Forums

Miscellaneous

Posted in Developer's corner

FORTHEWIN (Ryan Thompson) 26 May 2023, 22:37
Add better staff and improve the search for them simple as that.

Ipswich Town Allstars (Dunx Adams) 26 May 2023, 23:54
FORTHEWIN wrote:
Add better staff and improve the search for them simple as that.
And a few teams would still post them in forums thereby not changing anything. The system we have is only broken because of those who insist on linking everything they find!

Ringkjøbing IF (xx) 27 May 2023, 01:47
Jeg synes ikke det er en god idé, trænere kan være kompetente i mange områder i virkeligheden og der er intet galt i at have en rigtig god træner der kan det hele, hvis man er så heldig at finde en "Pep Guardiola" smiley

Men fedt i stadig opdatere siden, er stor fan af vman, fortsæt det gode arbejde!

I don't think it's a great idea to change, coaches can be very competent in real life in many aspects of the game and i don't really see the problem having a really great coach who can do anything basically, if you're lucky you find a guy like the legendary "Pep Guardiola" smiley

But nontheless, really nice to see you still update the website, I'm a big fan of vman, keep up the good work!

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 27 May 2023, 10:51
There are a lot of good ideas but posted around, but they are all much larger in scale or not suitable for a "short term" plan.

There is a plan to make a new, much more complex system, where all of the "issues" would go away and everyone would have to rethink how they manage their clubs and personal.
But until then, we have to settle with a much more simple solution that still hits a lot of the issues that we face currently.

We still collect ideas and proposals for new ways to do staff in general, and fit that in to the general idea we are discusing though.

While 20xx20, 2020xx or 202020 will not be possible to find, they might become something you could win in an event, or giveaway later on. So they would might still exist in some capacity and then they would truly be the "best" option. We still have to figure out how and if we would do something like this though.
Its all a balancing act and we are constantly trying to find the right balance.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 27 May 2023, 12:15
I think this a fair solution for all

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 27 May 2023, 12:17
Limiting amount of staff to a reasonable number would help too. Have employee staff spaces and you juggle your slots between trainers and scouts

Hindle FC (Florent Sinama-Pongolle) 27 May 2023, 16:45
It's a decent step for a short term solution, but I think reworking the search functionality should also be considered. Even if it's just being able to filter out a lot of the useless trainers, or even add the attributes on to the search menu, without having to hover over every single one, it's really time consuming to search for staff without VMEnhancer

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 28 May 2023, 13:45
what is VM Enhancer?

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 28 May 2023, 13:56
Understated Excellence wrote:
what is VM Enhancer?
A chrome add on that helps with various things, like showing what stats are affected by the 15% rule, helps with scout reports stuff and makes it easier to share scout reports with others.
And it also calculate the players potential based on the trainings. This doesn't show the accurate potential that the players has as it's solely based on the trainings.

Ipswich Town Allstars (Dunx Adams) 28 May 2023, 14:13
Understated Excellence wrote:
what is VM Enhancer?
This is a difficult to hear about addon for Chrome. Unfortunately If you aren't active in the Danish forums there is little chance of hearing about it or finding a download. I expect there might be other addons but I don't know how to find them either.