Forums

Miscellaneous

The Sunday Update

Posted in General

Teufel hunden (Another Vacation) 6 March 2017, 12:45
Marazion Blues wrote:
You sound like a sanctimonious condescending prick! - Why is it that all these so-called features are nowhere to be found until someone has a rant - most games have a far more comprehensive gameplay section than is evenly remotely available here !. Quote me the passages from the players forums that state this. The Danish League is harder - really! - where does it state this? - this is not a rant about being Danish - it is about no real help or gameplay hints and practices - and you always have to rely on someone explaining any unknown factors!. So instead of making assumptions about me - go get something meaning ful done to help Newbie's - and because I rant about my teams overall values constantly being dropped week after week - it does not make me ignorant - it makes me mad! . So have a look in before you come out with stupid statements about people you know ****-all about!.
https://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/990468-the-noob-bible-returns

This has some good information, it's stickied at the top of the general forum area. Also, there is no reason to look up words to use as an insult to sound smart or as if you have some large vocabulary. That type of response is only going to make the people who are here to help want to ignore you because you are going to get butt hurt and crawl back to your safe space whenever they try to provide help to you.

If you actually search through the blogs (https://www.virtualmanager.com/blog) you will actually find a ton out about the game because the general gameplay has undergone recent renovations and some of the information you might find in the newb bible may be outdated.

Hopefully this information has helped you and not triggered you somehow into thinking that everyone is talking down to you. Most managers that actually know a thing or two are truly here to help you to understand. Just be a grateful participant on this game and accept the advice you are given if you are in fact ever given any.

Whittall United (Grant) 6 March 2017, 13:09
There is a reason for everything regarding this game.

If you could maybe list your issues in a reasonable way with links if possible, i'd be happy to tell you why such a thing has/is happening.

You not being danish has absolutely nothing to do with anything i will add.

Edit: Just realised you're training players on STF, that will not help with values, training players long term should not really be done on anything else other than WCTF, PTF at a push.

Mertons Comedy Players (Training Recovery) 6 March 2017, 13:19

Mounts Bay Pirates (Graham Bailey) 6 March 2017, 14:16
FC Grant United wrote:
There is a reason for everything regarding this game.

If you could maybe list your issues in a reasonable way with links if possible, i'd be happy to tell you why such a thing has/is happening.

You not being danish has absolutely nothing to do with anything i will add.

Edit: Just realised you're training players on STF, that will not help with values, training players long term should not really be done on anything else other than WCTF, PTF at a push.

Mounts Bay Pirates (Graham Bailey) 6 March 2017, 14:26
Thanks for that Grant's - but I've been told previously that my present training facilities were the minimum required to stop my players getting devalued! - so I've wasted the last 6 or 7 weeks paying for trainers that are not giving me true value for money and I've not been working to upgrade the training facilities!!!. That advice was given - so now at least I know now that a priority is a T.P. a.s.a.p.!!.As for the previous post about being grateful to play the game - I pay to play this game mister! - so save the condescending attitude for someone who'll wear it - because I sure as hell won't - if you spent more time tightening up the game and playing rules. and less time preening - there'd be far less hassle!

Deleted club 6 March 2017, 14:37
(Deleted)

Whittall United (Grant) 6 March 2017, 14:52
Marazion Blues wrote:
Thanks for that Grant's - but I've been told previously that my present training facilities were the minimum required to stop my players getting devalued! - so I've wasted the last 6 or 7 weeks paying for trainers that are not giving me true value for money and I've not been working to upgrade the training facilities!!!. That advice was given - so now at least I know now that a priority is a T.P. a.s.a.p.!!.
Thats not strictly true regarding value, prices are based on previous sales of similar players, which means the prices for those types of players has gone down, hence your values going down.
To maximize the value of a player, he has to be being trained on the highest of TF, anything lower and you're losing value no matter what.
Prices will always fluctuate, alot of it depends on supply and demand, the prices for central mids tend to be always higher because theres less good ones for example.

Mounts Bay Pirates (Graham Bailey) 6 March 2017, 15:33
ok - thanks - will have a rethink on my strategy - so will have to let trainer contracts run out and get to next level at least before re-hiring.

Deleted club 6 March 2017, 21:03
Marazion Blues wrote:
ok - thanks - will have a rethink on my strategy - so will have to let trainer contracts run out and get to next level at least before re-hiring.
Disclaimer - I am not Danish and I do not know Hej.

IMO your rant at Hej was totally uncalled for. Why would a stranger try to help in the future, if they receive insults back!

There is so much information on these boards, a lot you can search for. So many helpful managers here for the things you don't understand.

You haven't confirmed which player you are talking about. If it is the DC that Hej linked and who went out of his way to try and help you, then I would say that was a bad purchase for an easy 2 reasons.

1. Tackling which accounts for 40% of a defenders value has been pumped, I rarely bid on such players, as I know if I keep boosting tackling his training is going to be bad, and if I try to balance out the other stats I will be losing value on him.

2. Birthday issue. Most players will drop in value after a birthday. It is more pronounced if they missed training, even for a day.

There is no need to let your trainers go. You can still profit on STF. The previous owner made 150% profit, he has a training facility 2 levels up from yours. If he didn't have a trainer he wouldn't make that much profit. Just need to be more careful with the players you buy.

I'm curious as to what your aim is in this GAME? You are clearly not having fun and seem to get frustrated a lot in what is really a meaningless game!!

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 6 March 2017, 22:24
Marazion Blues wrote:
Brexit! Brexit! Brexit!
So... leagues have a difficulty rating. It's visible. Go to https://www.virtualmanager.com/countries/1 then ctrl-f "difficulty". That 100/100 is why the champion in Denmark, which is not restricted to managers from Denmark, gets the most prize money.

And the player value number has nothing to do with the country of the manager who owns it. Also, the player value number is basically meaningless, so stop caring about it.