Forums

Miscellaneous

Let's all take a deep breath

Posted in General

Deleted club 19 December 2013, 19:27
Tempus Fugit wrote:
With so many people bringing the Whine, in the spirit of Christmas I thought I would bring some Cheese smiley

smiley

FC Stoke (Rich) 19 December 2013, 19:34
Can't get on with these new stats/players page etc at all...see myself logging in less & less last few days...don't even bother checking my players anymore cause it is long winded... smiley it's a damn shame...

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 19 December 2013, 20:01
Bah Humbug wrote:
Can't get on with these new stats/players page etc at all...see myself logging in less & less last few days...don't even bother checking my players anymore cause it is long winded... smiley it's a damn shame...
Same as me mate, I'm just trying to decide whether to sell up or hang on to them until my VM runs out. My plan as you know was to play these players until 30 when they will have 2000+ stats and then sell them and repeat but that's gone out the window now.

My keeper with 937 stats is rated 15 on the new system compared to a midfielder I have who has 834 stats but is rated 18 on the new system. Once these new stats go 'live' it will wipe millions off players values and boost values of crap players. So half the training I have done on this keeper is going to be rendered void and basically I wasted the last 3 months of training. To move the goalposts so fundamentally on a continuous game of this type is unforgivable.

So basically its totally pointless bothered training young players until they change over. Jumpers are also going to be a thing of the past as they will all have 1's or 2's so it will just be a lottery.

People invest a lot of time in this and then the rug is pulled from under them. A lot of people are still burying their heads in the sand (or just haven't the sense to work it out) about the impact of this new stat system but when it comes there is going to be carnage. The first value update after the change is implemented is going to cause meltdown on here.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 19 December 2013, 20:11
I always used the beta system to analyse which player was most suited to a position. It depends if you had the foresight. You did know months ago who was rated what on Beta. Hate to say it but you should have adjusted. I can see your a top manager so id say it was less having the rug pulled over you and more tripping over it because you didn't look where you was going...but enough with the analogies.

Red Dwarf (whoop) 19 December 2013, 20:20
FC Clock Face wrote:
Bah Humbug wrote:
Same as me mate, I'm just trying to decide whether to sell up or hang on to them until my VM runs out. My plan as you know was to play these players until 30 when they will have 2000+ stats and then sell them and repeat but that's gone out the window now.

My keeper with 937 stats is rated 15 on the new system compared to a midfielder I have who has 834 stats but is rated 18 on the new system. Once these new stats go 'live' it will wipe millions off players values and boost values of crap players. So half the training I have done on this keeper is going to be rendered void and basically I wasted the last 3 months of training. To move the goalposts so fundamentally on a continuous game of this type is unforgivable.

So basically its totally pointless bothered training young players until they change over. Jumpers are also going to be a thing of the past as they will all have 1's or 2's so it will just be a lottery.

People invest a lot of time in this and then the rug is pulled from under them. A lot of people are still burying their heads in the sand (or just haven't the sense to work it out) about the impact of this new stat system but when it comes there is going to be carnage. The first value update after the change is implemented is going to cause meltdown on here.
I agree mate. I think if they left the stats alone and let us all toggle between the two stats but having the old ones as the default ones this would stop all of the issues.

the heebie jeebies (dudey) 19 December 2013, 20:32
Someone (Penny ?) will come up with a clever excel sheet which will convert.

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 19 December 2013, 21:04
Understated Excellence wrote:
I always used the beta system to analyse which player was most suited to a position. It depends if you had the foresight. You did know months ago who was rated what on Beta. Hate to say it but you should have adjusted. I can see your a top manager so id say it was less having the rug pulled over you and more tripping over it because you didn't look where you was going...but enough with the analogies.
I havent chosen players to be suited to positions, I've made them from young pups. The keeper I'm talking about is 22 and I've had him 6 months. He has done and continues to play games daily so I cant train him on the 'new' stats for 6 months on the off chance that they introduce it at some point. If I had he would be crap now and would have been crap for the last 6 months.

I still dont know for sure if/when they are going to introduce this crap as they continue to lie to us and then disappear and ignore all the questions/complaints.

I understand the new stats and I'm ready to train youths to be successful with them but that doesn't stop the last 6 months of investment being deleted by the downgrade.

Even now I dont know whether to sell them all and lose the last 6 months and start again when they introduce it or carry on in the hope that someone with an ounce of common sense joins the team, slaps them all about the face and cancels the whole debacle.

I'm really not a top manager mate, I'm relatively new around here and learning all the time.

I am, however, a top moaner smiley

FC Stoke (Rich) 19 December 2013, 21:09
Understated Excellence wrote:
Tbh mate your talking balony...how can you train players to their best abilities on the beta system when the old abilities for training are still in place?

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 19 December 2013, 21:09
By top i meant you have achieved alot in your time on the game. Can you not salvage the player by training them differently until the right ratios can be achieved? Or will he be nearly retired once you rectify it

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 19 December 2013, 21:10
When will the new stats take over the old ones completely? smiley