Forums

Miscellaneous

Everlasting deadlock

Posted in General

AEKonstantinoupolis (Jose Koutsinho) 17 March 2021, 14:58
In this current system, this game runs We (members that haven't bought ever the premium pack) are in a constant and everlasting deadlock that we can't escape (at least I don't). Due to the fact that I cannot upgrade my stadium nor my establishments further, I am constantly obligated to follow either one of the following tactics in order to proceed and make my team better:
1. Buy good but old players and keep my squad's ranking around 50 in order to get in a higher league and get better sponsorships and prizes since I currently don't have any other way of earning, hoping that I won't get beat up by the relegated clubs that are unfairly higher and have better squads or
2. Buy young players and try to make them as good as possible with training.
Which in both cases I keep hitting on a deadlock since I don't have enough earning to maintain the old squad and neither can I upgrade my establishments further to make the young players better. If you have any advice on the matter, please help me out because I really enjoy this game but the pay-to-win system is somewhat of a buzzkill (and before you lecture me about "IF yOu lIKe tHiS gAme so MuCh wHy doN'T yOu JuSt bUy tHe PreMiUm PacK?" I already know that it is to help the developers to run this game and I'm thankful that i have the opportunity to play such a well made game for free, but we don't all have the same problems and we ain't all able to pay for such stuff) Just sayin', I know that the developers need the money and all but in my opinion they should help a bit the players that ain't gonna buy their pack aswell (or atleast give some ideas on how to escape such problems) peace&love.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 17 March 2021, 16:33
I think you have answered your own question.
= Without enough people paying to play, > there would be no game.
The idea of the (unlimited!) opportunity to play without paying is - you are right - to allow new managers to get a feel of the game and to decide whether it is then worth paying for a better overall experience.
No-one who either cannot afford to do so, or who would not gain sufficient extra enjoyment from the cost of the subscription, should ever pay it.
It is completely your choice. Quit because you are not happy, / continue on as you are for as long as you like - accepting that it will be more difficult for you to compete with those who do pay, / or of course bite the bullet and subscribe to help the game survive and hopefully get better.

I for one wish you well whichever route you take smiley

AEKonstantinoupolis (Jose Koutsinho) 17 March 2021, 16:49
I think you didn't quite understood what I wrote (or at least the purpose behind it), since I didn't really asked a question, but I simply posted a problem what I'm experiencing, and I highly believe that I'm not the only one. I, obviously, understand the reason behind this system and I'm thankful that, even if it's a kinda pay-to-win game, I can enjoy it even paying anything. My post was more like a "suggestion" to the developers, to not completely abandon the players that are not willing to pay for the premium pack (as, and let's not forget that, Us too contribute into creating a big community for all members to interact with and compete.). The only question I asked throughout my post was about suggestions and ways on how to avoid my current situation, if possible ofcourse. peace&love mate.

Yorkshire Knights FC (Jamie) 17 March 2021, 17:07
I can see your frustration and you are right, without premium you are very limited. But I wouldn't describe VMan as a 'pay-to-win' game - It's better to look at is as a (very cheaply) paid game which has a free trial, a free trial that unlike other games, has an unlimited time that you are fortunately allowed to continue playing on. The majority of other demos and free trials will allow you to play for a certain duration or up to a certain point and then you are completely cut off. In terms of advice for competing without premium, I can't help you sorry

The Goon Squad (Very) 17 March 2021, 19:11
I see your point, but there is one easy solution, pay 94p a week for extra benefits dus helping realise you from deadlock

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 17 March 2021, 20:20
Yorkshire Knights FC wrote:
I can see your frustration and you are right, without premium you are very limited. But I wouldn't describe VMan as a 'pay-to-win' game - It's better to look at is as a (very cheaply) paid game which has a free trial, a free trial that unlike other games, has an unlimited time that you are fortunately allowed to continue playing on. The majority of other demos and free trials will allow you to play for a certain duration or up to a certain point and then you are completely cut off. In terms of advice for competing without premium, I can't help you sorry
I've mentioned before to to people saying it's P2W, when it's not, it's a "freemium" structure. You get the "demo/trial" version of the game

Welling United (Smith) 17 March 2021, 22:03
I think from when I started the game (I was 13 when I joined) premium was too expensive for me. I didn't come from a rich family and had very little pocket money.
But I think now when you consider about £35 for a year, that's about £3 a month. People spend £3 on coffee every day and don't even think about it. For the time spent on the game for this price I think is very good! I was considering spending £35 for a year premium again but thought to my self if I'm that bothered, I'll skip one coffee a month. But yes the game is very difficult for people who don't pay premium, but I'd consider the low price!

Yorkshire Knights FC (Jamie) 17 March 2021, 22:50
Welling United wrote:
I think from when I started the game (I was 13 when I joined) premium was too expensive for me. I didn't come from a rich family and had very little pocket money.
But I think now when you consider about £35 for a year, that's about £3 a month. People spend £3 on coffee every day and don't even think about it. For the time spent on the game for this price I think is very good! I was considering spending £35 for a year premium again but thought to my self if I'm that bothered, I'll skip one coffee a month. But yes the game is very difficult for people who don't pay premium, but I'd consider the low price!
Yeah skip a coffee or turn your heating down for an hour one evening

The Goon Squad (Very) 17 March 2021, 23:10
Yorkshire Knights FC wrote:
Welling United wrote:
Yeah skip a coffee or turn your heating down for an hour one evening
The option that cost the most is 94p a week