Forums

Miscellaneous

Scrap youth leagues

Posted in Ideas/development

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 18 October 2022, 13:29
Think alot of recent changes made the game less enjoyable and playable.

Thierry Henry (Michael) 18 October 2022, 23:49
I think a big problem for me was the introduction of the match viewer

I remember there was a big push for a mobile app to be made but the devs chose to create the match viewer, something I have used maybe once or twice since its introduction

The reason I think this is a problem is it halted progress in other areas (an app would have been perfect). The dev team is small so they spent huge resources on something I personally don't think adds anything to the game

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 18 October 2022, 23:56
I agree, once you watch it once, you tend not to bother again. Reminds me of a commodore 64. Graphics are so poor

Starmie Saints (BB) 19 October 2022, 14:21
Definitely an oversight on what was necessary at the time. Strange that it still doesn't seem to be at the forefront of development as it would open the game up to so many more players.

Swanski Swans (Swanface) 19 October 2022, 20:22
Thierry Henry wrote:
I think a big problem for me was the introduction of the match viewer

I remember there was a big push for a mobile app to be made but the devs chose to create the match viewer, something I have used maybe once or twice since its introduction

The reason I think this is a problem is it halted progress in other areas (an app would have been perfect). The dev team is small so they spent huge resources on something I personally don't think adds anything to the game
I think a smooth running mobile app would give the game a massive boost if marketed well. Kids are on their mobiles for unbelievable lengths of time these days. Even adults seem to spend a lot of time on them.