Forums

Miscellaneous

Posted in Developer's corner

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 28 May 2023, 16:19
Ipswich Town Allstars wrote:
Understated Excellence wrote:
what is VM Enhancer?
This is a difficult to hear about addon for Chrome. Unfortunately If you aren't active in the Danish forums there is little chance of hearing about it or finding a download. I expect there might be other addons but I don't know how to find them either.
VME is the only addon that I know about, and as far as I remember the only way to find the info is in the user's forum not the public danish ones. Unfortunately that doesn't make it that easier to find.

Hindle FC (Florent Sinama-Pongolle) 29 May 2023, 02:08
You can actually just google VMEnhancer and it's the first result

Ipswich Town Allstars (Dunx Adams) 29 May 2023, 09:05
Hindle FC wrote:
You can actually just google VMEnhancer and it's the first result
Yes I appreciate that. However I have played this game since 2012 and only discovered it last year by accident. You can google almost anything and it is easy, but first you have to be aware of something's existance, and its name.

If things like this are available to all they should be in the noob bible or something easy to locate.

Try googling VM addon and see what you get?

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 29 May 2023, 10:22
Please do remember that community contributions are not for the crew, nor virtualmanager in general, to advertise about.
These are tools made by players, and they could or could not be advertised in public.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 29 May 2023, 12:13
No. Oh my god like really No!
You have done it again...You ignore sensible suggestions from your customers and go off in a completely different direction. Over many years we have asked you over and over again to listen to your customers regarding the game enhancements we want, and nearly every time you come up with solutions nobody wants whilst ignoring changes which would really improve VM from a customer experience. This is a case in point.
The scarcity of 20x20 trainers is a nonsense, and your solution is to ensure nobody has them? That is the most ridiculous thing you could have done. There are only really 2 sensible options here, which many of your customers have been asking for for ages.

1. Generate more 20x20 trainers. We know you can (the Christmas prize giveaways) and this would make us all happy. You don't have to flood the game but if you triple or quadruple the amount and make it easier to search for them, problem solved.

2. Link trainer skills to training facilities the club has to enable clubs to get the 20x20s if they have the right facilities, either by generating them or allowing the players to train the trainers. To me this is the best solution but will require more reprogramming time, so introduce solution 1 as a stop-gap and look to introduce solution 2 later.

Please listen to us, scrapping trainers with two 20 skills is complete nonsense.

Rolf

Enchiladas Mexicanas (Patatas Bravas) 30 May 2023, 06:09
Just thought I'd add my voice to those who think that this proposal is a bit of a nonsense. It'll just result in practically the same thing happening only with 201919, 192019, 191920 etc.

It doesn't resolve the probably whatsoever, as far as I can see. It merely changes the same problem, slightly.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 31 May 2023, 02:25
Cheers for replies on VM enhancer. May take a look

Ipswich Town Allstars (Dunx Adams) 31 May 2023, 09:48
Newcastle U FC wrote:
You have done it again...You ignore sensible suggestions from your customers and go off in a completely different direction. Over many years we have asked you over and over again to listen to your customers regarding the game enhancements we want, and nearly every time you come up with solutions nobody wants whilst ignoring changes which would really improve VM from a customer experience. This is a case in point.
The scarcity of 20x20 trainers is a nonsense, and your solution is to ensure nobody has them? That is the most ridiculous thing you could have done. There are only really 2 sensible options here, which many of your customers have been asking for for ages.

1. Generate more 20x20 trainers. We know you can (the Christmas prize giveaways) and this would make us all happy. You don't have to flood the game but if you triple or quadruple the amount and make it easier to search for them, problem solved.

2. Link trainer skills to training facilities the club has to enable clubs to get the 20x20s if they have the right facilities, either by generating them or allowing the players to train the trainers. To me this is the best solution but will require more reprogramming time, so introduce solution 1 as a stop-gap and look to introduce solution 2 later.

Please listen to us, scrapping trainers with two 20 skills is complete nonsense.

Rolf
Absolutely agree with all of it. There are many simple ways to solve the problem. All that is being done is to remove 20 and make 19 X 20 the new must have trainer which will get advertised in forums and still be unfindable.

I don't want to play a game where I have to rely on someone else to do my searching for me. Where is the satisfaction in that. Just stop the advertising in forums for trainers and there is no reason to change anything else. It wasnt broken until people started linking every available trainer in the forums!

Nereus (Dave Matus) 31 May 2023, 10:36
Newcastle U FC wrote:

Rolf
100% this. it's just shifting the problem from 20x20 to searching for 20x19 ...

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 31 May 2023, 10:57
As others have said, i think this is just shifting the problem and making things needlessly more complex for everyone, for the sake of a temporary fix.

To me, adding more staff would be a far easier solution both for the developers and community - allowing more energy and focus to be put onto implementing whatever is the more permanent solution to the problem whenever that may be amongst other things they wish to develop.