Forums

Miscellaneous

How Do YOU Train your players

Posted in General

Forest Fire (Marv) 16 October 2014, 18:16
FC Blyski Atsiskaitymu wrote:
Mighty Forest Fire wrote:
thats not what im saying.

Im saying better to train on something like aerobic atm, as if you train on defending and some of the others you are wasting and losing a load of any skills gained.
So, would you train on Aerobic every day then and only target a few stats, or would the actual routine you use vary from player to player?
Everybody needs to be fit, i dont do it everyday , however it is a large portion of my training atm until the training is sorted or it goes on too long i have to change.
others i do are set pieces, technique and pig in the middle

The Quakers (Goodbye vm) 16 October 2014, 18:18
I go to the training page , change the instructions so they aren't the same as the previous day, click train, cross my fingers and hope for the best smiley

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 16 October 2014, 18:20
I think you will find it hard to give a definitive guide to training. Better off doing a cup of tea with style interview with three top managers and posting their answers and advice. Everybody has their own thoughts on what is best, posting the views of top managers may guide some in developing their own thought process.

Deleted club 16 October 2014, 18:25
Understated Excellence wrote:
I think you will find it hard to give a definitive guide to training. Better off doing a cup of tea with style interview with three top managers and posting their answers and advice.
Already done that a long time ago, it went down well.
I suppose its fair to say that when I do an article I do it bloody well. But then again it tends to be well researched
Understated Excellence wrote:
Everybody has their own thoughts on what is best, posting the views of top managers may guide some in developing their own thought process.
BINGO! They finally get it

Forest Fire (Marv) 16 October 2014, 18:25
The Quakers wrote:
I go to the training page , change the instructions so they aren't the same as the previous day, click train, cross my fingers and hope for the best smiley
Ive tested that theory , that not training things the same two days running etc as players get bored after reading posts on here. However i cant see it makes the slightest difference

The Quakers (Goodbye vm) 16 October 2014, 18:29
The Quakers wrote:
Ive tested that theory , that not training things the same two days running etc as players get bored after reading posts on here. However i cant see it makes the slightest difference
I agree, it needs to be long term training the same routine to have a noticable effect, just after all these years of doing it i ain't changing now smiley
Of course i do concentrate on key stats, but i don't have any set routine and certainly don't keep track of what i've trained in, other than seeing what the last train was. smiley

Deleted club 16 October 2014, 18:31
I click train now hehe.

Deleted club 16 October 2014, 18:37
You know what. By coincidence Ive just mailed someone along the lines of this kind of thing. What I was saying was that a piece of mis-information gets posted on a forum and then suddenly everyone believes it. Then someone attempts to correct it and gets bitten off the forums. Hence why I dont post as much as I used to.

Players getting bored is the biggest load of nonsense Ive ever heard. PLayers training will go down if you costantly train then in the same routine, but its got nothing to do with boredom.

I trained a player in defending a while back, day after day after day and his trainign average was acceptable. Then, on the advice of someone else I switched to Technique and you know what? His long term average has dropped off.
Im not talking about comparing 1 or 2 trains. Im talking about comparing 12 trains on defending with 12 trains on technique.

Anyway, thats not what I wanted to debate/discuss/thrash out

Forest Fire (Marv) 16 October 2014, 18:50
FC Blyski Atsiskaitymu wrote:
You know what. By coincidence Ive just mailed someone along the lines of this kind of thing. What I was saying was that a piece of mis-information gets posted on a forum and then suddenly everyone believes it. Then someone attempts to correct it and gets bitten off the forums. Hence why I dont post as much as I used to.

Players getting bored is the biggest load of nonsense Ive ever heard. PLayers training will go down if you costantly train then in the same routine, but its got nothing to do with boredom.

I trained a player in defending a while back, day after day after day and his trainign average was acceptable. Then, on the advice of someone else I switched to Technique and you know what? His long term average has dropped off.
Im not talking about comparing 1 or 2 trains. Im talking about comparing 12 trains on defending with 12 trains on technique.

Anyway, thats not what I wanted to debate/discuss/thrash out
Agree and i tested it over a week or so.

As for training now i think looking to the future is the best advice , especially regards new talents as training on things that are not going to be here is a waste of time.

Deleted club 16 October 2014, 18:55
Agree and i tested it over a week or so.

As for training now i think looking to the future is the best advice , especially regards new talents as training on things that are not going to be here is a waste of time.
Im enjoying speaking on the forums with you. Everytime you say something it just raises even more questions that may or may not be useful.

You say "things that are not going to be here"

So, in your opinion, whats not going to be here and why do you think that? Are you suggesting that they are going to remove certain abilities or training routines?