New training chart (%)

Posted in General

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 22 April 2015, 18:16
Rhythm FC wrote:
Understated Excellence wrote:
Rhythm FC wrote:
Rhythm FC wrote:
It doesnt though unless your comparing two players trained on the same activity for a number of trains
Huh?
I'm still curious about this smiley
I was lead to believe that 90% on set pieces isnt the same as 90% on defending.
The old point system converts perfectly well to a new percentage score. What you are talking about is converting old percentage scores (old=before the update) to old point based scores or vice versa.
+1

Rhythm FC (MMM) 22 April 2015, 18:17
The DTFC wrote:
The Dark Carnival wrote:
Maidens Of Avelorn wrote:
Amsterdam AFC wrote:
I edited out the comparison one if it helps?
I personally would edit out the "Point" column also as apparantly thats something I just dreamed up years ago and is not something official the devs use!
It might not be something Devs use but that's how it works on VMan info so it's not just you who uses it - many of us use the points column.
I'm curious, how can the points column be used?
People use them to value new 15yo youths

Rhythm FC (MMM) 22 April 2015, 18:19
The Dark Carnival wrote:
Bayern Munich wrote:
The DTFC wrote:
The only use I've ever found for it is as a generalized abstraction to talk about a certain quality of player.

You can talk about a 22 point player and know that it means 62% on lawn but also 131% on WCTF.

Personally, I just think and talk about how a player trains on WCTF instead, but that is how you could use it.
Yeah that's pretty much it. It's just a quick equaliser when bidding on auctions for me. I know roughly how much I will pay for each "point" so I set my limits on auctions quickly, without having to deliberate too much when there are only a few minutes to go.
Any chance you're going to be making a potential-point based value chart, like the old one?

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 22 April 2015, 18:20
Rhythm FC wrote:
Rhythm FC wrote:
Rhythm FC wrote:
It doesnt though unless your comparing two players trained on the same activity for a number of trains
Huh?
I'm still curious about this smiley
The old point system converts perfectly well to a new percentage score. What you are talking about is converting old percentage scores (old=before the update) to old point based scores or vice versa.
ah ok. Game isnt as hard as i thought then. Got to ptf and still have no real understanding of it lol

Deleted club 22 April 2015, 18:27
I thought that was what you thougt but was too scared to say anything.
As for pennys interchange, the people who use vm voted her third in forum debater of the year dont forget. If her views are given a platform at one point in the year then you cant kick the platform away at other times. Takes two people to have a row, pull yourself out of the equation. Its just an ego thing. Having the last word.
As for Pennys interchange nothing.
In a past post I was shown up as being wrong. Im not too big to admit that. Today I used that new found information to try and improve on this chart thats been published and ended up getting two warnings for it.

So, in fact having the so called attitude of Im always right and no one can pursuade me otherwise has, technically, got mt in less trouble than being able to understand when I dont have as good a grasp on things as I first though.

Euro Champs FC (Winster) 22 April 2015, 23:20
More pressing question

What`s happened to the auctions and VM economy
in general

Decent value youths going for low end (T) or borderline (T) prices
might keep my players till they retire gotta be brave or have
interest already to auction at moment

Market very weak
do people still buy players or is everyone
developing youths

Deleted club 22 April 2015, 23:28
Euro Champs FC wrote:
More pressing question

in general

Market very weak
developing youths
I for one am trying to go down the developing route smiley

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 22 April 2015, 23:38
Rhythm FC wrote:
The Dark Carnival wrote:
Bayern Munich wrote:
The DTFC wrote:
The only use I've ever found for it is as a generalized abstraction to talk about a certain quality of player.

You can talk about a 22 point player and know that it means 62% on lawn but also 131% on WCTF.

Personally, I just think and talk about how a player trains on WCTF instead, but that is how you could use it.
Yeah that's pretty much it. It's just a quick equaliser when bidding on auctions for me. I know roughly how much I will pay for each "point" so I set my limits on auctions quickly, without having to deliberate too much when there are only a few minutes to go.
Any chance you're going to be making a potential-point based value chart, like the old one?
None whatsoever. Values change on a day to day basis. The values input into the chart are out of date within a week. I don't use them and wouldn't waste my time making one.

In the same way, the amount I would pay for each potential point level changes frequently and it's only my opinion anyway.

Deleted club 22 April 2015, 23:41
The Dark Carnival wrote:
In the same way, the amount I would pay for each potential point level changes frequently and it's only my opinion anyway.
I used to do one a while back, updated it weekly too, but no one could agree on the age to base the values at so I kept it to myself. If anyone wishes for me to teach tem how to create one, just mail me and Ill help. But be quick though

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 22 April 2015, 23:43
Euro Champs FC wrote:
More pressing question

in general

Market very weak
developing youths
The values for 15 year olds is ridiculous. The value system has totally cocked up and given out hundreds of ridiculous valuations, removing the barrier of fee for auction starts, so people are flooding the market with high value poor training Ts. As a result, no-one is buying them so they go for the prices their training is worth, as it's pretty much impossible to shift a rubbish youth for XX million, no matter what VMs value system says.