Forums

Miscellaneous

Training guidance

Posted in General

Deleted club 24 September 2014, 10:00
FC Blyski Atsiskaitymu wrote:
Rhythm FC wrote:
does anyone know any of the weightings for each ability in the overall rating calculation?
Now, people may share this and they may not, but I think the general feeling is that people want others to figure it out for themselves since those that bother to learn this will have a big edge on the competition.

With the recent changes with the stats some feel this game is now spoon feeding managers the information, so why should we then give out yet more information?

Also, slightly off topic. I read in the Danish forums that the developers may consider changing the little bar under a players stat to a percentage. Personally thats bad news for me as I use the stats to 3 decimal places i.e. 1.234 rather than 1 and something
IIMO your best off working things out for yourself.Had wrong answers to a few things and advice is often a matter of opinion. With these new stats rather than spend forever trying to recalculate everything exact from old to new just get familiar with them. Its not worth messing about. By time I got all the answer it will probably be half worked out in my head. Just means holding back on a few things for a season or two for me.

Castiglione (Baldassare) 24 September 2014, 12:14
I don't know if this can help you but we made some calculation on around 1000 players on each position and this is the result of that:

http://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/1081267-vurderingstallet

We tried some numbers and made the calculations for each player after.
This is not completely right but it gives you an idea about what's important smiley

Deleted club 24 September 2014, 12:38
Castiglione wrote:
I don't know if this can help you but we made some calculation on around 1000 players on each position and this is the result of that:

http://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/1081267-vurderingstallet

We tried some numbers and made the calculations for each player after.
This is not completely right but it gives you an idea about what's important smiley
Nice thanks. Not time to look but i am sure it help a lot. More i have thought about it so long as you take into account the fraction and even if its just a rough guess then should be close enough to have confidence in it to work out player values. That my main concern anyway. The rest i can improvise and play it by ear.Couple of things i have been unsure of for a while. I have seen plenty of trusted advice about them but until i confirm it myself not going to accept anything as fact. They should be easy to put to rest now.

I know i am on the right path. I might sound like i ignore a lot of advice but i do take things on-board. Sometimes knowing a wrong answer leads to the right one!

Rhythm FC (MMM) 24 September 2014, 13:52
Dukinfield FC wrote:
Rhythm FC wrote:
does anyone know any of the weightings for each ability in the overall rating calculation?
Now, people may share this and they may not, but I think the general feeling is that people want others to figure it out for themselves since those that bother to learn this will have a big edge on the competition.

With the recent changes with the stats some feel this game is now spoon feeding managers the information, so why should we then give out yet more information?

Also, slightly off topic. I read in the Danish forums that the developers may consider changing the little bar under a players stat to a percentage. Personally thats bad news for me as I use the stats to 3 decimal places i.e. 1.234 rather than 1 and something
IIMO your best off working things out for yourself.Had wrong answers to a few things and advice is often a matter of opinion. With these new stats rather than spend forever trying to recalculate everything exact from old to new just get familiar with them. Its not worth messing about. By time I got all the answer it will probably be half worked out in my head. Just means holding back on a few things for a season or two for me.
I have messed around quite a bit on excel with it and can get mostly accurate ratings predictions (+/- 2 for the high rated players) but i just wanted to know if i was wasting my time with it if someone already had the information.

Deleted club 24 September 2014, 14:11
Sounds like your doing pretty well if not ahead of a lot of people. Unless my off the top my head workings are completely wrong which will know soon enough ii would be doing a bad job to be 5 stats out on anything that matters. Far as values go for me 5 stats isn't going to make any difference to the value of a player.

EDIT: 5 stats meaning old stats.

My training plan doesn't exist i try to work that out on a daily basis but that has been time consuming and can't keep doing it forever. Last night though i managed to whiz through it in half an hour not having to flick from old to new and see whats working right. Its not been uncommon for it take 2 hours to get through it pick at my strategy.Not good on days when i have been too tired and just want to relax and switch off.

Rhythm FC (MMM) 24 September 2014, 15:03
Just realized that Speed(NEW) and Acceleration(NEW) are both calculated solely from the acceleration(OLD) stat

EDIT: Speed(NEW) is made up of acceleration(OLD)+fitness(OLD) whereas Acceleration(NEW) is solely made up of acceleration(OLD)

Deleted club 24 September 2014, 15:06
Rhythm FC wrote:
Just realized that Speed(NEW) and Acceleration(NEW) are both calculated solely from the acceleration(OLD) stat smiley
How did you calculate that?

Also, I notice your manager name stating that new stats has killed interest in the game but you seem to be busy working out how things work smiley

Deleted club 24 September 2014, 15:16
Good work. One thing i mentioned way back in the thread was one way or another that relatively even stats in old would give a similar effect in new. Be nice if at the end that is the case and can see how it all fits together. Might be a good way of knowing if its 100% solid or finding any mistakes.

Frankies acre bhoys (all players transfer listed) 24 September 2014, 15:39
Carnival of Screams wrote:
Transfer Market wrote:
Sheffield United wrote:
Yeah if you train just in defending it will swing the players mood and the training is always worse if you consitantly train on the same area every session.

Even if you Mixed it up say Defending, Pig, Defending, Aerobic, Defending, Tactics, Defending, Strength.

Double that 7 Year Gobbeldy Goop to 14, 100 Tackling by 30 Years old? And have a more Al rounded player potentially?
logic says yes
nice graph
how to pin it to my profile page?
click quote on the original post, then copy the whole bottom bit, then go to your profile, click edit, and paste it in there.
cheers for help and advice mate

Rhythm FC (MMM) 24 September 2014, 15:43
Rhythm FC wrote:
Just realized that Speed(NEW) and Acceleration(NEW) are both calculated solely from the acceleration(OLD) stat smiley
How did you calculate that?

Also, I notice your manager name stating that new stats has killed interest in the game but you seem to be busy working out how things work smiley
sorry I was a little bit hasty with that finding but it seems as though Speed(NEW) is made up of acceleration(OLD)+fitness(OLD) whereas Acceleration(NEW) is solely made up of acceleration(OLD)