Forums

Miscellaneous

This game is dying...

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 12 April 2021, 23:28
The day an enormous player trained since the beginning on WCTF with no lost days sells for 24M after 24h auction is the day you know the game is dead:
https://i.imgur.com/EV3yiy4.png
Only comes to confirm that I made the right decision in quitting.
Probably this will be my last topic on the forums, might as well finish the way I started, complaining about the game smiley

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 12 April 2021, 23:36
You still here? Why aren`t all your players on auction?

Final Whistle (join) 12 April 2021, 23:53
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
Still have a few days of premium left, should end before the end of the week...

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 13 April 2021, 14:56
I would say murdered by all the unnecessary changes since the axing of old stats everything was better preferred the old skool sim that was the being of the end when replaced . These boards were alive with debate arguments and banter the transfer market was always buzzing .

Rawle United (christopher) 13 April 2021, 15:41
supply and demand, its the same for everyone so no bother at all.

FC Sunderland (Suderland) 13 April 2021, 18:47
Final Whistle wrote:
The day an enormous player trained since the beginning on WCTF with no lost days sells for 24M after 24h auction is the day you know the game is dead:
Probably this will be my last topic on the forums, might as well finish the way I started, complaining about the game smiley
I dunno man, just recently returned to the game after many years away and I’m having a blast. Each to their own I suppose.

Final Whistle (join) 13 April 2021, 23:14
FC Sunderland wrote:
Final Whistle wrote:
I dunno man, just recently returned to the game after many years away and I’m having a blast. Each to their own I suppose.
It's always a blast buying at a discount, we'll take later when you'll want to cash in on months of searching for talented players and training them on best grounds and you get less then you payed for them...

The Goon Squad (Very) 14 April 2021, 01:28
Final Whistle wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
Still have a few days of premium left, should end before the end of the week...
Whats a few days if your leaving?

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 14 April 2021, 05:17
Final Whistle wrote:
It's always a blast buying at a discount, we'll take later when you'll want to cash in on months of searching for talented players and training them on best grounds and you get less then you payed for them...
You bought that player on 3-28 for 25m. You sold him at a minor loss for 24m. Why is Johns Army not complaining ? He paid 32m for the same player on 2-13 and lost 7m when he sold him to you.

Just like playing the stock market, there are ups and downs in this game when it comes to the player market. The game is no more dead than it was when I started almost 3 years ago. Players are going for the same now as they were then. At some point between then and now, player market values went up for a while with youth squads. Now, they are similar to when I started. That is no evidence that the game is dying IMO.

I hope you find a game that you appreciate more than VM. Let us know when you are really, really leaving.

BTW-Your transfer list prices are a little high for someone leaving at the end of the week. I would suggest reducing them now, before you have to auction off all your players. That is, assuming you are really leaving.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 14 April 2021, 13:44
Copper Ridge FC wrote:
The game is no more dead than it was when I started almost 3 years ago. Players are going for the same now as they were then. At some point between then and now, player market values went up for a while with youth squads. Now, they are similar to when I started. That is no evidence that the game is dying IMO.
In actual fact more individual users logged in to the game last month than for several recent months
- since last autumn specifically.
So, I agree, there is no evidence that I'm aware of that the game is dying.
The auction list may be slow at times, but that is no direct reflection of how many HAPPY managers are playing the game as intended - as a football manager game - not necessarily a trading game.