Forums

Miscellaneous

Super Talents

Posted in General

HjerneSkaderne (Carl-Hilbert Russel) 7 September 2021, 18:53
Team Beqa wrote:
So he can get 3 in 7 months and I can’t get one in 14 years the numbers don’t add up at all.
I've been playing the lottery for 20 years, I have never won anything larger than ~10£.

Albania FC (Erik Ten Hag) 7 September 2021, 18:55
HjerneSkaderne wrote:
Team Beqa wrote:
So he can get 3 in 7 months and I can’t get one in 14 years the numbers don’t add up at all.
I've been playing the lottery for 20 years, I have never won anything larger than ~10£.
But this is not the lottery

I think its very weird how new clubs always get super talents and we old clubs get f all

Do new clubs get super talents so they can stay on the game and by vm premium ?

HjerneSkaderne (Carl-Hilbert Russel) 7 September 2021, 19:06
Team Beqa wrote:

I think its very weird how new clubs always get super talents and we old clubs get f all

Anything random is essentially the lottery. Something like insurances are when looking at it strictly from a theoretical view lottery.

The numbers add up if the algorithm is fair. If freak incidents didn't happen it would suggest the algorithm isn't truly random. Drowning new clubs are not a good way to make them stay, for the same reason no MMOs throw you straight into the endgame - without effort you have no true personal connection to your profile, this is game design 101.

Whether a pity timer should be added to the system to insure you cannot draw thousands of youth without finding a talent is another matter.

Albania FC (Erik Ten Hag) 7 September 2021, 19:09
HjerneSkaderne wrote:
Team Beqa wrote:

Anything random is essentially the lottery. Something like insurances are when looking at it strictly from a theoretical view lottery.

The numbers add up if the algorithm is fair. If freak incidents didn't happen it would suggest the algorithm isn't truly random. Drowning new clubs are not a good way to make them stay, for the same reason no MMOs throw you straight into the endgame - without effort you have no true personal connection to your profile, this is game design 101.

Whether a pity timer should be added to the system to insure you cannot draw thousands of youth without finding a talent is another matter.
1 super talent every 10 years would be good smiley

HjerneSkaderne (Carl-Hilbert Russel) 7 September 2021, 19:44
Team Beqa wrote:
Cant say I disagree. smiley

Teufel hunden (Another Vacation) 7 September 2021, 20:52
Team Beqa wrote:

I still find that a big stretch.. for keeping the balance where it is, it should be closer to 1/2-1/3 years For a club. But it’s all supposed to be completely random. I believe it is completely random and those guys that hit a few in a row are just doing something a little bit different enough to get lucky.

I feel like the odds may also have to do with what day you create and what time. Creating on Sunday right after the update seems to be what everyone else does, so implied odds could be lower if it’s a “once every x players created” algorithm. At the end of the day, it’s all about us being skeptical about the process. If you can’t say that you’ve done your diligence and tried many different times and days, then you may have just been doing the wrong times and days.

For example: on the Sunday creations, if you and 100 other players are creating youths at the same time and the timer for supers is roughly 1/300, then there is a chance that 1 or 2 supers are created in that mess of creation, you then would have about a 1/100 chance of creating during that time. It’s entirely possible you never get a super if that’s the case. Which also makes it entirely possible you create a super 3-4 weeks in a row.

I don’t think there is anything in the algorithm about clubs getting lucky with supers, but I think there definitely is something about odds for each youth created individually.

The Flairy Bears (Cookie Guvna) 7 September 2021, 22:33
I actually agree with you, in part. We do not know what the code is for youth players talent generation when they are created. Although I imagine, knowing how games are generally coded, that it is much more likely to be a random number generation rather than a coding of "1 in every x". The ability to create a spread as they do would be very hard to do if it was that sort of code.

Your math is slightly wrong though. If they did, in fact, run a "1 in every x" style of code for the youth players talents, then it would be BETTER to generate your player in peak time, as it would speed up the generation by having more players going through the system at that time. The more players moving the algorithm towards that super talent point, the better for you.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 8 September 2021, 00:14
Newcastle U FC wrote:
No, you are wrong to make light of this.

It is absolutely outrageous, scandalous even, that one player should discover 3 super talents in such a short space of time.
To clarify, and thank you to the guy who pointed this out, this team - Danish of course - discovered:
player 1 on 24 January, sold for 26m
player 2 on 14 March, sold for 56m
player 3 on 2 May, sold for 24m

That is not acceptable when most teams don't see a single ST in 4 years of creating 5 players a week, every week.

Assuming no foul play, which we must, then whatever algorithms are being used MUST URGENTLY be reviewed, as this is clearly ridiculous. It just wont do to say "he got lucky". We need an OFFICIAL response. Thank you,

Rolf.
Hi Rolf. Firstly, I want to add it has being years since i created a super youth and I do understand some clubs have created none and other clubs more than 1. The difference between you and i i'm guessing is that you care and I don't since I'm making "light of this" yeah? Well, I have every right to make "light of this" then all I want and telling me I am wrong to be that way is just stupid. I can be what way I want. Also, I didn't just say "he got lucky". I said lucky i guess meaning I'm guessing Rolf as I don't have a clue how he was able to create 3 supers in just over 3 months.

Fyi Rolf, the club who is highlighting all this, I wrote to on private mail a good few days ago and helped him how to send out his scouts and when are, in my opinion, the best day/time to send out his scouts so to hopefully help him in creating a super youth. Gosh, I must care after all.

The Goon Squad (Very) 8 September 2021, 08:18
You could send your scouts out to find an untrained and hope to find some like this smiley https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/14958788-nigel-kipp

Albania FC (Erik Ten Hag) 8 September 2021, 09:51
The Goon Squad wrote:
You could send your scouts out to find an untrained and hope to find some like this smiley https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/14958788-nigel-kipp
What are you feeding ur scouts to find this kind of players man smiley