Forums

Miscellaneous

Forum Use

Posted in General

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 12 February 2018, 02:33
We managers will contribute as we see fit from time to time...
I'd love to see the general forum back to how it used to be, but, as has already been said, as there are fewer people playing the game now, = things will be quieter smiley

I have tried numerous other FM games - and continue to do so - but I still can't find anything that's close to this in terms of what I want to do. - ie be "active" and gain an advantage from being online more than most - allowing me to pick up the "bargain priced players" off the auction list to "flip" for accumulating profits - & of course anyone else can do this too - if they have the dedication.
This kind of strategy just isn't available on the other games I've tried, making it Very hard to actually progress in any meaningful way against those that are already there with experienced clubs.

If I may have the last word on the Penny conversation:
I probably wouldn't still be here without her.
= I won a competition she ran with a "Premium" prize.
(Which I later found out that she could probably have afforded at that time way less than I could smiley )
- That took me from being a successful amateur manager to being able to compete with the big boys.
From that point I was lucky enough to talk to Paul (Bolton Wanderers) which resulted in the then Game Admin recruiting me into the Crew.
None of this would have happened without Penny.
I absolutely understand why she was forum banned - there has to come a point at which continued rule breaking results in the harshest of penalties - however drastic that might seem - but I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now without her = helping as best I can to keep this game running smoothly and fairly.

Without a doubt Penny was good for the vibrancy for the forums, but, without the same doubt she failed to control herself when things got sticky and she did way overstep the mark more often than the game owners could tolerate. That was such a shame, but in these days of Political Correctness ( smiley ) those in the seats of power (not me) do have to cover themselves as much as possible.

I don't even know whether Penny is still playing this game - I would wish her well if she still is.

Vinovia FC (Anita) 12 February 2018, 13:39
[quote=SuDoku AFC]

- ie be "active" and gain an advantage from being online more than most - allowing me to pick up the "bargain priced players" off the auction list to "flip" for accumulating profits - & of course anyone else can do this too -

IMO, an unfair advantage. Cheating other managers out of money for there players to gain an unfair financial advantage over other managers who haven`t got shed loads of time to trawl the market for bargains. A big downside to this game.

Vinovia FC (Anita) 12 February 2018, 13:40
oops, messed up, but i`m sure you`ll figure that out.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 12 February 2018, 13:47
Vinovia FC wrote:
IMO, an unfair advantage. Cheating other managers out of money for there players to gain an unfair financial advantage over other managers who haven`t got shed loads of time to trawl the market for bargains. A big downside to this game.
The thing with that is, if we (traders) weren't here bidding up the cheaper players, then the original owners would get even less for them when they sell smiley
- and of course no-one is forced to buy the players we are trying to "flip" - If you can find other better options then obviously you'd buy them smiley

Whittall United (Grant) 12 February 2018, 14:09
Vinovia FC wrote:
Dont agree at all with this.

You get out what you put in to this game.
If Charles spends more time on the game, the he should reap the rewards imo.

What wouldn't be fair is someone spending less time than Charles on the game, but still get the same rewards.

Transfer Market (Al Pacino) 12 February 2018, 14:38
Summy rangers FC wrote:
get rid off the English mods for a start the get free vm yet offer nothing to the game
smiley

Forest Fire (Marv) 13 February 2018, 09:33
Whittall United wrote:
Vinovia FC wrote:

What wouldn't be fair is someone spending less time than Charles on the game, but still get the same rewards.
Agree Charles does a fantastic job, with the flipping side the game and deserves all the rewards. In no ways can it ever be classed as cheating. Always pleasant and helpful whenever ive spoke with him.

For those who spend less time on the game but still put there mind too it there are still ways to be successful you just have to look for it, and it can still be a great game with successful results.

Vinovia FC (Anita) 13 February 2018, 13:35
Forest Fire wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Vinovia FC wrote:

Agree Charles does a fantastic job, with the flipping side the game and deserves all the rewards. In no ways can it ever be classed as cheating. Always pleasant and helpful whenever ive spoke with him.

For those who spend less time on the game but still put there mind too it there are still ways to be successful you just have to look for it, and it can still be a great game with successful results.
I agree with you Marv on the 1st point, I was`n`t attacking Charles personally. Its the flipping thing I`m knocking.
As for 2nd part of what you said, I manage 10-15 mins a day on here,so to get anywhere, I will have to play the long game and train my players, and hope prices don`t plummet again.

Forest Fire (Marv) 13 February 2018, 13:49
I dont play that many hours on here due to work, Its more than possible to do other things than just play the long game. Players can easily sell while your out , and when you have time you can buy smiley

Main Point i tried to make was each time you do this make sure you bringin a better player than you sold.

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 13 February 2018, 15:50
[quote=Vinovia FC]
[quote=SuDoku AFC]

- ie be "active" and gain an advantage from being online more than most - allowing me to pick up the "bargain priced players" off the auction list to "flip" for accumulating profits - & of course anyone else can do this too -

[/quote]

Yes, that`s totally out of line. An advantage, yes. Cheating? Man...you should apologize. Charles IS the best, all things considered.
I don`t spend much time on here at all and I do ok. I`ve never competed in the top leagues, but I do well enough to keep me interested. Eight or nine years now.