Forums

Miscellaneous

International Hall Of Fame

Posted in General

Islanders (AD) 18 December 2016, 20:29
The Quakers wrote:
Dunfermline Ath FC wrote:
Looks like Keith will complete the set, well done mate smiley
Cheers Dave mate smiley......Still a couple of cups I need to pick up to have a true full set but that's all the leagues done now smiley
Well done Keith. Just looks like the Dutch and American cups that are missing, right?

Islanders (AD) 18 December 2016, 23:17
2016-50:

Almost a repeat of last season for Liverpool FC as they won the league in Brazil at a canter, but then missed out on retaining the Super Cup by losing in the final. Nice to get to double figures for league titles though! smiley

A retention of a cup in a way by Dunfermline Ath FC as they won the Greek Cup to follow up last week's success in the USA. Hopefully go one better in the league next week too Dave.

The international dominance in Scotland continued this week as Arsenäl FC won a very fine league and cup double.

We finish in the USA. SuDoku AFC won the cup for a third time, whilst undoubtedly the finest achievement of the week was not necessarily The Quakers winning the league, as we all know they win league titles for fun, but the significance of this league win. As most people who read this thread probably already know this means that they have now won the league title in every country on the game. Great job Keith. I really like the timing of it too, being in the week of the VM Awards in which you ridiculously didn't get a look in. Farcical, in my opinion.

FC Dulakubai (Sheikh) 22 December 2016, 21:42
LiverpooI FC wrote:
The Quakers winning the league, as we all know they win league titles for fun, but the significance of this league win. As most people who read this thread probably already know this means that they have now won the league title in every country on the game. Great job Keith. I really like the timing of it too, being in the week of the VM Awards in which you ridiculously didn't get a look in. Farcical, in my opinion.
I was sure keith or innova would win. I'm very surprised Mopa and you came in from the side. IMO Keith deserved better. Truly a great performance for the year.

That being said, I look forward to plenty of battles within the new year smiley
http://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/39681861/summary

Islanders (AD) 26 December 2016, 18:33
2016-51:

The English Premier League has now been won 111 times by international teams, but this week was the first time that Liverpool FC have won it. To complete a very fine week, they also won the VMWC for the second time. Aiki FC won the FA Cup for the fourth time.

FC Nieuwegein finally ended FC Dulakubai's recent dominance in Germany by winning their first league title for 12 weeks. Well done Marc.

Enfield Spurs won their first major trophy this week, by getting their mitts on the Greek Cup. Well done. Hopefully more trophies to follow soon.

The second first time major trophy winner of the week was in The Netherlands, where Ipswich Town Allstars won the cup. Welcome to the HoF!

When you only lose one game in all competitions in a season you are going to have had a very good season. That's exactly what happened to Arsenäl FC. Unbeaten in the Scottish Premier League, and winners of the Scottish Cup and Super Cup. The elusive quadruple was looking very achievable until a semi final defeat in the VMWC semi final. Great season though Finto, well done.

Last but not least, The Quakers retained the league title in the USA.

Pretty good week everyone, good job. smiley

Deleted club 26 December 2016, 23:23
Congrats all. Great job Ipswich Town Allstars!

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 1 January 2017, 16:54

for keeping this thread going Tony, smiley - & may your team feature often again this year smiley

Islanders (AD) 1 January 2017, 21:45
You're welcome Charles. smiley

2016-52:

We begin in England. Liverpool FC almost exactly mirrored last season as they won the Premier League with 66 points again, retained the VMWC, and crashed out of the FA Cup and Super Cup in the same rounds as last season. Spooky! The VMWC win now means they have won either the VMWC or Super Cup in four of the last six seasons. The FA Cup this week gives us an opportunity to welcome a new name into the Hall of Fame. Congratulations to Dan and his Pallas Athena team on winning their first major trophy.

Arsenäl FC were again in the hunt for the quadruple as we moved into the last part of the season, and once again they messed it up! This time they managed to lose in the quarter final, semi final and final of the three cups, but they did just about manage to hang on and win the Scottish Premier League by 25 points!! smiley

We end this very quiet week in the USA, where SuDoku AFC did manage to get their hands on their tenth league title before the year ended, and The Quakers won the cup which means they now only have one trophy left to win in the game.

Happy New Year everyone. smiley

The Quakers (Goodbye vm) 2 January 2017, 04:14
Great update as always Tony smiley
I'm gonna leave that Dutch cup there as a target to aim for, I'm having a break for a while.

Keep up the good work guys smiley

Islanders (AD) 8 January 2017, 17:33
2017-01:

Once again we start in England. Great start to the new year for Aiki FC, with a hard fought, and completely deserved, league title success, seeing off a great challenge from fellow international team Tottenham Hotspur. liverpools year also started the year in great fashion by winning the FA Cup.

Delighted to welcome a new name to the list of league champions this week. Sachin United won the league in the Netherlands. Great job mate. I think they will be a team to watch this year.

Arsenäl FC had another fantastic season, this time winning the treble of Scottish Premier League, Scottish Cup and VMWC. Beaten by superior opposition in the Super Cup though ( smiley ), so still waiting to become the first international team to win the quad twice.

And speaking of the Super Cup, the superior opposition that once again foiled Arsenäl FC's bid for the quad was of course me, Liverpool FC, and I went on to win that most prestigious of VM pots! smiley

Islanders (AD) 8 January 2017, 18:17
END OF 2016 REPORT

So, who was the most successful international team in 2016? Any guesses? Pretty easy to work it out actually, but the teams after The Quakers make for interesting reading. As I did for 2015, rather than simply adding up the amount of trophies everyone won I have allotted points for league wins, national cup wins, Super Cup, and VMWC based on the prestige and apparent difficulty of the competition (although not differentiating between countries, that would be far to difficult for my tiny brain!). Bonus points are also awarded for doubles, trebles and, if we had had one, that elusive beast, the quadruple.

The points system is the same as in 2015, so comparisons to that year can be made. Basic points awarded are as follows:

5 = League win
3 = National cup win
7 = Super Cup or VMWC

Bonus points are awarded thus:

2 = League and National cup double
5 = League and Super Cup or VMWC double
15 = Any treble
50 = The Quadruple

See below to find out who was the most successful team of 2016. NB. I have only listed teams scoring 30 points or more, otherwise it would have taken my whole day at the beach, and not just most of it! smiley

LEAGUE WINS
31 - The Quakers (155 points)
13 - liverpools year (65 points)
12 - Afghanistan (60 points)
12 - Liverpool FC (60 points)
11 - FC Stoke (55 points)
11 - Hail to the Redskins (55 points)
10 - park lions (50 points)
10 - Tottenham Hotspur (50 points)
9 - SuDoku AFC (45 points)
8 - Arsenäl FC (40 points)
8 - Bolton Wanderers (40 points)
8 - FC Skyline Yokohama (40 points)
4 - Aiki FC (20 points)
4 - KKS LechPoznan (20 points)
3 - Bath Rovers (15 points)
3 - FC Nieuwegein (15 points)
3 - Gideaspor (15 points)
2 - WACCOE (10 points)

NATIONAL CUP WINS
22 - The Quakers (66 points)
12 - SuDoku AFC (36 points)
10 - liverpools year (30 points)
9 - Tottenham Hotspur (27 points)
8 - FC Nieuwegein (24 points)
8 - FC Stoke (24 points)
8 - Hail to the Redskins (24 points)
7 - Afghanistan (21 points)
7 - FC Skyline Yokohama (21 points)
7 - Liverpool FC (21 points)
5 - Arsenäl FC (15 points)
5 - Bath Rovers (15 points)
5 - Gideaspor (15 points)
5 - KKS LechPoznan (15 points)
5 - WACCOE (15 points)
4 - Aiki FC (12 points)
4 - park lions (12 points)
1 - Bolton Wanderers (3 points)

SUPER CUP/VMWC
13 - The Quakers (91 points)
4 - Liverpool FC (28 points)
4 - liverpools year (28 points)
2 - SuDoku AFC (14 points)
1 - Arsenäl FC (7 points)
1 - FC Skyline Yokohama
1 - FC Stoke (7 points)
1 - Tottenham Hotspur (7 points)
1 - WACCOE (7 points)

LEAGUE AND NATIONAL CUP DOUBLE
9 - The Quakers (18 points)
7 - FC Stoke (14 points)
5 - Hail to the Redskins (10 points)
4 - Tottenham Hotspur (8 points)
2 - Arsenäl FC (4 points)
2 - Liverpool FC (4 points)
2 - liverpools year (4 points)
2 - SuDoku AFC (4 points)
2 - WACCOE (4 points)
1 - Afghanistan (2 points)
1 - Aiki FC (2 points)
1 - Bolton Wanderers (2 points)
1 - FC Nieuwegein (2 points)
1 - FC Skyline Yokohama (2 points)
1 - Gideaspor (2 points)

LEAGUE AND SUPER CUP/VMWC DOUBLE
4 - The Quakers (20 points)
3 - Liverpool FC (15 points)
1 - FC Skyline Yokohama (5 points)
1 - FC Stoke (5 points)

TREBLE
7 - The Quakers (105 points)
4 - liverpools year (60 points)
1 - Arsenäl FC (15 points)
1 - Liverpool FC (15 points)

QUADRUPLE
None

RANKING
1 - The Quakers (455 points)
2 - liverpools year (187 points)
3 - Liverpool FC (143 points)
4 - FC Stoke (105 points)
5 - SuDoku AFC (99 points)
6 - Tottenham Hotspur (92 points)
7 - Hail to the Redskins (89 points)
8 - Afghanistan (83 points)
9 - Arsenäl FC (81 points)
10 - FC Skyline Yokohama (75 points)
11 - park lions (62 points)
12 - Bolton Wanderers (45 points)
13 - FC Nieuwegein (41 points)
14 - WACCOE (36 points)
15 - KKS LechPoznan (35 points)
16 - Aiki FC (34 points)
17 - Gideaspor (32 points)
18 - Bath Rovers (30 points)

No other team got more than 30 points.

So, 18 teams on the list for 2016, compared to 11 teams on the list in 2015 (you can see the 2015 list here). And, whilst there was no quadruple for an international team in 2016 (there had been one in each of the previous four years), 2016 was definitely the most successful year to date for international teams. The teams on this list amassed a total of 1724 points, compared with 1410 points in 2015.

Probably the best indicator of how the international teams are improving is in the comparison of Super Cup and VMWC wins per year. 2016 gave us 28 victories in the two most prestigious trophies in the game, compared with 19 in 2015.

Interested to hear anybody else's thoughts on the achievements of international teams last year.

Anyway, well done to all on this list but also to anyone who won a trophy in 2016. The numbers show that international teams are getting stronger all the time. Keep up the good work and best of luck for a very prosperous, healthy and successful 2017 to all. smiley