Forums

Miscellaneous

[Announcement] Unbalanced Stats and Training

Posted in General

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 28 April 2015, 08:50
We have a reply...
Bårdur FC wrote:
Good morning

Firstly – this really isn’t new. This is a feature repeated from the old training / player-stat system. The only difference is that in the old system, the penalty was deducted equally from all trained stats. Whereas in the new system the penalty is deducted from an individual calculation, where the largest difference will be penalized the most.

The office is empty until Monday, so I can’t forward your request until next week. Virtual Manager is run with only one full-time developers, and every now and then, he needs a couple of days off like the rest of us In the meantime please consider this:

Do we really want to know all aspects of the game?

Personally I am aware that if you only train one discipline (training group) these individual stats will increase – and will keep increasing. As time passes, the training will get worse and worse. Which tells me by reasoning, that there is a penalty for training stats which already are higher than the average. It also tells me that the bigger the difference – the more effect of the penalty. And personally – that’s all I need to know! If I find myself in a situation, where every aspect of Virtual Manager can be put into datasheets and boxes – I will loose the mystery which for me is Virtual Manager. So again – personally – I’m really not interested in finding the answer. But if you guys insist I will forward the request to FC Sunnyvale, but I can’t promise that he will release such a spoiler.

I remember an experiment done by one of the Danish users many, many years ago. He took an average talented player and trained him exclusively in “Technical training”. After a couple of months the player has really good finishing skills, but his training was reduced to nearly nothing. This is an experiment worth repeating – which will still maintain the mystery for the users who do not want to be able to read every aspect of the game like an open book.

(same answer sent to two users – and please copy/paste the whole lot to the forum discussion )

Best regards
Bårdur - Administrator

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 28 April 2015, 09:00
Excellent reply and reasoning. Happy to leave it at that.

FC Stoke (Rich) 28 April 2015, 09:00
Tbh thinking about it I agree...

Rhythm FC (MMM) 28 April 2015, 09:14
I got the same answer and I agree with him. Going to close my ticket now smiley

The Red Devil (Bårdur) 28 April 2015, 09:24
Tell you what...
I have a space left in my squad.

I will purhcase one average talentet player. I will then dedicate a training group incl. trainer to only perform extreme striker-training for several months. Finishing and Dribling. Will do so this evening and let you guys know. I will find some way to keep track of progress smiley

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 28 April 2015, 09:31
Bårdur FC wrote:
Tell you what...

I will purhcase one average talentet player. I will then dedicate a training group incl. trainer to only perform extreme striker-training for several months. Finishing and Dribling. Will do so this evening and let you guys know. I will find some way to keep track of progress smiley
Sounds good to me, thanks.

Rhythm FC (MMM) 28 April 2015, 09:37
Bårdur FC wrote:
Tell you what...

I can actually work it out pretty easily, Bardur. All you have to do is get low and consistent training players who have been trained equally, so that you can gauge their long term training average, and then train them to different ability% and record how their training scores change with each training routine. You'd also have to leave one or two players evenly trained so that you can adjust for random fluctuation error. After a suitable time period you just need to look at the training data and work out a relationship which isn't hard at all.

I'm not going to do that though - there's no point smiley

Transfer Market (Al Pacino) 28 April 2015, 09:42
Rhythm FC wrote:

I can actually work it out pretty easily, Bardur. All you have to do is get low and consistent training players who have been trained equally, so that you can gauge their long term training average, and then train them to different ability% and record how their training scores change with each training routine. You'd also have to leave one or two players evenly trained so that you can adjust for random fluctuation error. After a suitable time period you just need to look at the training data and work out a relationship which isn't hard at all.
You love to confuse me
I'd have better chance deciphering hieroglyphics.

Bardur is right though, the proof is in the pudding

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 28 April 2015, 14:34
FC Stoke wrote:
Arsenäl FC wrote:
FC Stoke wrote:
Tbh if the penalty is minimal which I suspect it is I would prefer to have better stat placement and take the penalty...optimal stat placement is more important and a slightly higher training average in my opinion...when training players up I don't like overly weighted key stats anyway...

Edit...and cheers Ben...thanks for the heads up...would be interesting if we could find out the penalty...I suspect that it will be a variable penalty whereas the higher the percentage the more they are penalised...
While i agree with you Rich, in my opinion, it is the players who have the better training who sell better and for more smiley
Maybe...I suppose it depends what you want from your player...you know what I am like with training averages...training averages stump everything else but the way stats are spread improves rating therefore gives you a better player (I am led to believe)

You had better stop hammering Van Ryper in tackling smiley
Haha nope smiley Might not be your cup of tea but will be somebody elses smiley Hammered him again last night.

Frankies acre bhoys (all players transfer listed) 28 April 2015, 14:51
Bayern Munich wrote:
I know it's just a coincidence, but the average of my all Team Building training (my players are low on Perseverance and Leadership) was 194%, which is my highest ever team average since training was changed and my highest in the last 10 days by 35%.
+1 154% is massive for me smiley