Forums

Miscellaneous

VM Pro

Posted in Developer's corner

FC Sunnyvale (Bubbles) Developer 15 February 2020, 14:11
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone - it's extremely helpful to see what you think about it.

On the suggestion to increase current premium price for everyone and make that ad-free and all-inclusive... that is something like that may happen eventually. But, there's no telling how the majority of managers would react to a sudden price increase across the board, so creating a new, higher priced subscription option is a way to test the waters, and see if it could actually be successful before committing to increasing the price for everyone.

Gunners SC (Josep Guardiola) 15 February 2020, 14:17
Smart, actually i do not see the problem in having both of them at the begining, not all with VM Premium will go for PRO, is a good way for managers to actually see the differences betwen these 2 packages.
If the game gives you better benefits from having PRO then everyone will immediatly pay without being somehow forced to pay for it more because is the only way. smiley

Unbelievable Jeff (Ryan) 15 February 2020, 16:02
Not a detailed answer, but ads do not bother me enough (if at all) on this website.

Personally, I’d need some sort of new, additional feature as part of the package to entice me to spend extra on Premium.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 15 February 2020, 16:59
No way will I pay over £ 5 per month for one months subs .

Bradford P A (michael hirst) 15 February 2020, 17:11
18p a day I think good value

SK Sokol Stary Tekov (Jurgen Kloppp) 15 February 2020, 19:25
1, not for me probably
2, I think youth squads become part of the subscription is a really good idea and should be in the regular premium
3, I will not

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 15 February 2020, 19:56
FC Sunnyvale wrote:
There's no telling how the majority of managers would react to a sudden price increase across the board, so creating a new, higher priced subscription option is a way to test the waters, and see if it could actually be successful before committing to increasing the price for everyone.
Just raising the price for premium is sure to upset some managers, but I strongly think it's the right decision and I've seen that sentiment echoed a bit.

What's the point of "testing the waters" with a tier people have pretty much indicated they're not interested in while simultaneously complicating the subscription options and needing to come up with ways to further justify this new higher tier?

Just figure out a few extra benefits (like no ads and some of the other suggestions people have made) to bundle into premium at the same time you raise the price to soften the blow, and explain why the increase is necessary.

You may lose some subscribers but as long as the increase isn't insane you'll come out ahead and you can focus on improving new user retention and the process of turning them into premium members instead of messing around with multiple tiers.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 15 February 2020, 22:48
Thank you for asking our opinions.

Q1
In general, do you think it is a good idea to have some kind of ad-free subscription?
A1:
No. The ads are very annoying but people either accept them or block them anyway

Q2
What do you say to the idea of ​​letting youth squads become part of the subscription?

A2
Definately not. You cant have one game for those paying more and a narrower game for those not - it will make many abandon. You already have incentives for paying players to upgrade, this would be a step too far.

Rolf.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 16 February 2020, 10:09
FC Sunnyvale wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone - it's extremely helpful to see what you think about it.

On the suggestion to increase current premium price for everyone and make that ad-free and all-inclusive... that is something like that may happen eventually. But, there's no telling how the majority of managers would react to a sudden price increase across the board, so creating a new, higher priced subscription option is a way to test the waters, and see if it could actually be successful before committing to increasing the price for everyone.
Makes sense - for the record I will upgrade to Pro anyway regardless of what it involves - For the simple reason that I'm happy to pay a bit more if it gives you flexibility to upgrade the game further.

I'm one of the minority that's not really bothered about youth squads, but I don't think it would be right to appear in VM Pro after it has been promised to Premium users for so long. I would be thinking about what successful games (albeit with a younger user base) have done in recent years.

Most of the successful console games have been charging for cosmetic items. I have no idea about developing and coding etc, and I certainly wouldn't advocate that this becomes a whole new mess of microtransactions but are there more cosmetic items you could chuck in to VM Pro rather than what will be a core part of the game?

Eg - the option to design your own player face/hair etc instead of the computer auto-selecting what they look like. More kit choices and options. Some kind of stadium cosmetics etc.

Don't know how feasible that is but I'm sure you will!

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 16 February 2020, 11:09
I don't think you can charge extra for youth squads after promising it for so long. However, there may be future features that may legitimately attract higher subscriptions or one-off fees. An example that I'd consider is Agents. I don't use scouts but if I could use an agent to acquire players that might add an interesting dynamic to player acquisition and the transfer market.