currently working on an updated version that will be even more accurate as you will be able to input the intensity. Since I now know how the intensity works I can figure out the approx potential of the player just a little more accurately. Ive just got to write the calculations for it though. However, Ive decided that I no longer with to offer any support for any of my programmes. Its just not worth it right now, sorry.

Deleted club 1 August 2010, 09:21
hey penny i like what you done i think your chart needs lil work plus hurts my eyes read it
but ni use some it but edit it a lil for my forum as i use best info on game

Rhythm FC (MMM) 15 August 2010, 20:03
There is no chart anymore , I think pennys removed, or has she ... smiley

Deleted club 19 August 2010, 19:17
I have a 15 year old that trained at 1.9 on Monday and has gradually worked his way up to 3.1 today (Thursday) on a small training ground, how much do you think he will be worth?

FC Scol (Charlie) 26 August 2010, 22:34
Edited.