Forums

Miscellaneous

What's your biggest in-game weakness?

Posted in General

Enfield Spurs (Rob) 25 April 2019, 10:26
A Tribe Called Quest wrote:
What would people say is their biggest in-game weakness? I would say for me it's my inability to let myself be outbid; I like to think I'm fairly good at judging a players value so will normally place a max bid of around that plus a little amount if I really like the player. The problem is, if I see that I've been outbid, I always just think screw it, and end up raising my amount by as much as 5 mil.

It's definitely slowing my progress due to the lower profits and even losses that I'm making on some of my players which is annoying. I know I need to start being more stingy but I still always get carried away anyway...
I am the same - here is an example of a player I ended up spending 10M more than I should have done. I was determined not to be outbid so just kept going
https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13307352-albert-desutter/history

Newcastle United FC (James) 25 April 2019, 11:04
Before getting WCTF I would say my biggest problem was as soon as I had enough money I’d upgrade training ground, most of the time leaving myself with pennies in the bank.
Now I’ve got WCTF I’d say my biggest problem is getting outbid, seem to have adopted a mindset that if I bid on a player I must get him

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 25 April 2019, 12:24
Enfield Spurs wrote:

I am the same - here is an example of a player I ended up spending 10M more than I should have done. I was determined not to be outbid so just kept going
https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13307352-albert-desutter/history
Ouch, that beats my guy!

The Goon Squad (Very) 25 April 2019, 14:37
My most recent example, I had a bid of around 15 mil but saw I was being beaten so just decided to whack on another 5 mil. Who knows though, he may be worth it.

https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13346537-luvsannyam-dolgorjav

-Stupid asking price so that people don't think this is advertising as he's not for sale.
I can smell, cow poo. You wouldn't have any price on him if that's the case

But on topic the inability to keep youth players who have a training score below 150xp evens if it means taking a million credits loss.

If I kept the youth as long as intended I'd make money

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 25 April 2019, 14:51
The Goon Squad wrote:

-Stupid asking price so that people don't think this is advertising as he's not for sale.
It's a minimum value of 66 million *face palm*, that's more of a deterrence than not having one as now people literally can't bid on him

The Goon Squad (Very) 25 April 2019, 14:55
The Goon Squad wrote:

It's a minimum value of 66 million *face palm*, that's more of a deterrence than not having one as now people literally can't bid on him
Advertisement hoping for a pm and make a deal imo

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 25 April 2019, 15:01
The Goon Squad wrote:
Yep that's it! You got me

The Goon Squad (Very) 25 April 2019, 15:02
The Goon Squad wrote:
Yep that's it! You got me
I knew it smiley

The Goon Squad (Very) 25 April 2019, 15:05
All I'm saying is your not being very subtle smiley

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 25 April 2019, 15:07
The Goon Squad wrote:
All I'm saying is your not being very subtle smiley
I was being sarcastic haha. I've removed the player if that makes you feel better.