Forums

Miscellaneous

Allocation of exceptional talents

Posted in General

Whittall United (Grant) 23 May 2020, 11:24
Dress it up how you like, its sour grapes, as simple as that.

Why do you think you should be entitled to something? You get a chance like everybody else.
If you played the lottery, would you be complaining to them that winners shouldn't be able to win again?

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 23 May 2020, 12:25
Hello Grant, I see you've crawled out from under your rock to be all negative and bile-ful again. I missed your disrespect. Welcome back.....

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 23 May 2020, 12:43
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Something needs to be done for sure because what we currently have seems extremely lop-sided and inequitable. Fairness is never a bad thing, is it?
Certainly not. However, fairness is a vague term I believe. Because what is fair?

The way I see you proposing a system is in my opinion more equal rather than fair. And is that what we are looking for, equality? Could be, I am not to say.

Whereas, the fair system in my opinion is the system in place today, where everyone has the same chance - Which for each time is fair, because everyone has the same chance.

Then we have the opinion of FC VC, where one could see the sale value as a deciding factor. With a market change like recently, one, having sold right before the market jump, should again have a rather big chance, as the relative value of his good/super youth isn't the same anymore.

I do not think it is simple. Sunnyvale considered changing the number of youths created to 1/week during the rebalance and basically just removing the worst 80% that one could pick(not sure this was the way, but more or less) as something like 85-90% of the player population at that time was unemployed.
The crew opted against this change, as we believed it would have a negativ influence when people would get a bad player in their only chance, whereas today one has 5 chances although with a a lower chance of jackpot.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 23 May 2020, 13:20
Loyals wrote:
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Something needs to be done for sure because what we currently have seems extremely lop-sided and inequitable. Fairness is never a bad thing, is it?
Certainly not. However, fairness is a vague term I believe. Because what is fair?

The way I see you proposing a system is in my opinion more equal rather than fair. And is that what we are looking for, equality? Could be, I am not to say.

Whereas, the fair system in my opinion is the system in place today, where everyone has the same chance - Which for each time is fair, because everyone has the same chance.

Then we have the opinion of FC VC, where one could see the sale value as a deciding factor. With a market change like recently, one, having sold right before the market jump, should again have a rather big chance, as the relative value of his good/super youth isn't the same anymore.

I do not think it is simple. Sunnyvale considered changing the number of youths created to 1/week during the rebalance and basically just removing the worst 80% that one could pick(not sure this was the way, but more or less) as something like 85-90% of the player population at that time was unemployed.
The crew opted against this change, as we believed it would have a negativ influence when people would get a bad player in their only chance, whereas today one has 5 chances although with a a lower chance of jackpot.
+1 Totally agree.

Whittall United (Grant) 23 May 2020, 13:58
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Hello Grant, I see you've crawled out from under your rock to be all negative and bile-ful again. I missed your disrespect. Welcome back.....
Oh the irony.

Maybe you should have stayed under yours.

So you're allowed an opinion, but I have one, its disrespectful, self centred much smiley

I see you chose to ignore my point about the lottery smiley