Forums

Miscellaneous

Let's all take a deep breath

Posted in General

Deleted club 18 December 2013, 14:27
Understated Excellence wrote:
What is the difference between crew and moderator??? Does one have to be more righteous than the other? smiley
Crew can have me removed lol

Deleted club 18 December 2013, 15:20
I only have one problem and its not a big problem.

The training makes no sense to newcomers. 2? What's 2?

The new abilites are good because it isn't 'Unlimited' like the old ones.

The match simulator is more visual.

The lower scores are more realistic.

I thought the tactics were more advanced. I can have counter attack, long balls etc. and i can set them to change in the match.

Deleted club 18 December 2013, 15:21
It Snow Xmas Yet FC wrote:
Understated Excellence wrote:
What is the difference between crew and moderator??? Does one have to be more righteous than the other? smiley
Crew can have me removed lol
Moderators are like interns to the crew.

The Goon Squad (Vinny) 18 December 2013, 17:09
Bubbles what the fook are you going to do about the energy loss its pißßing me off some players have played two matches and lost up to 8% energy, I cannot keep coming on rotating my players I have a life and other things to do, now this is seriously annoying.

I have moaned about this Vman update but I'm trying to get on and accept what's happening but this energy less is getting stupid I have had enough now can you sort this bug, and give us all a energy boost or something please

Vinny

Great Western Railway (Brexit Now) 18 December 2013, 18:00
Biggest waste of time ever , you do realise you are losing money by doing this, you are not improving the game, what if you are only doing what 1/45 people would like.

How silly.

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 18 December 2013, 18:31
FC Sunnyvale wrote:
Right, listen... I know there are issues with the game right now, but we're working on it, and I feel that this forum especially, is getting a tad too overly dramatic.

It is now only 2 days since we released the biggest, most comprehensive update to Virtualmanager in 6 years. Compared to how big this update really is, the issues have been few and minor. But give us some time to sort things out.

Now, if you had been here years and years back, when we released the game we called "Vman 2.0", THEN you'd really have seen a game that was chok-full of extremely serious, game-stopping flaws for months after. "Vman 2.0" was the update that introduced the now scrapped "old match engine" instead of the purely text-based one, we had before then. This was back when the game was only available in Danish.

With regards to bug reports, forum posts, and blog comments and how quickly I respond to them (if at all), I want everyone to consider this. We get information and bug reports in through all of these channels:

• The English forum
  • The Danish forum
  • The English blog comments
  • The Danish blog comments
  • The English bug reports
  • The Danish bug reports
  • The support system
  • PMs and emails to me from the crew
  • Our own crash logs
  • Our own match execution logs
  • Our own tests and observations

So if you experience a bug, then odds are that somebody else has also reported it and we're working on fixing it.

This also means that it is absolutely impossible for me to respond directly to each and every person who reports a bug or complains about a player doing something odd. We're only 2 full-time employees here at Virtualmanager, and there simply isn't the time to give everyone immediate, personal feedback and information about their bug report or complaint.

Finally, all the time I spend responding to comments, is time I'm NOT spending actually fixing things. Today, that's over 2 hours of my workday, so far.

There are bugs, yes, but we're fixing them.

There will be things that certain people don't like, which may be fixed or altered in the future, or they may not be. Here at office, we have to look at the big picture and not just unquestioningly do whatever somebody on the forums demands. That's no way to design a game, especially since ALL the people on the forums don't necessarily agree with each other.

And the forums definitely don't represent "the voice of all Virtualmanager users". I did a database lookup just now and found this: for the past 3 months, only 6.01% of all active users have posted anything in the forums... and only 1.44% of them have ever posted a blog comment.

So please, can we tone it down a bit in here? Give us some time and realise that some of your wishes may come true, but probably not all of them.
Nothing but a page of excuses yet again. You have a very strange attitude to this mess. Why are you talking about the bugs when nobody cares, we don't wont the childish, simplified stat system at all. The bugs are mearly a result of a bigger problem. The real problem is you are ruining the game.

Why are you telling us about how badly you messed it up years ago in the hope that that will somehow make this mess a bit better???? That is the most ridiculous approach to customer care I have EVER seen. 'Yes it's really bad, we completely messed up your game for you, but hey it's all fine because we messed it up much worse than this 2 years ago so stop complaining' !!!!! Unbelievable.

However small the number of people using the forums is it is still a representation of all managers. FACT.

Why do you continue to dodge the questions? Answer me this..........

You keep telling us that we HAVE to have these silly simplistic stats because the match engine needs them. At the moment we have the new stats set as default but we are running on the old stats in the background. This proves we can have the new match engine running on the old stat system so you have lied to us all along.

The question then is WHY are you lying to us and what is the real reason you are dumbing down the stat system?

Keep the old stats and all your resistance and people leaving will stop. Happy customers again.

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 18 December 2013, 18:34
FC Sunnyvale wrote:
Foxs wrote:
May I suggest a poll? Or something that forces users to vote? We really need to see that the majority want the new update, because I can safely assume we don't
We DID have a poll, before we started work on the new match simulator, and lots of people DID want it. It wasn't the number 1 choice; I believe it's was in the number 2 spot after Youth Academy, but I could be wrong.

Please read this post by Rasmus, from about a year and a half ago, where he explained why we chose the match simulator from among the top 4 wanted features:

http://www.virtualmanager.com/blog/510
Poll everyone if they want a tenner and they will vote unanimously that they want it. If you then give everyone a tenner but take £15 off them you will find they are not so happy. You didnt tell everyone at the time of the poll that the new match simulator came at the expense of ruining the rest of their game with a useless stat system. If you had, nobody would have voted for it. WHY can you not see that??

Cosmos Olympic (Jonny Crooze) 18 December 2013, 18:51
OK Sunshine. Can't seem to be able to find out the attendance for my matches anymore. Cant view my players stats at a glance anymore, which was a "Pay-For" additional App and my players are now using up energy so fast they are knackered before the day begins and i'm at a point today where I haven't trained because the energy level for most of my team is already too low. I suggest you take the game off air to rectify things as it's becoming unplayable.

Rangers FootbalI Club (PK) Forum moderator 18 December 2013, 18:55
Cosmos Olympic wrote:
OK Sunshine. Can't seem to be able to find out the attendance for my matches anymore. Cant view my players stats at a glance anymore, which was a "Pay-For" additional App and my players are now using up energy so fast they are knackered before the day begins and i'm at a point today where I haven't trained because the energy level for most of my team is already too low. I suggest you take the game off air to rectify things as it's becoming unplayable.
You get your attendance on your summaries mate.

A random summary of yours. http://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/1321422/summary

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 18 December 2013, 19:01
Cosmos Olympic wrote:
Clubhouse > Results (be patient it takes a lot longer than it did last week) > click a match score