Forums

Miscellaneous

Training guidance

Posted in General

Deleted club 23 September 2014, 22:04
Rhythm FC wrote:
do we know how many training points it takes to raise a single stat by 1?
Been trying for about an hour at least now but getting nowhere. Just looked at one teams player on set pieces and mine to check some maths and not adding up. Need to try looking at players on another team possibly.

Total percent increases aren't working out to the same number for 1 full stat. Unless some stats need more points than others i got no idea atmj.

Rhythm FC (MMM) 23 September 2014, 22:07
plus im pretty sure that some training exercises dont distribute the stat gains equally between the recipient stat groups

Deleted club 23 September 2014, 22:12
I am doubting the accuracy of those percentages at moment.. My team seems to work out that slightly under 6 points on set pieces is 100% I look at the player from other team and that like just under 5 for 100% and some reason i don't think the percentage in leadership is a good guide on that player.. Mine trained 3.8 their 3.16 and we both get same increase on leadership.Sure mine should have more than the other?

Rhythm FC (MMM) 23 September 2014, 22:17
i just done some rough calcs with a ruler app on my phone and it seems as if it takes just over 4 stat points to raise a single stat group by 1 point. Another way of looking at it is that 1 training point raises a single stat point by roughly 0.23

It is worth noting that this calculated value has a reasonable amount error due to the measurement device used but all in all the value should be ball park smiley

I'll investigate this further later on tonight

EDIT: disregard this as it is probably wrong

Deleted club 23 September 2014, 22:23
Not expecting iit to be accurate but getting it close would be nice. Not getting that. Before the change i thought 3 old stats seemed to push all the stats like tackling, passing, finishing and marking. Give or take a bit.

Rhythm FC (MMM) 23 September 2014, 22:42
Rhythm FC wrote:
i just done some rough calcs with a ruler app on my phone and it seems as if it takes just over 4 stat points to raise a single stat group by 1 point. Another way of looking at it is that 1 training point raises a single stat point by roughly 0.23

It is worth noting that this calculated value has a reasonable amount error due to the measurement device used but all in all the value should be ball park smiley

I'll investigate this further later on tonight
Ive investigated a little further and im pretty sure that the above is wrong because the new player abilities are calculated using a varying amount of stats e.g. Dribbling(NEW) is solely calculated from dribbling(OLD) where as Stamina(NEW) is calculated from and average of 2 old stats; stamina(OLD) and fitness(OLD)

I probably need to do far more calculations to get somewhat reliable enough results but I think that an AVERAGE of ~3.18 over all the contributing old stats raises a new ability by 1 point

Example: It would take only a ~3.18 rise in dribbling(OLD) stats to raise the ability of Dribbling(NEW) by 1 whole point whereas it would take a ~3.18 rise in BOTH stamina(OLD) and fitness(OLD) to raise the new Stamina ability by 1 whole point

Deleted club 23 September 2014, 22:52
3 or slightly over sounds like what i had always thought. If i look at certain old stats and the way i worked out my stats placements 3 higher old stats gave me one higher new stat.

Deleted club 23 September 2014, 23:00
A more simple way to work it out would be to look at the total old stats of a player and divide it by new. Should work out without any messing about.

Rhythm FC (MMM) 23 September 2014, 23:55
does anyone know any of the weightings for each ability in the overall rating calculation?

Deleted club 24 September 2014, 09:31
Rhythm FC wrote:
does anyone know any of the weightings for each ability in the overall rating calculation?
Now, people may share this and they may not, but I think the general feeling is that people want others to figure it out for themselves since those that bother to learn this will have a big edge on the competition.

With the recent changes with the stats some feel this game is now spoon feeding managers the information, so why should we then give out yet more information?

Also, slightly off topic. I read in the Danish forums that the developers may consider changing the little bar under a players stat to a percentage. Personally thats bad news for me as I use the stats to 3 decimal places i.e. 1.234 rather than 1 and something