Forums

Miscellaneous

Brexit: Pantomime season ...

Posted in Off Topic

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 18 March 2019, 00:05
Lateside united wrote:
can I ask why you say we? Your Polish not English
Born and raised here. I'm one of those 3rd generation immigrant types you don't like. Ignore the fact that when my grandfather came over after he'd spent two years in a concentration camp that he set up a facility to support injured servicemen. Also ignore the fact that my family have always worked in the public sector and contributed heavily to society (I'm a teacher) blahblahblah. Also ignore the fact that I'm half English if you like - the EDL type attitude is what has always driven me away from associating with my English identity. Ignore the fact that I can use your/you're and our/are correctly (unlike some) too if you like....

Your ilk were walking round my high school when I was 11 years old with yellow stars on their blazer because they knew my Grandad had been incarcerated in Mauthausen. He wasn't even Jewish so it was misguided in the extreme but the intent was there - it works beautifully as an analogy for the EDL too as it happens - knowledge of f*** all but hatred towards it anyway.

Argue all you like about Brexit btw - your espousals don't stand up to scrutiny and I'm a graduate in International Relations, so whilst I don't profess to be any kind of expert, I'm clued up enough to tear down any nonsense that you care to proffer... (Imagine that, a 3rd generation immigrant who can use proffer and espousal correctly when 1 in 5 British kids leave school with inadequate levels of literacy)

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 18 March 2019, 00:35
Well said Tom.
Lateside united wrote:
God you really are a xenophobic Edited BW aren't you...

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 18 March 2019, 00:40
Lateside united wrote:
You're really showing your true colours. The country would be far better if we let in more immigrants in exchange for Tommy Robinson supporters smiley

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 18 March 2019, 00:41
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
Born and raised here. I'm one of those 3rd generation immigrant types you don't like. Ignore the fact that when my grandfather came over after he'd spent two years in a concentration camp that he set up a facility to support injured servicemen. Also ignore the fact that my family have always worked in the public sector and contributed heavily to society (I'm a teacher) blahblahblah. Also ignore the fact that I'm half English if you like - the EDL type attitude is what has always driven me away from associating with my English identity. Ignore the fact that I can use your/you're and our/are correctly (unlike some) too if you like....

Your ilk were walking round my high school when I was 11 years old with yellow stars on their blazer because they knew my Grandad had been incarcerated in Mauthausen. He wasn't even Jewish so it was misguided in the extreme but the intent was there - it works beautifully as an analogy for the EDL too as it happens - knowledge of f*** all but hatred towards it anyway.

Argue all you like about Brexit btw - your espousals don't stand up to scrutiny and I'm a graduate in International Relations, so whilst I don't profess to be any kind of expert, I'm clued up enough to tear down any nonsense that you care to proffer... (Imagine that, a 3rd generation immigrant who can use proffer and espousal correctly when 1 in 5 British kids leave school with inadequate levels of literacy)
Amazing response.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 18 March 2019, 17:27
Please keep things friendly guys smiley

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 18 March 2019, 17:28
Well, whichever side of this arguement we find ourselves on, it's just got a wholle lot more interesting,
as the Speaker has just said the Government CANNOT bring "substantially the same deal" - back to Parliament for a third / fourth vote.

Seems like we are now heading for a long extension of all this "uncertainty" (shambles)
- which I have understood is the biggest problem for "business" in all of this.

The sooner it's sorted one way or another the happier personally I will be (but I'm not holding my breath!)

Lateside united (KK) 18 March 2019, 18:59
A Tribe Called Quest wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
You're really showing your true colours. The country would be far better if we let in more immigrants in exchange for Tommy Robinson supporters smiley
good idea let's have more stabbings more child grooming gangs more terror attacks.its dogooders like you that's the problem. Do you know my child got told off at school singing blah blah Black sheep apparently it's racist.. Country's gone mad and its heading for cival war

Lateside united (KK) 18 March 2019, 19:20
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Lateside united wrote:

The ones with brains are usually thick as fook I know blokes that went to university out of my year at school and done fook all with the life's. Am the thick one that got told I don't know how many times you won't ever have anything in life but yet am 38 years old semi retired house paid for nice car 2 holidays a year. Never ever claimed off state ones but not paid alot of tax lol

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 18 March 2019, 20:24
So youve dodged tax but have the audacity to complain about immigrants who actually contribute to society... unbelievable.

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 18 March 2019, 20:42
As a well kinda youngster (24) smiley

I don't really pay much attention to government stuff like most people my age and below smiley

Obliviously been seeing things about Brexit & everything.. Seems like most people would like a revote.. ?? I was also was thinking I'm guessing whatever happens it will split the nation which aint good maybe even cause some riots or civil war? Idk lol, but yeah I have not read any of this thread so smiley Just chucking that out there smiley

They keep making points about knife crime in youngsters... well that is not gonna change at all heck I reckon there is alot more knife crimes that what are actually shown on like tv and stuff. There fault for cutting police back. But yeah they wont change anything that will stop knife crime. Lots of so called gangs around London that even I know about living in the area. Just saying this okay... But i'm pretty sure if I wanted to I could obtain "Weapons" quite easily. And no before you say anything I have not been involved in the wrong groups of people smiley It generally is easy even if you are not involved. I see why so many people carry knifes.. gangs are in schools, college etc I remember in school I remember numerous times that people had knifes or weapons while having fights or attempting too. That being like 7 years ago or so now. They can't change anything. In other words I don't see the future getting any better tbh (Coming from a younger view) probably explains alot of other peoples views.. Just gotta do what you can to survive.

I'm gonna stop ranting as I haven't posted on the forums in awhile much but hey lol smiley