Forums

Miscellaneous

Scrap youth leagues

Posted in Ideas/development

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 15 October 2022, 11:02
Let's teams have an A and a B team in the main league structure, with a cap on the age of B team players. Let's make the lower leagues more competitive

Starmie Saints (BB) 17 October 2022, 14:19
I like that. With the vast reduction in player base over the last few years, only the top 5 leagues seem to be populated, so an under 23 team in the mains leagues instead of a youth team seems like a smart idea?

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 17 October 2022, 14:55
I can't see the downside really, other than less competitions to win as in no under 23s but I'd not be bothered about that

Could link the two vifa ranks too to give a more accurate overall vifa rank assessing entire club. Some have strong seniors or strong youths but not both. The overall would rank you based on both, which would give us greater idea who is best across the board

Swanski Swans (Swanface) 17 October 2022, 22:33
Sorry, don't agree.
If you want to have more depth in the Nations' leagues I would suggest reducing the number of Nations and redistributing the clubs accordingly.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 17 October 2022, 23:00
Swanski Swans wrote:
Sorry, don't agree.
If you want to have more depth in the Nations' leagues I would suggest reducing the number of Nations and redistributing the clubs accordingly.
ThIs could also be an option to promote competitiveness

Or reduced number of divisions in each nation

Swanski Swans (Swanface) 17 October 2022, 23:34
When I first started in 2009 the Dutch and Brazilian leagues for definite, and I think the Scottish league, did not exist and most other leagues were about six divisions deep. Perhaps it is time for a rethink? I do agree with you that some sort of change would be beneficial as Bots are now in Division 4!!!

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 18 October 2022, 00:33
Understated Excellence wrote:
Swanski Swans wrote:
Sorry, don't agree.
ThIs could also be an option to promote competitiveness

Or reduced number of divisions in each nation
I agree with this. I`d like to see 4 divisions max in each league, even if it means adding more nations. I`d love to see Croatia, Serbia, Ivory Coast, and either Egypt or Morocco added, perhaps at the expense of Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, Greenland, and Mongolia. The game needs a shakeup. It`s become so stale of late.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 18 October 2022, 01:40
To be honest, I don't understand the international teams either. Let's see some international competitions

Why not seed them based initially on percentage of top players with that nationality....then after that, have a international vifa rankings.

Then if you win a top club league, you get to manage one for a week and play international matches for a top seed
2nd in top club league, you get a pot 2 team
3rd in top club league, you get a pot 3 team

Might give the forums a buzz. We can all slate our international teams manager(tactics not personally). Or even get behind one. All start creating English players for example

Might end up Danes against English, given two countries most managers come from. But that might be fun

Or even short term, let's have one international friendly between Danes and English. With elected manager for each. You can state who you are supporting. Then after that you get to vote on international manager for preferred team out of two.

Hold it twice a year. Gives time in-between to strategise collectively with managers who are supporting same as you. People training players specifically for the event

Starmie Saints (BB) 18 October 2022, 10:16
I wonder why the player base has shrunk so drastically though? I remember in 2009 the English league was about 7 divisions deep with not bots in sight, now, like you say, even Div 4 in some countries has bots. And what changes could be made to increase players?

Swanski Swans (Swanface) 18 October 2022, 12:04
AFC Tornado wrote:
I wonder why the player base has shrunk so drastically though? I remember in 2009 the English league was about 7 divisions deep with not bots in sight, now, like you say, even Div 4 in some countries has bots. And what changes could be made to increase players?
I actually started in England Division 9 Group 243 in 2009. The Danish League had the same perhaps more.