Forums

Miscellaneous

Posted in Developer's corner

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 26 May 2023, 20:42
The best line I read...

"...then we might as well just abolish the employees abilities altogether, and leave all trainers the equal."

Nereus (Dave Matus) 26 May 2023, 20:45
This solution only shifts the focus from 20xx20 to 20xx19. It’s completely useless.
If you have some magic rework in the mix that takes time, then perhaps for now just implement a search on statistics and add more higher value trainers.

I’m still a fan of the train the trainer solution but oh well. Just my 2 cents

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 26 May 2023, 20:47
So, if your starting point is that every manager wants only 20.20.20 trainers, (and obviously cannot & never could have only them),
then we have learned to adapt to currently hiring more trainers with 20.xx.20, / 20.20.xx, / xx.20.20 to cover the same workload,
I see the result of this change will be that the most established (richer) clubs will simply hire even more trainers, now with 20 ratings in one skill each, to cover the still same workload.
The net result of that will be that the better off clubs will still be training all their players using 20 rated trainers and that newer clubs who cannot afford to do this will be disadvantaged further.

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 26 May 2023, 20:57
SuDoku AFC wrote:
So, if your starting point is that every manager wants only 20.20.20 trainers, (and obviously cannot & never could have only them),
then we have learned to adapt to currently hiring more trainers with 20.xx.20, / 20.20.xx, / xx.20.20 to cover the same workload,
I see the result of this change will be that the most established (richer) clubs will simply hire even more trainers, now with 20 ratings in one skill each, to cover the still same workload.
The net result of that will be that the better off clubs will still be training all their players using 20 rated trainers and that newer clubs who cannot afford to do this will be disadvantaged further.
Agreed. There should also be a cap on how many trainers a club can employ, whether that be 5, or 10, or whatever. There should be a limit though.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 26 May 2023, 21:14
Simply give 10 trainers and no more automatically with premium who are 20x20x20 if people leave the game they gone forever if they retire obliviously an automatic replacement is given out Scouts 5 as above. This will make the game equal to all clubs from a newbie to the richest .
Also make all staff wage free this will enable a new club to utilise them from the get go .

Ipswich Town Allstars (Dunx Adams) 26 May 2023, 21:36
Coptic Titans wrote:
Simply give 10 trainers and no more automatically with premium who are 20x20x20 if people leave the game they gone forever if they retire obliviously an automatic replacement is given out Scouts 5 as above. This will make the game equal to all clubs from a newbie to the richest .
Also make all staff wage free this will enable a new club to utilise them from the get go .
Not sure I see the point of a game where everyone has the same. Where is the goal and the sense of achievement when you succeed. We may as well just roll dice and see who gets the highest score.

SoloBoloNgolos (TheBoloNgolo) 26 May 2023, 21:37
Another option could be to reset the trainer attribute system and then leave it up to the clubs to assign their own attributes to their trainers.

Then give them a finite number of attributes they can distribute out i.e. like skill points on FIFA pro clubs.

And then to make it fair across all club levels so people can't exploit having loads of trainers with different attributes - put a cap of maximum 5 trainers.

Ipswich Town Allstars (Dunx Adams) 26 May 2023, 21:41
SoloBoloNgolos wrote:
Another option could be to reset the trainer attribute system and then leave it up to the clubs to assign their own attributes to their trainers.

Then give them a finite number of attributes they can distribute out i.e. like skill points on FIFA pro clubs.

And then to make it fair across all club levels so people can't exploit having loads of trainers with different attributes - put a cap of maximum 5 trainers.
This would work too. It still gives us choice that we can either get right or wrong.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 26 May 2023, 21:54
SoloBoloNgolos wrote:

My first thought is I like this idea too.

So, for example, if we were given let's say 180 "stats" to spread across no more that 5 trainers,
we could create 3 X 20.20.20 trainers and then have to fit all our players into only 3 training Groups.
Or, we could create 4 X 20.0.20 / 0.20.20 / 20.20.0 trainers and 1 X 20.0.0 trainer and fit all our players into 5 training groups.

Interesting idea smiley

AFC Redhill (Alex Hatton) 26 May 2023, 21:58
SuDoku AFC wrote:
SoloBoloNgolos wrote:

I like this, seems to have a good balance in fairness but also requiring skill!

I like this as well. Seems to strike a good balance between being fair but also having a level of skill involved
My first thought is I like this idea too.

So, for example, if we were given let's say 180 "stats" to spread across no more that 5 trainers,
we could create 3 X 20.20.20 trainers and then have to fit all our players into only 3 training Groups.
Or, we could create 4 X 20.0.20 / 0.20.20 / 20.20.0 trainers and 1 X 20.0.0 trainer and fit all our players into 5 training groups.

Interesting idea smiley