Forums

Miscellaneous

Too many leagues

Posted in General

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 3 May 2018, 16:48
[quote=The Wrecking Crew]

The game is fine, and it is a far better game than when I first started playing, Remember the little orbs bumping around into each other? Oh yea, that was so cool.

I loved those orbs!

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 3 May 2018, 16:49
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
Remember the little orbs bumping around into each other? Oh yea, that was so cool.
I agree with the overall sentiment but it was those orbs that got me to play the game in the first place, and I still think it was a more exciting simulation than the current one. smiley

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 3 May 2018, 17:07
Bayern Munich wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
Remember the little orbs bumping around into each other? Oh yea, that was so cool.
I agree with the overall sentiment but it was those orbs that got me to play the game in the first place, and I still think it was a more exciting simulation than the current one. smiley
Hey, I got hooked on the game during the orb period too. I loved the individual player assignments most of all. I had a full back once score 20+ goals for my squad....something you don`t ever see anymore...a defender scoring goals. But for the most part, the guys that run this game do a decent job. Kudos to them. Look at all the things involved in running this game...all the millions of statistics that are in the system. We rarely get down time anymore, something that used to be a big problem back when. I recall the game being down for days on end at times. I still think that, with a little tweaking, it could still be a great game. And it doesn`t particularly matter to me if there are a hundred managers here, or ten thousand. As long as I have enough opponents to play my schedule, I`m fine with that. What I would like to see is the game 'cleaned up' a bit.....meaning, get rid of all the useless stats and players and trainers out of the database. There is no reason to take up space on a 34 year old player with a 3 Rating that hasn`t been owned since the day he was released at 15 years old. Or if a trainer only has 3 abilities that are actually used in the game, then get rid of the other abilities that mean nothing. Wouldn`t that make searching for a trainer a lot easier? And if they could somehow add the individual player assignments back to the game, I know many of you would love that, as we`ve mentioned that numerous times before in the past. With a little tidying up, this could still be a great game.

Again....JMO.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 3 May 2018, 17:16
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
... "and say why bother. Let me go find a better game." ...
The thing is,
there just aren't any better games out there. IMO.
I play several others too - but none of them are a patch on this.
Each of the others I might spend 10/15 minutes on every day - sometimes even less...
this one I'm hooked and online 18/7 smiley

Yes there are things I'd change too -- particularly the return of the individuall player instrructions
- but equally - as a free to play game - we have to take it as it is.
And is it still the best I can find. No contest smiley

Braintree Town (John) 3 May 2018, 18:13
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
Bayern Munich wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
Hey, I got hooked on the game during the orb period too. I loved the individual player assignments most of all. I had a full back once score 20+ goals for my squad....something you don`t ever see anymore...a defender scoring goals. But for the most part, the guys that run this game do a decent job. Kudos to them. Look at all the things involved in running this game...all the millions of statistics that are in the system. We rarely get down time anymore, something that used to be a big problem back when. I recall the game being down for days on end at times. I still think that, with a little tweaking, it could still be a great game. And it doesn`t particularly matter to me if there are a hundred managers here, or ten thousand. As long as I have enough opponents to play my schedule, I`m fine with that. What I would like to see is the game 'cleaned up' a bit.....meaning, get rid of all the useless stats and players and trainers out of the database. There is no reason to take up space on a 34 year old player with a 3 Rating that hasn`t been owned since the day he was released at 15 years old. Or if a trainer only has 3 abilities that are actually used in the game, then get rid of the other abilities that mean nothing. Wouldn`t that make searching for a trainer a lot easier? And if they could somehow add the individual player assignments back to the game, I know many of you would love that, as we`ve mentioned that numerous times before in the past. With a little tidying up, this could still be a great game.

Again....JMO.
That absolutely contradicts your first post. Moaning about people making suggestions and then you make your own ones!

FC Stoke (Rich) 3 May 2018, 18:16
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
I`ve been here a loooong time, and I notice the one thing about this game that hasn`t changed is that people will always moan about it...as if they could do better.
The game is fine, and it is a far better game than when I first started playing, Remember the little orbs bumping around into each other? Oh yea, that was so cool.
This game does have flaws, like any game. And if you all didn`t enjoy the game to some extent, you wouldn`t be here right now. The hard-core managers are still here, still paying premium, and I assume still liking the game enough to pop in every day. Perhaps more folks would join and stay longer if there wasn`t so much negativity here on the boards. This is the first place newbies come, and if this is what they read on their first days here, many probably just move on and say why bother. Let me go find a better game.
More leagues, less leagues, bigger prize money, why don`t the developers fix this or that, why do I need to buy premium, why can`t I be on top in my first month here, blah, blah blah. It`s all so old already. You all enjoy the game when you`re winning and training well, and you all hate it when you lose and train like crap. Just admit it.

JMO, no hard feelings, nothing personal to anyone....JMO.
I don’t know who this is aimed at but my opening post was suggesting improvements (from my eyes) and not bashing the game...

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 3 May 2018, 18:57
FC Stoke wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
I`ve been here a loooong time, and I notice the one thing about this game that hasn`t changed is that people will always moan about it...as if they could do better.
This game does have flaws, like any game. And if you all didn`t enjoy the game to some extent, you wouldn`t be here right now. The hard-core managers are still here, still paying premium, and I assume still liking the game enough to pop in every day. Perhaps more folks would join and stay longer if there wasn`t so much negativity here on the boards. This is the first place newbies come, and if this is what they read on their first days here, many probably just move on and say why bother. Let me go find a better game.
More leagues, less leagues, bigger prize money, why don`t the developers fix this or that, why do I need to buy premium, why can`t I be on top in my first month here, blah, blah blah. It`s all so old already. You all enjoy the game when you`re winning and training well, and you all hate it when you lose and train like crap. Just admit it.

. JMO, no hard feelings, nothing personal to anyone....JMO
I don’t know who this is aimed at but my opening post was suggesting improvements (from my eyes) and not bashing the game...
Certainly not you, Rich. You even have my post quote right there that it wasn`t addressed to anyone. (JMO, no hard feelings, nothing personal to anyone....JMO) There are some fine suggestions in this thread. But there is also a good share of moaning. (not you, my friend)

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 3 May 2018, 23:28
I made 4 or 5 comments in this thread that i fully stand by.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 3 May 2018, 23:33
If there is anyone who doesn't like reading my opinion about this game as it stands in my opinion, then i suggest do not read what i have to say. Furthermore, just like anybody, i am entitled to write my opinion about the game on the forums just like anybody else whether I'm moaning or not.

A Z Magma (floki) 4 May 2018, 23:32
The Wrecking Crew wrote:

JMO, no hard feelings, nothing personal to anyone....JMO.
it was probably aimed at me

this is a forum to express opinion? you might be but im not here to defend the game i pay so am entitled to say within reason any reasonable opinion,do a poll and i guarentee more will agree with my sentiments

yes the little orb things are no longer but even this argument doesnt hold as it was tactically more accurate than the current offering(my attacking silver star central defender in division 5 waltzing through the pitch on numberous occasions scoring messi like goals) what have we got now? i wouldnt mind but the way you are talking its like its the real deal

the game has regressed and yes we can always go elsewhere but imho that is a worse attitude than seasoned players offering some constructive criticism