Forums

Miscellaneous

Virtual Manager's Advent Calendar!

Posted in General

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 31 December 2020, 15:45
Newcastle U FC wrote:
That seems a tad ungrateful, I think the Advent Awards was a lot of fun and festive cheer in an unrelenting depressing real world. Bah humbug I say!
Rolf
Totally agree. The youths alone were worth it. (although 8 or 9 crap youth aren`t any better than the 5 crap youth I normally get) smiley

CoventryAllStars (Simon Lippitt ) 31 December 2020, 16:18
and i said the one good thing were the YOUTHS....

Cobra Kai (Johnny Lawrence) 31 December 2020, 17:54
CoventryAllStars wrote:

there have been some proper crap prizes on this advert calendar
Why does everyone always want to make the game easier? If the game was to easy it wouldnt be worth playing!

Just be thankful we got a few nice treats! We could of had nothing!

SAS united (Manager of SAS united) 31 December 2020, 18:08
Amsterdam United wrote:
Teufel hunden wrote:
SAS united wrote:
Has anyone managed to boost there youths training by 200 I’ve not managed to do it yet?
Click on the individual skill you want to increase by 200 and then follow the prompts. Worked for me. Boosted a player 3 whole points.
Hey, I cliked on the individual skill but nothing happenned

SAS united (Manager of SAS united) 31 December 2020, 18:08
Tried again like you doing nothing. I’m on the website through my mobile not sure if that’s the issue?

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 31 December 2020, 18:29
SAS united wrote:
Tried again like you doing nothing. I’m on the website through my mobile not sure if that’s the issue?
Are you trying to boost a senior player by any chance ? I tried this at first and then realized you can only boost youths. It does say this in the advent calendar, I just missed it. I had no problem boosting a youth.

CoventryAllStars (Simon Lippitt ) 31 December 2020, 19:00
The Order wrote:
CoventryAllStars wrote:

Why does everyone always want to make the game easier? If the game was to easy it wouldnt be worth playing!

Just be thankful we got a few nice treats! We could of had nothing!
i didnt say to make the game easier, he said there were lots of good prizes, which i dont agree with... and he also said the end of VM AWARDS which are pointless unless your a top team, WHEN HE GIVES THEM MORE FREEEEEEEEEEE THINGS AWAY TO THE TOP TEAMS! and he forgets about all the small teams what pay for this game too....

Eaglescliffe FC (James Humphreys) 1 January 2021, 10:11
I’d say that it has been good fun and some useful things in the advent calendar, even as a smaller newer team. However, I can see how the items would advantage the more established teams disproportionately. For example double attendance. If you’re only taking 20,000 and it rises to 25/30,000 the impact is much lower than if you have a few 0’s on the end. So although beneficial, the bigger teams just pull further away. So it’s not really equitable or fair. For some things like stadium repairs, to help smaller teams a little there could have been an alternative of free stand upgrade for those below a certain level. It’s a big thing, but as it’s capped it doesn’t make that much difference to the balance of the game and with everybody at a certain level getting it, doesn’t give one a huge advantage. Or something like half price training upgrade if below one gold star. Again wont affect or threaten the bigger players in any way but helps those in smaller teams.

So while it’s been great, it’s obviously been better for those with bigger team and just widened the gap rather than being something for all to enjoy equally

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 1 January 2021, 10:36
CoventryAllStars wrote:
a bit disappointed!!! CONSIDERING THE VM AWARDS GIVE LOTS OF VM PREMIUM AWAY, YET WE DIDNT GET NONE..... You were eligible for the awards, as was everybody else. Totally ridiculous thing to whine about.

A lucrative sponsorship with Santa Claus, well i would not call that Lucrative. Agreed that the sponsorship amount was rubbish but I missed the sponsors this week so it's better than nothing
One free scout report x2, crap when you dont have scouts as they cost to much Several of the prizes allowed you to employ a staff member for absolutely nothing, but you didn't need to do this to access the scout report - it just appeared on the scout page regardless of whether you had scouts or not. It's not VM's fault that you failed to understand how the prize worked
5% repair of your entire stadium x2 again not the best Saved me around 1 mill each time so disagree
Boost the mood of your players with 90 points, again not the best BUT WE HAD THIS 3 TIMES... Yep, that one was rubbish
Extend your player contracts by 3 days WE HAD THIS 3 TIMES!!! I know, brilliant wasn't it - saved me around 4 or 5 mill
Double the crowd again for the big teams is great, for the small teams its rubbish.... But smaller teams don't have the same wage bill as bigger teams, so it's all relative. I made about 150 - 200k extra per game so hardly a massive advantage. It basically covered a day's wages and gave me an extra 100k.

the only good bit we got was the Youths.... Mine were utterly useless - did me no favours

WHATS IT SAY AT THE END....................... VM AWARDS IS RETIRING!!!!
yet its just been done, giving out plenty of VM Premium!!!! And afterwards he wrote a blog explaining why it was returning

FC Sunnyvale most of us pay for VM Premium, so you could of GAVE us VM PREMIUM on the last day of the advert calander!!!!! So, he doesn't owe us anything, this is how he makes his living, and having to put up with entitled whining like your post probably doesn't encourage him to do any freebies - why should he when he has to listen to this nonsense about a free feature he added to the game?
as you have gone back on your word about VM AWARDS!!! Why are you so offended they went ahead?
but unfortunately you want read this..

CoventryAllStars (Simon Lippitt ) 1 January 2021, 10:46
He could of gave everyone a decent prize.. he promised it would be a good advert calendar... But for the smaller teams it was anything but a good advert calendar....
O well let's hope the betting game returns for the euro's at least the bigger teams don't have the advantage over the smaller teams for that...