Forums

Miscellaneous

Attributes of no importance-field players/keepers

Posted in General

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 21 October 2012, 22:59
Thanks for sharing this mate! Very interesting...

Razey Rovers (Daniel Razey) 21 October 2012, 23:32
Guess i need readjust my training program

my Goalkeeper one was pretty accurate with key stats though smiley

Woodgate Wanderers (Michael Marsden) 21 October 2012, 23:42
thanks for the info, but surely as a defender, jumping is a crucial stat, for the defending of corners, that was something iv always based my defending on

Silkeborg IF (Det var sjovt - vender tilbage) 21 October 2012, 23:50
Woodgate Wanderers wrote:
thanks for the info, but surely as a defender, jumping is a crucial stat, for the defending of corners, that was something iv always based my defending on
Yeah you would think that both jumping, marking and determinition were important stats for a defender, but it isn'tsmiley

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 21 October 2012, 23:54
Delicate Sound of Kurv wrote:
Yeah you would think that both jumping, marking and determinition were important stats for a defender, but it isn'tsmiley
So you are saying marking isn't important?smiley

Silkeborg IF (Det var sjovt - vender tilbage) 21 October 2012, 23:55
Leicester Fosse wrote:
As it says in the beginningsmiley

The following 4 attributes have no influence on how field players perform on the pitch:
Marking
Determination
Morale and
Jumping

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 21 October 2012, 23:56
Leicester Fosse wrote:
As it says in the beginningsmiley

The following 4 attributes have no influence on how field players perform on the pitch:
Marking
Determination
Morale and
Jumping
Oh yeah! I didn't see that! that is quite weirdsmiley

Darwin Evolution (Zoob) 22 October 2012, 02:50
Wow. Have to say this is pretty messed up and very, very amateur. Marking and jumping don't mean anything to defenders, even though when you train "defending" these are 2 of the 4 attributes that are impacted. That's awful.

The fact that this has essentially been discovered by accident and communicated like this shows the general disdain that users of VM are held in. Don't get me wrong - I'm thankful that this has been communicated, but really this should have been communicated years ago, and by Rasmus or one of the game developers.

Assume the new game engine will mean stats are used differently? (or will we only be told 5 years down the line?!)

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 22 October 2012, 03:01
Darwin Evolution wrote:
Wow. Have to say this is pretty messed up and very, very amateur. Marking and jumping don't mean anything to defenders, even though when you train "defending" these are 2 of the 4 attributes that are impacted. That's awful.

The fact that this has essentially been discovered by accident and communicated like this shows the general disdain that users of VM are held in. Don't get me wrong - I'm thankful that this has been communicated, but really this should have been communicated years ago, and by Rasmus or one of the game developers.

Assume the new game engine will mean stats are used differently? (or will we only be told 5 years down the line?!)
I totally agree.This is absolutely shocking news.Has there been a new version introduced or what?How in the world was this discovered by accident?I mean c'mon by accident?Feels like a cop out.Can dennis come on here and give us users who train in specific stats a prioritized updated list of whats important for each area so that we know what the hell we are suppose to train our players in for value purposes?

The Dudes (Rasmus Rønn Nielsen) 22 October 2012, 10:16
I have two remarks regarding this:

• It is not true that these stats no impact have. They will, as stated, be spread onto the other stats. And such - they do have an impact albeit an indirect one.
  • We're working on a new stats system that will be far more transparent and intuitive. We aim to make a system so logical there'll be no need to ask what each stat in good for. I don't know when this system will be ready. However, the new simulator will be optimised and ready to handle it.