Forums

Miscellaneous

Is this a joke? How is this possible??!

Posted in General

US Badolato (USB) 9 February 2020, 19:48
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
US Badolato wrote:
Hi.

Im not quite sure how to respond to this. And I don't know if you know all this information. But I want to give you the hope that you can also get positive responses from managers smiley.

If you use the tool and look at the chance to win, there is something I would like to add.

The chance to win is calculated on the basis of the overall rating not the stats in the game.
The overall rating is a friendly guidance to how good the player is, not exactly how good they are in the game.

How the player performs in the game depends on their overall stats. e.g. shooting, tackling, endurance etc.

An example is: If you have a striker with 100 shooting that may be awesome, but if he has 30 endurance, then he is not that good in the 2nd half. However, shooting gives him a really high rating.

For striker shooting is 34% of the overall rating whereas endurance is only 3%. But of course in the game, if the striker runs out of air, he cant perform his world class shooting.

The endurance level of the players is compared to the endurance of the team they face, so if the other team has 70 endurance and your striker has 30, then you will do really good in the beginning of the match, but will start to lose in the 2nd half.

If you take my team for example. Their overall ratings are really low, but they have much higher total amount of stats than my opponents, and therefore my 70 overall players often outperforms 80 overall players, because they are actually better and the overall rating is just messy and confusing.

Sorry for a really messy explanation, and feel free to ask follow up questions smiley.
I can find you a match where opponent's 30 something rated DC was better in the cup match in the additional minutes with 10 or so energy against my 58 rated forward with 40+ energy.
I know it should work the way you describe but it actually isn't. This is why I actually have gave up on this game.
Having a fast season with once a week champions doesn't make it ok to have this much randomness in the hopes of having one great week a month.
It is fair if you feel that way. For me surprises happen and if I use the total amount of stats and not the ratings I always end close to the forecasted position. This season I was seeded 3rd best on the stats, ended up 2. Last season i was 12th best on stats and ended up 11. Ofc there are surprising seasons, but most often im satisfied with what my team perform compared to what I can expect from their skills smiley

Final Whistle (join) 9 February 2020, 20:05
The seeding is based on vifa rank not on stats afaik...

US Badolato (USB) 9 February 2020, 20:08
I usually use this link, not the VIFA seedings smiley

https://vmanstats.dk/old/leaguestrength/test.php?c=32&d=4&g=5

US Badolato (USB) 9 February 2020, 20:08
US Badolato wrote:
I usually use this link, not the VIFA seedings smiley

https://vmanstats.dk/old/leaguestrength/test.php?c=32&d=4&g=5
Its not the full answer, but gives some insights.
Stats may be placed incorrectly on the players and mess up the answer.

Final Whistle (join) 9 February 2020, 20:33
Thanks, didn't know about that link.

The Goon Squad (Very) 9 February 2020, 20:50
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
You are all looking at this from a statistical. Point of view, just look at the match and see my central defender pass to the oponent for each goal. This is just stupid! Especially. When the tactic is ultra defensive and playing long ball! This is why it's stupid.
Someone get this guy a tissue
Thanks Vinny for pushing me over the "I wanna quit" line. Have a great game!
About time

Rawle United (christopher) 9 February 2020, 21:06
This is turning into a fun read

Whittall United (Grant) 10 February 2020, 13:06
I find it all amusing smiley

Whittall United (Grant) 10 February 2020, 13:48
You are all looking at this from a statistical point of view, just look at the match and see my central defender pass to the opponent for each goal. This is just stupid! Especially when the tactic is ultra defensive and playing long ball! This is why it's stupid.
We are looking at it from the only way you should, its you doing it wrong smiley

And thats where you're going wrong, stop watching the sim, it doesnt fully represent the match, the match has already been played before it gets to the sim, thats just a visual, and isn't accurate enough to use lol.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 13 February 2020, 00:50
Big girls don't cry