Forums

Miscellaneous

Best thing to spend my money on?

Posted in General

Starmie Saints (BB) 21 October 2022, 16:25
I've got a few million (<10m) in the bank - at this stage for my club what is the best thing I can do with it?

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 21 October 2022, 16:32
The best thing you can spend your money on is the things you enjoy most in the game.

If you enjoy competing in the leagues, buy better players, upgrade the stadium in time.

If you want to get to a position where you can train up players, then you'd probably want to keep investing it to get as many credits as possible to upgrade your training facilities.

Obviously it depends how much time you can/want to devote to the game. I always found whichever approach i was taking, i would save a chunk of my balance to use for trading to keep the money coming in and upgrade my training facilities. It also helps you get a good grasp on the market and how much different types of player cost, which is a powerful tool!

Starmie Saints (BB) 21 October 2022, 16:34
I appreciate the advice. I like developing youth but it will cost me the best part of 200m to get the WCTF. How achievable do you think that would be? I play the game pretty much every day for an hour or two.

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 21 October 2022, 16:46
Yeah if you look at it in terms of how far you are away from the top facilities it can be a bit daunting, but if you aim to get your balance to the next upgrade +10-15m you can keep the momentum going.

To develop players without harming their value in the long run you probably need at the very least, ETF, so I'd say you'd need a market focus in order to get to the top facilities. An affordable older squad to challenge in the leagues and take advantage of ticket money alongside that will help, like i can see you have at the moment.

A few decent youths along the way also helps, like the one you have on auction today.

If you keep your target to the next facility +10-15m you'll be surprised as to how quickly you can progress.

Ultimately, you need to have fun, as if you're not having fun then you're not going to want to play the game.

Starmie Saints (BB) 22 October 2022, 16:01
Thanks for that. I'll spend the money on a decent team. Hopefully I can get to Div 3 somewhere, gain supporters and start filling out the stadium on higher ticket prices and go from there

Enchiladas Mexicanas (Patatas Bravas) 22 October 2022, 20:30
My thoughts are that it takes time but things seem to speed up at the end.

I was only interested in getting the best youth facilities and I did it by getting half decent young players who the massive teams weren't interested in yet most think are too expensive, train them up every day without fail and transfer listing them for the value that I thought they'd be worth after their next update.

I did that on and off whilst trying to save the majority of the money. Honestly, it seems like it's miles away but you can get to WCTF with just a bit of sensible buying, selling and saving.

Mind you, my team is currently screwed so I wouldn't bother listening to me.

But I would say, stick it all in Training Facilities and keep putting sensible (but slightly high) values on your players when you whack them on the transfer list.

Starmie Saints (BB) 23 October 2022, 12:17
How long did it take you to get to WCTF? Just wondering how long to expect from my current level. Played this game for years with very slow progress haha

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 23 October 2022, 12:52
I have played on and off for a few years, but i'd say probably about 5 years all in all.

I think once you get to 2 gold stars it does get easier, players you train lose less value and you also get used to the process of saving up the credits, investing, training players so it gets easier and easier in theory.

Starmie Saints (BB) 23 October 2022, 13:41
That makes sense. That's about 15m away for me so hopefully can get there mid next year or even before if i get lucky with youths

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 23 October 2022, 15:51
my advice if you still have the funds is to upgrade to Standard training facility (grey) immediately pointless waiting to upgrade