Forums

Miscellaneous

Unbalanced economy and flawed training system

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 20 June 2019, 19:19
Coptic Titans wrote:
That's my point if you are to succeed in this game and not go stagnant at the start you definitely need to trade even you only make a few gains a day it will build up set yourself a realistic target find your niche in the market with certain level of players you can afford and stick to a price structure when buying . 15 min auctions used to reap good rewards for me when selling at peak times 7-9 pm or just Transfer list them at the best player for the age and price at a mark up to what you brought them this requires only checking time to see if any players have sold if so buy a replacement quickly transfer list the player at a profit log off simples . Save 10 million buy premium upgrade training facility to grey immediately and your on the way to success at pace that suits your busy life ..
Thanks, this is what I am doing actually, but seems slow and unnecessary. If I was the game owner I would make it painless for new users to want to play the game and want to pay for it. But even if I scream "shut up and take my money", seems the game is not really interested in people like me. Maybe I need to be in the S&M movement to enjoy wasting time on the TL to be able to pay for a game I enjoy 6-24 months down the line.

Chelsea Dynamo (Dan) 20 June 2019, 19:23
I don't really know what game that has both free-to-play and pay-to-play options that doesn't make it easier/enhanced/advantage for the paying members. Reaching high is possible on this game whether you pay or not, I've had 3 months of premium in my 8 years of playing (on and off), it just takes longer and more time to invest to make it happen as a free player. But isn't that part of the fun, to enjoy the journey?

You can still make money from buying youth players who haven't trained on the free transfer list, no matter what your training ground is. I've managed to find two within about 6 months and they both sold for over 10M. Sure that's a long time to be waiting but this game is all about longevity

Really I can understand your views and I agree that it is is limiting but that's the point. If it wasn't limited nobody would pay and Virtual Manager will shut down. They're a business after all.

Final Whistle (join) 20 June 2019, 19:24
More than this, there is a big contrast between the high pace of the games and the slow traing of the players and improving the players.
For example in hattrick or any other similar online football. Manager you can start training players from week1. Even if you need years to get to top divisions, the time consumption is less. And in contrast to vman the day trading is discouraged not the only way to improve. So maybe whyle my new team in hattrick improves slowly I will stop playing vman unless I can feel I can improve.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 20 June 2019, 19:25
nothing wrong with bdsm , I used to go to the torture garden Brixton regularly !

Whittall United (Grant) 20 June 2019, 20:18
I do love a good crying thread, but I'm gonna remain calm and not rip the op a new one smiley

Yorkshire Knights FC (Jamie) 20 June 2019, 22:39
I cant even be bothered reading all the replies to this but jeez mate just pay for the membership and enjoy the game or do one smiley why are you so upset about having to pay a tiny amount for a decent game, are you gonna walk into GAME and throw a paddy because they won’t give you the new Call of Duty for free? The non paying access is clearly just to give you a taster of the game before deciding if you want to take it on properly and decide to pay or not, I don’t understand what world you are on to expect the devs to reduce the benefits from being a paying member. Get your finger out your ar*e bloody hell

Final Whistle (join) 21 June 2019, 16:47
You'd better bother reading or understanding what I wrote.
I wouldn't mind paying for the game. I already have for a month.
But then decided it's not worth it due to the economy and training problems described.
I honestly hoped to get more support, instead older players insist that if the game was broken when they started playing and it will be fixed they will quit. WTF?
And thanks for the ones that replied saying that some points I raised are valid, I would honestly prefer to focus on those.
In the initial post I only included data for my current status, but added in a comment that the extra difference gained by paying it does not make any difference on the short term.
You need to wait 6 months to upgrade the facilities to begin actually playing/enjoying the game. To me this is the main issue/flow with the game. I also understand that, since you overcame this problem, either believe that everybody should go through the same BDSM thing as you did or that it would be unfair/an advantage to the newer players.
But at the same time if something it's broken why not fix it, make it easier to play/enjoy, grow the player base, grow the demand for already trained player, make it more competitive.
The only advantage in this game is for day traders, and this is revolting for me, as it has nothing to do with a football manager.

Glory Man United (Back to the top) 23 June 2019, 01:26
I do not see the problems, if you want to catch up with the top clubs you need to spend more time than them, and be smarter.

Yes its a huge gab in the divisions, but that part is not on the game to blame.

About training players, why should a manager use +175 millions on training facilities if it dosent pay of?

Final Whistle (join) 23 June 2019, 16:09
Glory Man United wrote:
I do not see the problems, if you want to catch up with the top clubs you need to spend more time than them, and be smarter.

Yes its a huge gab in the divisions, but that part is not on the game to blame.

About training players, why should a manager use +175 millions on training facilities if it dosent pay of?
I'm afraid that few of you got my point.
I agree with your last point, but at the same time why should I upgrade the training facilities if they are useless until they are of very high level.
This is an issue with the game and how the training works.
Also, why should I pay the premium if I cannot use trainers and scouts? Just for the 300k stadium income and the youngsters that are worth nothing ? I'm afraid it's not enough, we get different benefits for the same price. More than this, if the training system is improved the older players have nothing to loose.
The problem is that compared to different managers out there, where I also started playing at the same time, even if the season lasts a lot shorter the player improvement is a lot slower. And that is even more problematic for a beginner, since in vman you cannot train the players in your team and be competitive at the same time, while in any other manager you can. So I will wait patiently for some time and see if things improve and I might renew my subscription. Or I'll quit when I promote and have a competitive team in the other manager while here in vman I will still have a shitty team and being forced to daytrade to be able to improve 10 times the useless training facilities.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 23 June 2019, 16:19
Adrian , you can train players from day one , yes it is fixed at normal intensity and training match for non paying teams which is generous and should be limited to the first month only then cut to reduced intensity .