Forums

Miscellaneous

Forum Use

Posted in General

Summy rangers FC (Butsy boy) 11 February 2018, 22:05
well saying no English dim wit can t reply 1 who win cup wasnt vs goal 2 England fans thugs proven 3 best league in the world money cos your top teams spot the English man in there team lol joke 4 the first team to win the European cup Celtic the whole team of Scots rangers the most successful team in the whole world proving so English teams try do that jokers

tspurs (W M K) 11 February 2018, 23:00
Rangers, what are you on about? Not being rude but I don't understand what you're saying. Seems a bit 'off topic' regarding why Managers don't use this forum like they used to!

Whittall United (Grant) 11 February 2018, 23:31
Vinovia FC wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
She was given a lengthy forum ban.
For what reason? I can see nothing in her latest forum activity to warrant a 20year+ ban.
I'm not at liberty to reveal that information, if you want to know why, you will have to ask penny.

tspurs (W M K) 11 February 2018, 23:46
Don't you think bans are a bit 'over the top'? Whatever she said shouldn't warrant a 20 year ban! Surely that's ridiculous!? Makes me worried to say anything even slightly controversial. Sticks and stones, she didn't murder anyone did she lol!?

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 11 February 2018, 23:52
tspurs wrote:
Don't you think bans are a bit 'over the top'? Whatever she said shouldn't warrant a 20 year ban! Surely that's ridiculous!? Makes me worried to say anything even slightly controversial. Sticks and stones, she didn't murder anyone did she lol!?
You don't get banned for being slightly controversial smiley you get banned for constantly breaking the rules. Penny was banned permanently by the Game Admin of the day

tspurs (W M K) 12 February 2018, 00:02
Wow, OK, I don't know what she did to warrant a permanent ban, thought she was a good 'un, but rules are rules!

tspurs (W M K) 12 February 2018, 00:09
No names, non specific, what rule/s warrants a life long ban if broken, as opposed to a shorter time related ban or punishment? Warning to other Managers! Actually it doesn't really matter because, back to my original post, no one is reading or commenting on this forum anymore!?

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 12 February 2018, 00:14
tspurs wrote:
No names, non specific, what rule/s warrants a life long ban if broken, as opposed to a shorter time related ban?
I haven't seen anybody banned permanently for one thing. We tend to give people 3 warnings before their first ban and that ban is only normally for 3 days. If people continue to break rules then a 7 day ban ....and so on and so on. This isn't set in stone though. Sometimes teams can be banned without a warning for excessive spam/swearing/racism. We have to remember that the game caters for people of all ages and forum posts, therefore, have to be of an acceptable nature

tspurs (W M K) 12 February 2018, 00:24
Fair enough!

tspurs (W M K) 12 February 2018, 00:42
Just thinking, suggestion. When Sunnyvale do the next Game Development Blog, could he write a section encouraging Managers to get involved in the Forums. We need to emphasize that this is a friendly community of Managers enjoying the game. I expect new Managers are so busy understanding the scope and complexity of the game that they're not even aware of the advice available through this forum. Friendly banter enhances the game and was an attraction when I first started playing! Need to advertise the forum within the game to involve Managers! What do you think??