Forums

Miscellaneous

Console Discussion

Posted in Off Topic

Deleted club 4 November 2009, 19:36
Ballyholland Celtic wrote:
Kingswells Juniors FC wrote:
But who wants to spend £40 a year on Xbox Live and another £60 to get your internet connection wireless smiley
Who wants to spend money on a console that hardly anyone as. At the minute the Xbox is the most played games console ON THE PLANET so for £40 a year your getting to play online with more people than the PS3 AND you don't need a wireless connection (which by the way costs £50 not £60) you can play on a wired connection with the ethernet cable provided with the elite.
So what happens if (like me) your internet connection plug thing (the one you put your phone lines or ethernet cable into smiley) is nowhere near where you whould like to put your Xbox and is too far away for the ethernet cable provided smiley

True, you can buy longer ones (30 - 50ft) but there is the threat of pets or other family members or friends tripping over it, so it's not really practical... You can also argue you get a better connection when its wired, but for the reasons i have stated above it just isn't practical smiley And on the website it looked it was £60, other websites may be different smiley

And the Xbox is the most played HOME console on the planet because it's also the cheapest smiley

The PS3 is the cheapest Blu-ray player on the market, which doesn't sound anything special now, but in the next couple of years will turn out to be an excellent addition smiley

And now... has anyone got Oblivion for any console smiley
Cause that game is awesome smiley

Deleted club 4 November 2009, 19:38
Oblivion on PS3, bangin smiley

Deleted club 4 November 2009, 21:03
Dinamo Rosyth wrote:
An Amiga 500
What a system, Cannon Fodder, Settlers Sensible World of Soccer....ledgedry, ive still got mine in the loft i think!!!!

Deleted club 5 November 2009, 15:57
Urban Achievers wrote:
Dinamo Rosyth wrote:
An Amiga 500
What a system, Cannon Fodder, Settlers Sensible World of Soccer....ledgedry, ive still got mine in the loft i think!!!!
You know the score. Amiga 500 set the bench mark!!! Premier manager smiley

SWOS smiley damn this takes me back!

what about the commador 64 eh? All that funky noise and visual whilst the cassette took 2 hours to load an error message! If that still happened I bet people would be sueing for epilepsy!!

back on topic I have a PS3 and apart from the YLOD i have been very happy with it. Sure when it was released the game programmers and developers couldnt handle it, and thus the games were scripted as if on Xbox. But that has changed now. Drakes 2 - does the job on graphics texture and detail. Plus If you were in any doubt....

GRAND TURISMO 5

smiley

Deleted club 5 November 2009, 17:44
ps3 its just so good

Deleted club 16 November 2009, 16:45
xbox 360 games are better live is better is all better than ps3

Deleted club 16 November 2009, 17:03
DerbyRamsFC wrote:
Controllers are battery powered on Xbox 360... so you'd be saving yourself money on batteries by buying the PS3, which you only need to plug into the console when t's low on battery smiley

Deleted club 16 November 2009, 17:08
AFC wearestoned wrote:
Urban Achievers wrote:
Dinamo Rosyth wrote:
An Amiga 500
You know the score. Amiga 500 set the bench mark!!! Premier manager smiley

SWOS smiley damn this takes me back!

what about the commador 64 eh? All that funky noise and visual whilst the cassette took 2 hours to load an error message! If that still happened I bet people would be sueing for epilepsy!!

back on topic I have a PS3 and apart from the YLOD i have been very happy with it. Sure when it was released the game programmers and developers couldnt handle it, and thus the games were scripted as if on Xbox. But that has changed now. Drakes 2 - does the job on graphics texture and detail. Plus If you were in any doubt....

GRAND TURISMO 5

smiley
There have been WAY more problems with the RROD (Red Ring of Death) on the Xbox 360, with 5% of all Xbox 360's getting the RROD at least once, which may not sound like a lot, but it is compared to the PS3's 0.05% YLOD failure smiley

Deleted club 16 November 2009, 17:11
Kingswells Juniors FC wrote:
DerbyRamsFC wrote:
Controllers are battery powered on Xbox 360... so you'd be saving yourself money on batteries by buying the PS3, which you only need to plug into the console when t's low on battery smiley
The rechargable battery pack is relatively cheap for the 360 controller. Online experience is miles better on the 360, haven't played many games on the PS3 but the only games that matter are the CALL OF DUTY series and they're on both.

Deleted club 19 May 2010, 15:49
Could we turn this into a console/games debate? smiley

- Completed Splinter Cell: Conviction on the X360 last night. "Realistic" difficulty. Great game, with superb sound and voiceacting (Michael Ironside!!), great graphics and nice use of black/white. The gameplay was easy to get adjusted to.
The interrogation scens were simply fantastic - brutal and without compromise. Sam Fisher is the man!!

8,5/10 smiley Buy it!